pspmax022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 pspmax022
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
a couple of days ago, i dicided that i was going to play twisted metal 4. it had been a long time before i played a PSone game on my PS2. so i put in the memory card and tried loading it. it says please insert memory card..... well can anyone help me?
aaronikiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aaronikiss
Member since 2004 • 661 Posts
I had the same problem. Wouldn't read the card.
biohazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 biohazard
Member since 2002 • 953 Posts
I baught some PS1 memory cards off of eBay a few weeks ago, and when they got to me the PS2 didn't recognize them. I use a slimline model, and when i contacted the memory card's seller, they told me that the slim PS2 is picky about the PS1 cards it will recognize. they replaced the cards that didn't work for me with ones that did, but the safest bet is to just go with 1st party SONY memory cards. then it should work fine, at least in the slim PS2 system.
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
Did you take out the game and turn the system back on and see if you could browse the memory card?
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Did you take out the game and turn the system back on and see if you could browse the memory card?Fredrick2003x

Yes,do that ^^,and when you insert the memory card try to move it sideways,it should appear in the screen after a few tries.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts
Yeah... start the console with the drawer open so that you can access the Browser function from the set-up menu... when the cards section comes up wiggle the PSOne card around a little in the slot and it should come up... then close the drawer and boot the game. that's how I know I'm getting a solid read on my cards. This happens on occassion with PS2 memory cards AND the AV plug on the back of the PS2, should it last long enough.
Uma-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Uma-Chan
Member since 2005 • 14901 Posts
Haha, I have had the same problem. I just blew into the damn thing until it started reading the memory card. :lol:
darkfighter000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 darkfighter000
Member since 2007 • 567 Posts
Yeah PS2's are picky like that. Thank got I still have a PSO to play my PSO games. My PSO is the small white one that comes with a LCD screen. It's just as small as the PS2 Slim.