This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3_Boy
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
Hi i was just woundering y is there only a 60 Gig coming out in the uk and the 20 Gig till late 07
I have my 60Gig pre-oredered for March but i was just woundering thanks
BadSmerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BadSmerf
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
The 20 GB probably doesn't make as much money as the 60. I wouldn't buy the 20 anyway, in a few years the HD space could be very important, you never know.
PS3_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS3_Boy
have u got your PS3 yet and how good is it , is it better than the 360 coz i hate my 360 now its just boring
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
They lose more money on the 20gb than with the 60gb, and with all of the regions they're going to be released in they would lose even more money so I think they went with the decision to only sell the 60gb to conserve money.
jw7103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jw7103
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts
with the hdd being a 2.5" sata hdd y would sony sell a 20gb version here when they know ppl can upgrade the hdd inside the machine. Plus they can produce more 60Gb versions for the pal market as the pal market is probably bigger than us and japan together.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Hi i was just woundering y is there only a 60 Gig coming out in the uk and the 20 Gig till late 07
I have my 60Gig pre-oredered for March but i was just woundering thanksPS3_Boy
Sony wants to phase the 20 out and besides, non Amercians are more likly to use the higher tech features.
bondps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bondps3
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

ther stopping production of the 20g and just sending out a version without a HDD. also they take a bigger fall fromt he sales of the 20g

jw7103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jw7103
why sell a version without a hdd, That has never been Sony's plan to follow X360. Sony will just make a 60gb version available and review the 20gb version later in the yr. If there is a need for a 20gb version then sony will make it available if not then Sony will continue to release 60gb version only.
Also I have been reading my latest computer magazines and it looks like the Cell processor made by Sony, IBM and Toshiba (in partnership with AMD) may be made using 65nm technology soon meaning a drop in production costs. Hopefully next yr they will be using 45nm processors which will mean a bigger drop in production costs.
I think there is a link somewhere on this forum that does have an interview with Phil Harrison, that does mention production costs beginning to fall with the use of the 65nm technology (cheaper, less power usage, and cooler processors). If what is in my Personal Computer World computer magazine is correct then we could be seeing 45nm technology being used from xmas 2007 which could mean a price drop around easter 2008.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
Just a little curious- can you swap out the hard drive from the 20gb version? I thought I remembered hearing that you could only do that on the 60gb one.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Just a little curious- can you swap out the hard drive from the 20gb version? I thought I remembered hearing that you could only do that on the 60gb one.Vampyronight

Yes you can.
JuniorXL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JuniorXL4
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts
have u got your PS3 yet and how good is it , is it better than the 360 coz i hate my 360 now its just boring PS3_Boy
i enjoy both
ForlonHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 ForlonHope
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
both systems are completely. i like my ps3 for the media capabilities compared to what the 360 has to offer (wmv's are the worst format ever). i like how I can save all my movies and music into the hard drive through an SD card or external hard drive. However, there are no rpg's out and I am getting bored waiting for Armored Core 4. The 360 (obviously) has a bigger library of games due to it being out earlier and it has a much in-depth and developed online experience due to it being out earlier again. both systems do well. I would favor my ps3 more if they could release an rpg, soon. preferably if working designs came back into business (it would be a miracle if it does). As of now, both systems are equal in my eyes.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Radiozo
Since I already have a PC connected to my TV I dont have any need to play videos and music on my ps3. I just use it for games. So 20Gb is more than enough for me.

360 is a lot better at the moment. The lack of games for PS3 is really annoying. And the multiplatform games so far are better on 360.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
have u got your PS3 yet and how good is it , is it better than the 360 coz i hate my 360 now its just boring PS3_Boy
OK, PS3 "Fan" Boy
jw7103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jw7103
how does him saying he hates his 360 make him a ps3 fanboy.
PS3_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PS3_Boy
ok i was thinking to sell my 360 coz of a lack of games i only have 4 now Enchanted Arms, Oblivion, Lost Planet and Smackdown vs Raw 07 coz there is not much out realy what do yous have?
bamf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bamf03
Member since 2003 • 1205 Posts
Since I already have a PC connected to my TV I dont have any need to play videos and music on my ps3. I just use it for games. So 20Gb is more than enough for me.

360 is a lot better at the moment. The lack of games for PS3 is really annoying. And the multiplatform games so far are better on 360.
Radiozo
With all the possible downloads from the PS network do you think 20gb is enough? I have filled up my 300gb on my PC with movies alone. On the PS network I do want to download HD footage and maybe even movies now that PS3 can have background downloading or will have on the next update. The PSone game for the PSP and PS network arcade games could soon fill up the HDD.

