8 tracks for Motorstorm??

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spursguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spursguy21
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts
Only 8 Tracks? I was thinking upwords of 20 but only 8?? This is very dissapointing.
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
What no way. Where'd you see this?
spursguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spursguy21
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts
It was in article with the makers of motorstorm it was posted on this board a few days ago.
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
Wow that pretty much sucks. First no split-screen, now this.
GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GoldenEye005
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
I just saw 19 tracks on PS3land last week unless they changed (licences) might have been difficult.
sts9kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sts9kid
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Ouch, you're calling him a liar and a troll?  Maybe you should look into the facts before getting so irate.  It makes you seem very immature.

Pyrros: How many courses is MotorStorm coming with?
Nature_Boy: To Pyrros MotorStorm features 8 tracks. Each of these tracks vary in size but are far bigger than your average racing game with multiple routes. These routes that can also only be accessed by certain vehicles. This gives each track a unique flavour every time you play it with a different vehicle.

pulled straight from the official Playstation messageboards:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=transcripts&thread.id=16&jump=true

Consinder yourself pwned.

Cheers,
sts9kid
Alpha_Omega69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alpha_Omega69
Member since 2004 • 11840 Posts
Ghey...will this game ever get better instead of worst? first no split screen now this? :|
FWWILLKILLSM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 FWWILLKILLSM
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="sts9kid"]Ouch, you're calling him a liar and a troll?  Maybe you should look into the facts before getting so irate.  It makes you seem very immature.

Pyrros: How many courses is MotorStorm coming with?
Nature_Boy: To Pyrros MotorStorm features 8 tracks. Each of these tracks vary in size but are far bigger than your average racing game with multiple routes. These routes that can also only be accessed by certain vehicles. This gives each track a unique flavour every time you play it with a different vehicle.

pulled straight from the official Playstation messageboards:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=transcripts&thread.id=16&jump=true

Consinder yourself pwned.

Cheers,
sts9kid

No one is getting pwned "9STDSKID" stop holding someone elses hand.
Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts
Are you now reading? " Each of these tracks vary in size but are far bigger than you average racing game..." So whats the problem, i mean some of us would only drive on 8 tracks because the rest suck. I for one am not that bothered because thats probably the amount of tracks i would play on online.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
Only 8 Tracks? I was thinking upwords of 20 but only 8?? This is very dissapointing.spursguy21
The game was designed that way. They did not go the route of GT in which there ae 50 different tracks with 300 different cars. No. They choose to make just a few GREAT vehicles and a few GREAT tracks. This is an arcade racing game. Not a sim game.
hellscovern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hellscovern
Member since 2003 • 2872 Posts
I would rather have 8 great tracks than 20+ cack ones.. it's quality that counts not quantity.. also as mentioned the tracks very in size with some taking more than 10mins to complete also there are reverse modes so that adds to the number as well.
DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
It's a bit disappointing, but if they are wide and varied (with routes aplenty) it should still be a fantastic game
Avatar image for -_Aceofspades_-
-_Aceofspades_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -_Aceofspades_-
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
I would rather have 8 great tracks than 20+ cack ones.. it's quality that counts not quantity.. also as mentioned the tracks very in size with some taking more than 10mins to complete also there are reverse modes so that adds to the number as well. hellscovern
Word.
animation_imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 animation_imp
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts
And let's be honest, how many actual tracks did a game like burnout have, I mean actual tracks, not alternitive routes or reversed routes, I'm guessing it couldn't be much more then ten to fourteen, so eight huge tracks with lot's of action is far from abnormal.
ps3rulesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ps3rulesss
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts
when u finish a race in the demo it says with 15 tracks and over 165 different vehicles
i dont know if they've changed it but im satisfied with 8 tracks
plus theres always downloadable content :)

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
I would rather have 8 great tracks than 20+ cack ones.. it's quality that counts not quantity.. also as mentioned the tracks very in size with some taking more than 10mins to complete also there are reverse modes so that adds to the number as well. hellscovern
are you sure about the reverse mode? :D i hope you are right
hellscovern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hellscovern
Member since 2003 • 2872 Posts

when u finish a race in the demo it says with 15 tracks and over 165 different vehicles
i dont know if they've changed it but im satisfied with 8 tracks
plus theres always downloadable content :)

ps3rulesss

The 15 tracks statement refers to the reverse tracks that you unlock in the full game they haven't changed the number they just included them in the total which most devs do with their games. 

