I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 I_AM_AROD______
Member since 2007 • 718 Posts

So Guitar Hero III or Rock Band, which one, which one??????

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

• Made by developers of the Tony Hawk series.
  • Features a really awesome soundtrack (The Devil Went Down to Georgia in a boss mode againt "Lou", which is rumured to be short for Lucifer, FTW!!).
  • The basic guitar formula we have come to love.
  • New boss modes (againt Slash!!!)
  • Some really cool characters

Rock Band

• Made by developers of the the first 3 Guitar Hero games
  • Features great soundtrack (full with great clas sic rock songs)
  • A new video game formula of rocking featuring drums, lead guitar, bass guitar, and a singing (or each one by it's self)
  • Great for multiplayer (1 player and 2, 3, or 4 player FTW!!!!)
  • Not too sure about the characters, but I'm guessing it will have a good variety.

So vote on the poll, and post why you voted what if you feel like it (I'll do that myself later, when I have time). Also if any mods read this, it might not be a bad thing to sticky, just to keep there from more isods like me from posting these pointless, time-sucking, polls. :P

Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 I_AM_AROD______

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock screens (most likely from the 360/PS3 version, but it still gives you a pretty good idea):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rock Band screens (same as GH, most of these are probably PS3/360 screens, but they still give you a good idea):

Avatar image for I_AM_AROD______
I_AM_AROD______

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 I_AM_AROD______

I chose both, right now I'm love Guitar Hero II (made by Harmonix). I love (most of) the Tony Hawk games so I trust Neversoft to give justice to the Guitar Hero name (+ I love the song selection and the idea of boss modes on GH3). There are5 reasons that I also want to own Rock Band: I am 100% sure (after playing the first 3 Guitar Heroes) that Harmonix knows how to make Rock video games, I will always like more songs to play on the guitar controller, I would also love to play the drums, I love all the songs, and the multiplayer looks like it could be freaking amazing if you could find a person to play each part.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

Guitar Hero III hands down.

Rock Band is definetly a good choice too, but you have to pay for the good songs and i just feel like it is too ambitious.

Plus, the notes are ugly. :P

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts

I'm getting GH3 because they have a tougher song list, and the game should be fun for a long time.

Rock Band's songlist is was too commercial, most of the guitar parts will be too easy, and will probably get boring very quick. The Foo Fighters, Metallica, and The Clash have much better/harder tunes than the ones selected for Rock Band.

berzerknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 berzerknot
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
I had to go with "not sure" because ive played the first two and iam getting sick of the whole metal rock thing(you wouldnt believe but i am true metal fan only brutal death metal grind trash that stuff)but i liked frequency and especialy amplitude because of its variaty of songs metal etc.it had online .The only thing i liked in guitar hero was the 5 buttоns but they could add this to amplitude 2 or whatever.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
Definitely GH 3. It's got Killswitch Engage in it, it's cheaper than Rock Band, and I've liked the GH series.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
its all about the music and gh3 has the best track list by far.
Maajid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Maajid_
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts
Whichever one I see on the shelves -- so both, really.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
Both games look awesome. I will probably stick to GH and pass on Rock Band for budget reasons but it is going to be tough to leave either on the store shelf.
fire_tidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 fire_tidus
Member since 2005 • 96 Posts
Man I want both games!!! GH 1, awesome with classic rock songs, it was the beginning of musical games revolution!!!!!! :P GH2, damn!!! so GOOOD game, just awesome, wiht better hammer-ons, and pull-offs, and a great difficulty level, GH80's, it was like an expansion pack of GH2, if u loved GH2, u must have this game. In my case I have all 3!!! and at 100% expert!!!! I never get tired of these games. Now GH3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ROCK BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with more than 80 tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! daaaamn!!! man im getting both games, those 2 games are gonna be like 6 stars!!! 8)
spike_desanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#12 spike_desanti
Member since 2006 • 597 Posts
gh3
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
guitar hero dominates rock band
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#15 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

No need for inferior American made crap.

Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
GHIII for me. I own the other 3 GH games, which I love, And I honestly don't have any desire to play drums or sing.