There are not much games on PS3 if you have a 360 as you already have played the games available. If however you don't have a 360 and just got a PS3, then I think that the PS3 has the best library of games in its first few months than any of the other consoles had. Beside I made a rental list on-line and I actually chose the PS3 versions of many of the games and this is because the joypad is so much better. The anolog controler is piss poor on 360 and if PS3 has 10 degrees of sensitivity and PS2 had 8, then the 360 has about 3 or feels like it does. The D-pad on 360 is the worst d-pad in history. Regarding 360 versions being better is really only down to achievement point and sometimes frame-rate. Frame-rates are never as bad as reviews say they are for any platform and you can be so into a game like Call of Duty 3 that you never notice it happen once and if you do, its small and forgetful and doesn't hamper gameplay. The rest about 360 version being better is debatable
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]Just a little curious- can you swap out the hard drive from the 20gb version? I thought I remembered hearing that you could only do that on the 60gb one.Radiozo

Yes you can.

Nice- makes the PS3 MUCH more appealing now. Due to my current living situations, I could justify buying the $500 and after my situation improves, upgrading the HDD. Plus i don't have wi-fi.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Radiozo
[QUOTE="Radiozo"]Since I already have a PC connected to my TV I dont have any need to play videos and music on my ps3. I just use it for games. So 20Gb is more than enough for me.

bamf03
With all the possible downloads from the PS network do you think 20gb is enough? I have filled up my 300gb on my PC with movies alone. On the PS network I do want to download HD footage and maybe even movies now that PS3 can have background downloading or will have on the next update. The PSone game for the PSP and PS network arcade games could soon fill up the HDD.

There are not much games on PS3 if you have a 360 as you already have played the games available. If however you don't have a 360 and just got a PS3, then I think that the PS3 has the best library of games in its first few months than any of the other consoles had. Beside I made a rental list on-line and I actually chose the PS3 versions of many of the games and this is because the joypad is so much better. The anolog controler is piss poor on 360 and if PS3 has 10 degrees of sensitivity and PS2 had 8, then the 360 has about 3 or feels like it does. The D-pad on 360 is the worst d-pad in history. Regarding 360 versions being better is really only down to achievement point and sometimes frame-rate. Frame-rates are never as bad as reviews say they are for any platform and you can be so into a game like Call of Duty 3 that you never notice it happen once and if you do, its small and forgetful and doesn't hamper gameplay. The rest about 360 version being better is debatable

Im not interested in downloadable content that much. I have used up maybe 2Gb on my 360 and Ive had it since launch. I dont have the need to keep every demo I download. I delete them after Ive tried them out.

As for downloading movies. I got other channels for that that are "cheaper".
ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
[QUOTE="Radiozo"]Since I already have a PC connected to my TV I dont have any need to play videos and music on my ps3. I just use it for games. So 20Gb is more than enough for me.

bamf03

u have to be joking right the 360 controller is so much better than the crappy PS3 controller, the 360 controller never loses connection unlike the sorry bluetooth controller the PS3 uses
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts

[QUOTE="bamf03"][QUOTE="Radiozo"]Since I already have a PC connected to my TV I dont have any need to play videos and music on my ps3. I just use it for games. So 20Gb is more than enough for me.

ProjectPat187

u have to be joking right the 360 controller is so much better than the crappy PS3 controller, the 360 controller never loses connection unlike the sorry bluetooth controller the PS3 uses

Never had an issue with my PS3 controller or my 360 one. Shouldn't you be living under a bridge? 

coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
The 20 GB probably doesn't make as much money as the 60. I wouldn't buy the 20 anyway, in a few years the HD space could be very important, you never know.BadSmerf
In my opinion, the 20G is a rip compared to the 60G.
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
[QUOTE="BadSmerf"]The 20 GB probably doesn't make as much money as the 60. I wouldn't buy the 20 anyway, in a few years the HD space could be very important, you never know.coldkill19
In my opinion, the 20G is a rip compared to the 60G.

Yeah the 60 gig costs Sony $50 more to make and they charge $100 more for it.  The 20 gig would be the rip...
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
20 gig being the ripoff? Wah? Its not hard to get a 120gig notebook harddrive and a usb wi-fi thing wouldn't be very expensive either. I say the 20 gig is the better deal since you'd probably upgrade the 60gig someday anyways.