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
8 tracks? Wow.. suckage for such an anticipated game. Anyone who trys to turn this into good news is obviously a fanboy.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
yes but those 8 tracks change like you can play at night or sun set or rainect. there are differant ways you can play the tracks so no warries here. im just mad that there is no split screen because now my son and i have to take turns.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
8 tracks, I think I might rent instead! Not worth 60 when there are so many other great titles coming in March!
bitedcurbnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bitedcurbnow
Member since 2004 • 1065 Posts

Let's not forget the future downloadable content that will be available.

nish14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nish14
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

Only 8 Tracks? I was thinking upwords of 20 but only 8?? This is very dissapointing.spursguy21

aw dude 8 is soo weak, they delayed the game and only 8 tracks?...they better b the best 8 tracks i've played in a racing game!

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
If the tracks were in extremely different environments then 8 tracks would be fine since as they said they have multiple routes different weather conditions and such. Personally 8 great tracks all set in a muddy desert sounds ok but certainly not as good as some more variety in track setting and location would be.
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
yah its 8 tracks.. who cares .. maybe they will have downloadable tracks later.. you guys are over reacting big time
phantas777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 phantas777
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts
not to rain on any fans parade but, some of you keep say "i'd rather have 8 great tracks than 20 so-so ones." that's cool and it's your opinion and all, but who's saying these tracks are great to begin with? 8 GREAT TRACKS. says who??? it's a racing game, there's going to be some you won't like at all. that's why these games typically have so many tracks to choose from, as you aren't likely to love them all so they give you more options. 8 tracks is just that, 8 tracks. the problem of it is they're not giving you a whole lot of options, and that's what i find disappointing.
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
well each track is played differently depending on what vehicle your driving.. well none of us has the game so i dont think its fair to base judgement at this point on only 8 tracks.
bitedcurbnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bitedcurbnow

not to rain on any fans parade but, some of you keep say "i'd rather have 8 great tracks than 20 so-so ones." that's cool and it's your opinion and all, but who's saying these tracks are great to begin with? 8 GREAT TRACKS. says who??? it's a racing game, there's going to be some you won't like at all. that's why these games typically have so many tracks to choose from, as you aren't likely to love them all so they give you more options. 8 tracks is just that, 8 tracks. the problem of it is they're not giving you a whole lot of options, and that's what i find disappointing.phantas777

Well the only track I know is the one on the demo, so I guess we'll have to see what the other 7 look like when the game is released. Also, everyone seems to not care about future downloadable content, and I can't understand why.

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
Maybe there will be downloadable ones in the future. If there are, hopefully they are free.
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts
I don't get it. Why do xbox guys give a crap how many tracks there are? In over a year, the 360 hasn't had a game that's even close to this racer. It's a new IP and PS fans love it. So again, what does it matter if it only has 3 tracks? You xbox guys aren't planning on getting a PS3 for this game are you? THis constant dissing of the PS3 and any games that come out for it is just getting very disgusting.
superartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 superartan
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts
in the "games" magazine it says "Only 8, but with the multiple routes it feels like 20" so thats not too bad tbh.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
yea one thing i want this game TO have is more intensity...when i play the demo i pretty much by myself for 2 and a half laps...since im always way ahead of them...i want the computer to always be on my tail
sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts
Nobody needs to defend the eight tracks statement in this topic because the majority of the people complaining about it are not even PS3 owners. They are 360 owners and probably won't be picking this game up. EDIT: Nevermind, I thought I was posting in the system wars topic. =/ Still though, some people here are screaming it's a bad thing when it seems like you back the other console. I am fine with eight tracks as long as they can be fun.....
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

The point that you all are missing is that there are 65 racing events!

Aside from the reversible tracks, there are also night time races and a wide variety of vehicles that are going to make each race feel different. And if you've played with just the 2 different vehicles available in the demo... then you KNOW how different the same track can feel.

