A Salute To My Fat 60 Gig PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Nightrain76 (331 posts) -

I salute and applaud Sony for my fat 60 Gig PS3. Since 2006, it never gave me any problems. Now, my PS4 arrives in 8 short days which makes me appreciate my PS3's reliability all these years. Even as I get in my last PS3 gaming with GTAV, my PS3 works perfectly. Thank you fat 60 gig PS3. You have earned your retirement and I got my money's worth and then some.

#2 Edited by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

Shame the same can't be said for my 60GB PS3 and many others that broke down due to yellow light of death.

#3 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25643 posts) -

You did well. I went through 2 of the damn things in little over 2 years.

#4 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

I salute and applaud Sony for my fat 60 Gig PS3. Since 2006, it never gave me any problems. Now, my PS4 arrives in 8 short days which makes me appreciate my PS3's reliability all these years. Even as I get in my last PS3 gaming with GTAV, my PS3 works perfectly. Thank you fat 60 gig PS3. You have earned your retirement and I got my money's worth and then some.

My launch 60 hasn't quite earned it's retirement yet. I plan to keep it around to act as big bro to my PS4 and play Gran Turismo 6.

#5 Posted by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

How come 8 days?

#6 Edited by lensflare15 (6174 posts) -

Nice. My 80 gb has been running great for four years now. It'll probably be close to five years by the time I get the PS4...

#7 Posted by justin01 (669 posts) -

Still rocking my 20gig launch, never upgraded the hard drive, just played games, made space and moved on. I will still need it around for Dark souls 2, but it will get a nice break.

#8 Posted by Jak-25 (2490 posts) -
#9 Posted by xHaMm3rS1969x (1 posts) -

Got mine day 1 ( March 2007 ) and is still going strong..I did have to replace the BR drive in 2011 ( £43 Ebay ) . Feb 2013 I had the RLOD, so once again to Ebay for CPU and GPU reflow kit ( £7 ) and ( GILKSY on Youtube ) and was fixed once again. I'm sure Sony will use better Heatsink Compound and Solder for NextGen!!

#10 Posted by _Judas_ (720 posts) -

Alas, mine lasted for 6 years. Gor my fat in 2007. When it got YLOD, I threw it in the oven and cooked it. This made it work just enough for me to extract my safe games and say properly farewell. My new Slim Ps3, although used, will carry on as a big brother for my PS4. I am ready for the next generation.

#11 Posted by Megavideogamer (5356 posts) -

I have a March 2007 Playstation 3 60GB one of the final batch made before Sony canned the original 60 & 20 GB launch models. The 60 Gigger has never given me a problem. These were the best looking and featured of all the PS3 models. As the Playstation 4 era approaches the 60 Giggers will still have a legacy to the Playstation brand. It was worth the hassle of hunting one down. And later another for the Epic spouse. Which is still working.

Now the PS4 will continue the Playstation tradition.

#12 Posted by sukraj (22539 posts) -

I'm on my 2nd ps3

#13 Posted by _Matt_ (8903 posts) -

Lucky going. My launch 60GB died after 2 years.

My slim though is still going strong :)