Should I get Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or not? and how is it's story?

-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Gray_Fox-
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts

hey guys, I've never heard someone talking about this game , but when I took a look at some videos , it's story looks great,

so is it a great game and a must , or good to be tried but not that great?

and how good is it's story?

finally is it fun to play it now ?

thnx:D

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

It's still a fun game, and worth what it goes for ($8-$12 in my area) but it's overshadowed a bit by Dark Alliance 2 and the Champions of Norrath Series.

Dark Alliance is pretty short, but provides plenty of hack n' slash fun. Story is really just there to move you from place to place, but it's not bad.

silentmobius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silentmobius
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
Dark Alliance is a great game, and you should be able to find it cheap. In my opinion, Champions of Norrath is much better though in terms of gameplay and graphics. As far as the story, they were both okay i guess, nothing that'll have you on the edge of your seat though.
-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Gray_Fox-

so does it deserve my time or not?
should I skip it and get DA2?

if u played dungeon siege 2 , which one do u think is better?

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

Get it dude,just raise your collection,and game is cheap

go for it

eyerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 eyerok
Member since 2004 • 10782 Posts
go for it especially if you have someone else to play it with...I played it with my brother and boi it was fun :P
-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Gray_Fox-

what a shame I don't have a 2nd controller:? or a gaming bro:P

I think I'll I saw some more videos too and I like it:D I will get the 2nd one later:)

clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts
I already have DA2. Instead of creating a new topic I thought I'd ask in here :P Should I get DA1 before I start to play DA2?
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I already have DA2. Instead of creating a new topic I thought I'd ask in here :P Should I get DA1 before I start to play DA2? clubhaxor

It's been along time since I played both games but I would get both just to say "I have both DA games"

Blake-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blake-007
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

Hey Fox.

I highly recommend BG: dark alliance, it's got a good story, awesome levels, great action, and you can play with 2 players.

The levels are great, you start off by getting robbed in a small town, so you start earning gold by helping out a landlord of a pub clear out the basements by killing rats, one thing leads to another and soon you go deep into the cellars of the pub what holds a creepy tail, you end up going deep into the maze.

Then you find yourself fighting in crypts, Sunset mountains, Ice caverns, Swamps, Dungeons, Mines, Towers, the levels are so different and they look so good graphically its just really fun, and the monsters look cool.

You also level up stats and learn new spells, find or buy different weapons and items like an RPG ( I know it's a dungeon crawler after all), its great, for the price, I cant tell you how much I recommend it.

Now for BG: 2.

Me and my bro bought this because how much we enjoyed the first game, but we both were very disappointed, the major problem with this game the levels are all so similar, it gets a little repetitive and boring, my character became useless after my bro learnt the imbalanced duel wield with 2 hander's, I felt like I was not needed, it was just to easy.

The story also follows up from the previous game, you meet a few chars from the original, but it really didn't fulfill my expectation and was let down.

Ok now for Champions.

Don't get confused with the title, it plays exactly the same as both BG, anyway I played this with 3 other players what's cool, apart from some lagg and the imbalance of 4 of you playing, it was fun, it seems like they went back to their roots with all these crazy cool looking levels, all the levels are different what makes it refreshing and more enjoyable to play.

The reason I said 4 players was imbalanced is because it suffers from just tank and spanking your way threw the game including bosses, eg we killed the last boss in like 5 secs what wasn't very satisfying, not much strategy involved.

-Gray_Fox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Gray_Fox-
hey ty vmuch blake:)
HGN_Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HGN_Kevin
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts

Yes.If you haven't gotten it yet,I suggest you do. I still believe it's one of the greatest ps2 game I have ever played.

I really wish they didn't have to stop making the 3rd one now.But anyays,I've notice when my friends played it for the first time,they absoultly loved it.

brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts
Nov 18, 2007 5:48 pm GMT -12

Yes.If you haven't gotten it yet,I suggest you do. I still believe it's one of the greatest ps2 game I have ever played.

I really wish they didn't have to stop making the 3rd one now.But anyays,I've notice when my friends played it for the first time,they absoultly loved it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yeah man, seriously you need to go get this game for 12 bucks, and i agree 2 its gotta be in the top 10. When i started to play it i couldnt get enough of it. As far as champions goes, ehhhhh they took out the jump, and imo really hurt the gameplay. It was still a decent game tho.

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
Its a good game but i think it was too short.