I've had so much fun with that single track, I'll be happy just to have the full game & all of the vehicles.

chrisius007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chrisius007
Member since 2003 • 608 Posts
Online updates and downloadable tracks a possibilty for the future to overcome this 'problem'?
bitedcurbnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bitedcurbnow

Online updates and downloadable tracks a possibilty for the future to overcome this 'problem'?chrisius007

I heard that there will be a bunch of new content available in the future.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sgt_Hale

not to rain on any fans parade but, some of you keep say "i'd rather have 8 great tracks than 20 so-so ones." that's cool and it's your opinion and all, but who's saying these tracks are great to begin with? 8 GREAT TRACKS. says who??? it's a racing game, there's going to be some you won't like at all. that's why these games typically have so many tracks to choose from, as you aren't likely to love them all so they give you more options. 8 tracks is just that, 8 tracks. the problem of it is they're not giving you a whole lot of options, and that's what i find disappointing.phantas777

Those 8 tracks break down to 65 different racing events depending on vehicles and racing conditions... that's going to be a pretty awesome experience & certainly nothing to be disappointed in. From the vids and the demo... we can be pretty certain that all 8 tracks will be great. The racing dynamics of this game is what makes it so great... and that will easily translate to the different tracks available.

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GoldenGlove
Member since 2002 • 4699 Posts
No big deal.  They'll more than likely add more with downloadable content anyway
sts9kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sts9kid
I don't get it. Why do xbox guys give a crap how many tracks there are? In over a year, the 360 hasn't had a game that's even close to this racer. It's a new IP and PS fans love it. So again, what does it matter if it only has 3 tracks? You xbox guys aren't planning on getting a PS3 for this game are you? THis constant dissing of the PS3 and any games that come out for it is just getting very disgusting.chubear700
You have no idea what you're talking about. The X360 has several racers that are better than MotorStorm. There's no way this game is going to come close to touching PGR3. That was a *launch* game with the 360. I have a feeling that MotorStorm willl be pretty close to Test Drive Unlimited in quality. If you look at the reviews TDU received an average score of around 80% - 90%, which is pretty much right on par with the reviews of MotorStorm. Also, if you're not interested in talking about the topic (i.e. Motorstorm has 8 tracks) why are you even here? You're just trying to turn this into a flame war (360 vs PS3). That's not what we're talking about. Jeez.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sgt_Hale

[QUOTE="chubear700"]I don't get it. Why do xbox guys give a crap how many tracks there are? In over a year, the 360 hasn't had a game that's even close to this racer. It's a new IP and PS fans love it. So again, what does it matter if it only has 3 tracks? You xbox guys aren't planning on getting a PS3 for this game are you? THis constant dissing of the PS3 and any games that come out for it is just getting very disgusting.sts9kid
You have no idea what you're talking about. The X360 has several racers that are better than MotorStorm. There's no way this game is going to come close to touching PGR3. That was a *launch* game with the 360. I have a feeling that MotorStorm willl be pretty close to Test Drive Unlimited in quality. If you look at the reviews TDU received an average score of around 80% - 90%, which is pretty much right on par with the reviews of MotorStorm. Also, if you're not interested in talking about the topic (i.e. Motorstorm has 8 tracks) why are you even here? You're just trying to turn this into a flame war (360 vs PS3). That's not what we're talking about. Jeez.

Actually, having played both... it does seem like MotorStorm is going to be way better than PGR3. If you'll check most review sites (including GS)... they say the same thing, this is the best racer anyone has played so far. No racing game to date has the physics and terrain qualities that MotorStorm has built into their racer. It's really unbelievable.

zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts

[QUOTE="sts9kid"][QUOTE="chubear700"]I don't get it. Why do xbox guys give a crap how many tracks there are? In over a year, the 360 hasn't had a game that's even close to this racer. It's a new IP and PS fans love it. So again, what does it matter if it only has 3 tracks? You xbox guys aren't planning on getting a PS3 for this game are you? THis constant dissing of the PS3 and any games that come out for it is just getting very disgusting.Sgt_Hale

Actually, having played both... it does seem like MotorStorm is going to be way better than PGR3. If you'll check most review sites (including GS)... they say the same thing, this is the best racer anyone has played so far. No racing game to date has the physics and terrain qualities that MotorStorm has built into their racer. It's really unbelievable.

