djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 djxaquaxblue
Member since 2004 • 2539 Posts
Wouldt it be cool if they were to remake the Parasite Eve game on the PS3? Man i started playing the old one again on PSone and damn it braught back so many memories. With such a good story line and the way it presents itself I see a reason for a remake on the PS3 and maybe even in to be able to make it on the big screen. Though they made a Japanese movie that didn't get out to everyone but if they made a movie that was exactly like the first game then that would be freakin awsome!!!! Anyways yeah anyone want to see a remake of this game from Square Enix?
ArchAngel2284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ArchAngel2284
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
last i played pe i was at the final boss but never was able to beat it because i was too weak or some thing? so i don't know if i'd play a remake or not for ps3. but i doubt there will be a remake for that game
xXNikiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xXNikiXx
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Hell yes it would!!! That game was amazing. I miss playing it now, though I still have it :P and a movie of it would be nice too. I know there are some people that will say it should be left alone or it'll be ruined. But I personally think that a remake of it to either ps2 or ps3 would be good. Or if not so much as a remake maybe something such as a continuation like a part 3, I know there was a part 2 but I never saw it anywhere :( still I hear its good though :) Was there really a Japanese movie of it?((The opening scene was beautiful!)
Eclipse_ShinRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Eclipse_ShinRa
Member since 2005 • 2549 Posts
I'd like to see a part 3 more... I wish Square would go back and make more games like they use to.. Not just FF this and that or FFVII spin etc.. But anyway if PE3 came out for the PS3 it would be a reason for to to get it as soon as I can..:P..
ChainLinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChainLinx
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts
last i played pe i was at the final boss but never was able to beat it because i was too weak or some thing? so i don't know if i'd play a remake or not for ps3. but i doubt there will be a remake for that gameArchAngel2284

It's been awhile since I played it, butt if I remember correctly, the last boss was the baby? 
djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djxaquaxblue
Yeah it was wierd...i kept dying when you had to run away from it. lol that mofo catches up pretty quick too. 
cyphate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 cyphate
Member since 2003 • 336 Posts
Yeah, this game was great! I am hoping it will at least be downloadable for the PS3.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
[QUOTE="Eclipse_ShinRa"]I'd like to see a part 3 more... I wish Square would go back and make more games like they use to.. Not just FF this and that or FFVII spin etc.. But anyway if PE3 came out for the PS3 it would be a reason for to to get it as soon as I can..:P..

Square Enix has more or less sucked since the 90s...I saw a copy of Parasite Eve used at an EB yesterday but I didn't have the money for it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
That would be cool.
PreLuDe_DuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PreLuDe_DuDe
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

I would pay for a remake. PE is an awesome work of art, Ive been snipping around ebay for em.

A remake would be grand.....

And thank you for creating this thread, because the game does bring back good memories. ahhhhh

Hardcore_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hardcore_81
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts

It was a "Squaresoft" title, not "Square Enix".                                                                                                        PE 1 & 2 were both great games, only drawback being that the 2:nd one didn't have as many different places to visit as the 1st one.

I'd be damned if they made a remake of PE1 and f-n Enix layed their filthy hands on the project in the proceedure :x , because then all we'd have is some "supposed-to-be-scary f-n dungeon-crawler".

nocturnalpablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 nocturnalpablo
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
they shoudlnt do a remake of the game, they should do a3rd part. The storyline was incredible and the battle system truly original, combining resident evil with common rpg elements. But square is concentrated on bringing more and more final fantasy 7 spin offs ( had it with that game, it was great but they are ruining it) and new fresh final fantasys. I would say we are asking for the impossible... i do not thing either a remake or a 3rd part of the game will ever be done
b2hard4u2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 b2hard4u2001
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts
I agree it would be killer if they made another, the first PE was one of the greats, and a truly dark and twisted storyline, loved it. I also seen a couple people crackin' on Square-Enix, i don't get it, they have ONLY put out some of the....no...all of the greatest RPG's anyone has ever seen. Now, they were slacking a bit the last couple of years, i'll admit, but they now have redemed therselves with FFXII.............They should do PE3......Hell yeah!
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Runningflame570
I agree it would be killer if they made another, the first PE was one of the greats, and a truly dark and twisted storyline, loved it. I also seen a couple people crackin' on Square-Enix, i don't get it, they have ONLY put out some of the....no...all of the greatest RPG's anyone has ever seen. Now, they were slacking a bit the last couple of years, i'll admit, but they now have redemed therselves with FFXII.............They should do PE3......Hell yeah!b2hard4u2001
Tell that to Grandia, Skies of Arcadia, the Ultima series, Tactics Ogres series and many others which frankly kick Square-Enix in the teeth.
Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ryumoau23
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts
I loved the first two for PS 1. Btw, have any of you guys seen Parasite Eve the movie? It was made in the mid/late 90s. I rented it from Blockbuster last week. Its actually based more on the novel than the videogame, since i think the movie came out before the game. Unfortuanitly, the movie isn't scary at all and very slow paced. However, the ending was REALLY sad. It had me crying. Now i wish they would make another movie, but this time make it involve Aya and her adventures.
b2hard4u2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 b2hard4u2001

[QUOTE="b2hard4u2001"]I agree it would be killer if they made another, the first PE was one of the greats, and a truly dark and twisted storyline, loved it. I also seen a couple people crackin' on Square-Enix, i don't get it, they have ONLY put out some of the....no...all of the greatest RPG's anyone has ever seen. Now, they were slacking a bit the last couple of years, i'll admit, but they now have redemed therselves with FFXII.............They should do PE3......Hell yeah!Runningflame570
Tell that to Grandia, Skies of Arcadia, the Ultima series, Tactics Ogres series and many others which frankly kick Square-Enix in the teeth.

I should have clarified when i said "slacking the last couple of years", i meant the last few RPG's that they have made have been extremely terrible.....i do agree in a sense, but, when they do hit the mark...its usually a game of epic proportion...ie: FFXII, STAR OCEAN-TILL THE END OF TIME, FFX-FFX2....etc

Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Runningflame570

[QUOTE="Runningflame570"][QUOTE="b2hard4u2001"]I agree it would be killer if they made another, the first PE was one of the greats, and a truly dark and twisted storyline, loved it. I also seen a couple people crackin' on Square-Enix, i don't get it, they have ONLY put out some of the....no...all of the greatest RPG's anyone has ever seen. Now, they were slacking a bit the last couple of years, i'll admit, but they now have redemed therselves with FFXII.............They should do PE3......Hell yeah!b2hard4u2001

I should have clarified when i said "slacking the last couple of years", i meant the last few RPG's that they have made have been extremely terrible.....i do agree in a sense, but, when they do hit the mark...its usually a game of epic proportion...ie: FFXII, STAR OCEAN-TILL THE END OF TIME, FFX-FFX2....etc

Star OCean isn't even made by Square Enix..nor is Valkyrie Profile, both are amazing games made by Tri-Ace.
Eclipse_ShinRa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Eclipse_ShinRa
Member since 2005 • 2549 Posts
*It was a "Squaresoft" title, not "Square Enix".* There now Square-Enix, So even if wasn't Square-Enix tittle back then Its only right to say S-E now.. Thats there name now and if they was to remake it. It would be a Square-Enix tittle.. They may of been Squaresoft when they made it, but if they have a new name.. If they new name was HellSoft.. Then I would say Hellsoft game..
b2hard4u2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 b2hard4u2001

The third installment to the series is Star Ocean-Till the End of Time, well......i new Square Enix was in there somewhere, as one of the publishers.....i stand corrected, Tri-Ace, and IMO the best RPG ever created.

·  Star Ocean: Till the End of Time  ·

This is the third story set in the Star Ocean series, taking place some four hundred years after the previous installment.

