which is the best spiderman game?

#1 Posted by jak305 (81 posts) -

Personaly i think Ultimate Spidey but what do you think? Hmm!

#2 Posted by haterex (2410 posts) -

The ps1 spiderman games are the best...

#3 Posted by Baron_14 (1771 posts) -
Spiderman on ps1
#4 Posted by _AbBaNdOn (6518 posts) -
SM2 has the best swing mechanics. Ultimate looks awesome, has decent combat and lets you play as venom. Still they all lack replay value as once you complete the storyline the things to do in those games FLATLINE. The only thing i liked about sm3 was the gang wars and the combat. I'll never play another game made by vicarious visions though they suck. I think spiderman friend or foe is going to be made by yet a THIRD dev team? I wanna know what the hell happened to Treyarch and how come they are not making any more spiderman games since they did suchan awesome job on the previous ones.
#5 Posted by dizzy-da-great (101 posts) -
its obviously gotta be spider man 2 !!! the best spiderman game out thier exept after you beat dr octopus it gets boring
#6 Posted by boybrushdred (1892 posts) -

the ps1 spider-man made a big impact, but the dreamcast version plays better.

#7 Posted by Silent_Bladez (140 posts) -
i havn't played any,but i heard 3 was pretty good...
#8 Posted by rohver (11846 posts) -
Both the ps1 spiderman games
#9 Posted by Giff1988 (800 posts) -
Both Spider-man games from the PS1 were much better than any of the ps2 games. Boss fights were much better and also they did a better job capturing the spirit of the good old days of comic books if you ask me. Also I hate free roaming games, give me level design!!
#10 Posted by D3R1N (610 posts) -
I personally liked 2 the best. I never got a chance to play the PS1 games.
#11 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -
maximum carnage (sega genisis)
#12 Posted by I_AM_AROD______ (718 posts) -

Well I haven't played the PS ones and obviously pretty much all movie games $uck, co Ultimate Spider-Man.

BTW, that statement isn't really worth trusting because I haven't played 2.

#13 Posted by jak305 (81 posts) -
Whats so good about the PS1 spidey games? Yes at the time they where work's of genius but the new(er) games are much more exiting.Please explain why you think they are better.
#14 Posted by Eric_Drav3n (2729 posts) -
The first one on ps1 is the best
#15 Posted by pop_muffin (122 posts) -
asking a question like that is like saying which is the best Final Fantasy....they all suck
#16 Posted by Giff1988 (800 posts) -

Whats so good about the PS1 spidey games? Yes at the time they where work's of genius but the new(er) games are much more exiting.Please explain why you think they are better.jak305

I'll admit going back to play the orignal games many flaws do show. Some of the takced on puzzels and camera system gets annoying but bot ps1 games tell a better Spider Man story and both have much funner boss battels than any of the PS2 games I played. Spider Man the Movie game on the PS2 was alright but I really disliked Spider Man 2 for ps2. All it was is a swing machanic after that novelty ran of you were left with a pretty bad game. Boss fights were garbage and beating up nameless thugs got dull really quick. The game took a free roaming aproach and in my opinion if that comes at the expense of level design and clever boss fights then I dont want it.

#17 Posted by majadamus (10266 posts) -

maximum carnage (sega genisis)-DirtySanchez-

We have a winner!

#18 Posted by _CloudSwift_ (609 posts) -
Ultimate was fun. 1 2 and 3 were a little boring to me
#19 Posted by ogreiron (203 posts) -
ultimate spiderman was more fun because you got to play as venom but the story line of that game was pretty off the wall and goofy!
#20 Posted by Seize_the_dayX (109 posts) -

Personaly i think Ultimate Spidey but what do you think? Hmm!

jak305

I didn't get a chance to play the others really, but I got to play Spider-Man 2 and I thought it was a pretty good game.

#21 Posted by jak305 (81 posts) -

[QUOTE="jak305"]Whats so good about the PS1 spidey games? Yes at the time they where work's of genius but the new(er) games are much more exiting.Please explain why you think they are better.Giff1988

I'll admit going back to play the orignal games many flaws do show. Some of the takced on puzzels and camera system gets annoying but bot ps1 games tell a better Spider Man story and both have much funner boss battels than any of the PS2 games I played. Spider Man the Movie game on the PS2 was alright but I really disliked Spider Man 2 for ps2. All it was is a swing machanic after that novelty ran of you were left with a pretty bad game. Boss fights were garbage and beating up nameless thugs got dull really quick. The game took a free roaming aproach and in my opinion if that comes at the expense of level design and clever boss fights then I dont want it.

I guess the PS1 spidey games where great, well..i loved them.I saved up all my money to get it when it first came out and that a first for me!And your right about the boss battles.Plus you could use loads of different costumes that made a difference depending of which one you used like that one which made yo invisible.WOOo!!!
#22 Posted by buff2007bills (39 posts) -
I love the roaming in these games ... have Spidey jump off the tallest building ... the fall graphics are cool to watch
#23 Posted by GreenNinjaN (247 posts) -
Personaly I gotta go with Spiderman 2 for PS2. The swinging controlls really gave you the feel of being Spiderman. They amy have been hard to get used to but I loved it. The only problem with the game was that it was too short. But still I loved it.
#24 Posted by Mikey_PJ (172 posts) -
Spiderman the movie fools.
#25 Posted by rickstaff (22 posts) -
I think Spider man 2 is the better spidey game because it has good story it was also the first spider man game that let you  walk on the streetwhich is awesome.
#26 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -
I think spider man 2 seems to be the most popular. But the ps1 games were good, too.