It's kinda objective too. However I dont rules out that XBOX 360 fans will despite anything that come out from PS3, no matter how good it is. It will always suck. Motorstorm is a good games, even with demo, i can find replaying values in it.
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chubear700
You have no idea what you're talking about. The X360 has several racers that are better than MotorStorm. There's no way this game is going to come close to touching PGR3. That was a *launch* game with the 360. I have a feeling that MotorStorm willl be pretty close to Test Drive Unlimited in quality. If you look at the reviews TDU received an average score of around 80% - 90%, which is pretty much right on par with the reviews of MotorStorm. Also, if you're not interested in talking about the topic (i.e. Motorstorm has 8 tracks) why are you even here? You're just trying to turn this into a flame war (360 vs PS3). That's not what we're talking about. Jeez.sts9kid
Well if you're going to try and compare PGR3 to MotorStorm then it would seem that YOU have no idea what you're talking about. MotorStorm is unlike any racer to date, it's a new IP; and if you've actually played the game, demo or other wise, you'l know it's tracks are not the conventional tracks you would have in other racing games like PGR or Rally racers. But what I'm getting at is why do you give a toss how many tracks there are? If it's fun for PS owners and users then why do you insist on crying about it when you yourself prefer the other console and it's games?
bitedcurbnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bitedcurbnow
I just can't wait to race at night, on a muddy track, on the edge of a friggin mountain!!
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chubear700
I just can't wait to race at night, on a muddy track, on the edge of a friggin mountain!! bitedcurbnow
WOOOOT!!!
sts9kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sts9kid
[QUOTE="sts9kid"] You have no idea what you're talking about. The X360 has several racers that are better than MotorStorm. There's no way this game is going to come close to touching PGR3. That was a *launch* game with the 360. I have a feeling that MotorStorm willl be pretty close to Test Drive Unlimited in quality. If you look at the reviews TDU received an average score of around 80% - 90%, which is pretty much right on par with the reviews of MotorStorm. Also, if you're not interested in talking about the topic (i.e. Motorstorm has 8 tracks) why are you even here? You're just trying to turn this into a flame war (360 vs PS3). That's not what we're talking about. Jeez.chubear700
Well if you're going to try and compare PGR3 to MotorStorm then it would seem that YOU have no idea what you're talking about. MotorStorm is unlike any racer to date, it's a new IP; and if you've actually played the game, demo or other wise, you'l know it's tracks are not the conventional tracks you would have in other racing games like PGR or Rally racers. But what I'm getting at is why do you give a toss how many tracks there are? If it's fun for PS owners and users then why do you insist on crying about it when you yourself prefer the other console and it's games?

Actually, I own a PS3. I have yet to purchase a game for it after many rentals. The games are not that good. I thought the Motorstorm demo was neat as a tech demo, but it didn't keep me entertained for very long. Trust me, I'd love to see a good game for the PS3, but calling Motorstorm "TEH BEST RACER EVAR" is silly. It seems like a pretty standard game with some good graphics and environment/car destruction. I'm waiting until I can play the finished product, but I think it's going to lack content, which will make the replay value low for single player.
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts

How about we look at facts? I know that Americans haven played Evolution's previous games nut between '02 and '05 they have put out 5 games with 115 (5min+) tracks each (14 countries with 8 to 9 completely different tracks each) and their WRC series has been regarded as the very best in its genre because the high quality tracks  and car physics.

At no time has the people at Evolution been secret about their tactic when it came to Motor Storm, they have always told how they focus on a few high quality tracks with high replayability and wouldn't add cars unless they were played differently than the other cars already in the game while not screwing up the balance.
Imagine how hard it's balancing tracks and so widely different vehicles so one has a chance to win no matter what one drives compared to the competition.

Motor Storm's replayability is not from numbers but from how differently the vehicles handles, deformable terrain and the tactics of the competition. Not forgetting the time of day, how the angle of the sun interacts with the gameplay.

Out of GT4's 41 tracks I can only name 12 worth playing more than once (Grand Canyon, Chamonix, Cathedral Rocks II, Costa di Amalfi, George V Paris, El Captain, High-Speed Ring, Autumn Ring, Nürburgring, Nordschleife, Suzuka, Circuit de la Sarthe) where the rest feels like rushed rehash low budget trash made by a less qualified dev team (some tracks were even better in GT3) and only very few tracks are even close to 10min.

Have people already forgot all the fun they claimed to have with the tracks in the demo?

I feel 100% ensured that people who complain about MS "only" having 8 tracks are peoples who haven't had enough interest in the game to even look into what it's about.

Maybe people should keep in mind that Motor Storm takes up 18GB highly compressed data.

8 tracks? Wow.. suckage for such an anticipated game.  Anyone who trys to turn this into good news is obviously a fanboy.Cellien

LOL Cellien calling people fanboys, he must have forgotten his own posting history. :|

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sgt_Hale

[QUOTE="chubear700"][QUOTE="sts9kid"] You have no idea what you're talking about. The X360 has several racers that are better than MotorStorm. There's no way this game is going to come close to touching PGR3. That was a *launch* game with the 360. I have a feeling that MotorStorm willl be pretty close to Test Drive Unlimited in quality. If you look at the reviews TDU received an average score of around 80% - 90%, which is pretty much right on par with the reviews of MotorStorm. Also, if you're not interested in talking about the topic (i.e. Motorstorm has 8 tracks) why are you even here? You're just trying to turn this into a flame war (360 vs PS3). That's not what we're talking about. Jeez.sts9kid
Well if you're going to try and compare PGR3 to MotorStorm then it would seem that YOU have no idea what you're talking about. MotorStorm is unlike any racer to date, it's a new IP; and if you've actually played the game, demo or other wise, you'l know it's tracks are not the conventional tracks you would have in other racing games like PGR or Rally racers. But what I'm getting at is why do you give a toss how many tracks there are? If it's fun for PS owners and users then why do you insist on crying about it when you yourself prefer the other console and it's games?

Actually, I own a PS3. I have yet to purchase a game for it after many rentals. The games are not that good. I thought the Motorstorm demo was neat as a tech demo, but it didn't keep me entertained for very long. Trust me, I'd love to see a good game for the PS3, but calling Motorstorm "TEH BEST RACER EVAR" is silly. It seems like a pretty standard game with some good graphics and environment/car destruction. I'm waiting until I can play the finished product, but I think it's going to lack content, which will make the replay value low for single player.

The demo alone has plenty of replay value. You're more likely a liar than a real PS3 owner. There are several games worth owning on the system already. And there will likely be racing games better than MotorStorm in the future, but it is definitely better than anything that has come out so far. Not a single aspect about it is standard or average. So you fail.

Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
They said there are different routes which can be accessed only by certain vehicles. What do you think that means? Different racing paths in the same level. 8 Tracks but hte possibility of 2-4 different kinds of racing.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sgt_Hale

They said there are different routes which can be accessed only by certain vehicles. What do you think that means? Different racing paths in the same level. 8 Tracks but hte possibility of 2-4 different kinds of racing.Wii26

Well there are 65 different racing events in the game all designed to feel different and give us some variety. We already know that the tracks feel different depending on which vehicle you're driving anyway.

chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chubear700

Actually, I own a PS3. I have yet to purchase a game for it after many rentals. The games are not that good. I thought the Motorstorm demo was neat as a tech demo, but it didn't keep me entertained for very long. Trust me, I'd love to see a good game for the PS3, but calling Motorstorm "TEH BEST RACER EVAR" is silly. It seems like a pretty standard game with some good graphics and environment/car destruction. I'm waiting until I can play the finished product, but I think it's going to lack content, which will make the replay value low for single player.sts9kid

OK first, if you haven't had a game that yo like on the PS3 and don't see much appealing to you then it would be very daft of you to keep a $600 machine and do nothing with it. It's best you sell it and use the money to enjoy your other console of choice even more. Owning a PS3 for the sake of having some weird right to bash it is a little dysfunctional.. erm well... it's a lot dysfunctional really.

Secondly,If you're going to use the quotation feature for me then use it right cause I don't ever recall me saying "TEH BEST RACER EVAR" so be so kind to not lie, thank you.

Thirdly, You saying "It seems like a pretty standard game with some good graphics and environment/car destruction" indicates that you've only seen vids of gameplay and not actually played it and if you have actually played it and feel it's standard then that's your opinion. I've played the demo and I can say in the 20 years I've been gaming I've not played a racer like it.

Again, it seems the PS3 and it's games are not your cup of bourbon so get rid of it so you can enjoy gaming on the other console and not have to whine about not liking any game on the PS3.