System· PlayStation 2
Developer· Tri-Ace
PublisherEnixSquare EnixUbiSoft
Release Date02.27.200308.31.2004Q4-2004Information· Preview (July 19, 2004)
· Preview
· Reviews
Media· Screenshots
· Movies
· Packaging
· Themes
· Art
News·PAL Version of Star Ocean 3 to Contain Final Fantasy XII Footage 08.22.2004  
·Official Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Website Opens 08.18.2004  
·Star Ocean 3 Gets Official North American Release Date 07.12.2004  
Click here for all news items pertaining to Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

DilutedDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DilutedDante
Member since 2004 • 1633 Posts
Since Parasite Eve never made it to these shores, I would love it to happen.
djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 djxaquaxblue
I hope they make a remake or a sequal to this game because all these MMORPG's and Final Fantasy spin offs are getting ridiculous. Plus look how good the graphics were back in the day when that game came out and even the cut scenese looked amazing. Then if they remake the game think how good when it looks better 10 times over. 
Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ryumoau23
So noone has seen the movie?
djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 djxaquaxblue
keep this topic going!
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
i would love to see a remake
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#25 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
No remake thanks very much. That game had serious problems, crappy camera angles, too short, lame upgrade system. A remake wouldn't heal the wounds of the first one.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#26 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
 Haven't played that game a very long time, I wished that could make another on :|
Avatar image for IsNotInterestes
IsNotInterestes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IsNotInterestes
Member since 2007 • 1836 Posts
I remember renting it from Blockbuster on a Friday night, just after it was released. My parents were busy doing stuff, and my siblings were out of my house. My parents called for pizza.

Parasite Eve + Pizza + Nobody annoying me = OMFGYESBBQ.

Best Friday night ever. I beat it on that weekend and loved it.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
Ya, both those games were great... for completely differnet reasons (which is a good thing), the second probably had the best graphics of any ps1 title, and both of them had great storylines, battle systems, bosses, etc. I actually just went through and beat maya in 1, and beat nightmare in 2... man nightmare was hard... so hard... I for one would be very happy with a sequel.. it's just to bad that ever since square became SE all they make is DQ and FF and FF spinoffs, i mean.. i love ff's (especially 7 and 8)... but ... xenogears, parasite eve + 2, Einhander (still an amzing side-scroller), final fantasy tatics (a spin off, but pretty easily arguably the best one), and others prove that squaresoft has alot of talent outside of making ff game after ff game, and i loved 12... they're finally getting back to that "awe" i felt with 7 and 8, not quite the same.. but it was a step in the right direnction Man... i miss the ps1 era... and i realized a few weeks ago, i kinda hate enix for messing up my favorite dev company...
Toney29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Toney29
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts
Wouldt it be cool if they were to remake the Parasite Eve game on the PS3? Man i started playing the old one again on PSone and damn it braught back so many memories. With such a good story line and the way it presents itself I see a reason for a remake on the PS3 and maybe even in to be able to make it on the big screen. Though they made a Japanese movie that didn't get out to everyone but if they made a movie that was exactly like the first game then that would be freakin awsome!!!! Anyways yeah anyone want to see a remake of this game from Square Enix?djxaquaxblue

I too have fond memories of Parasite Eve...but I'm afraid that I like PE:2 better. I was really hoping that a part 3 would eventually come out on PS2! I got PE:2 in 99' and loved that game and one would have thought that SquareEnix would have release part 3 by now!!! I was actually playing it a few months ago and finished it.

A remake of PE or even PE:2 on PS3 would be ASSome...and finaly...maybe SquareEnix can complete the trilogy by making PE:3!
Toney29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Toney29
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts

The third installment to the series is Star Ocean-Till the End of Time, well......i new Square Enix was in there somewhere, as one of the publishers.....i stand corrected, Tri-Ace, and IMO the best RPG ever created.

· Star Ocean: Till the End of Time ·

This is the third story set in the Star Ocean series, taking place some four hundred years after the previous installment.

System· PlayStation 2
Developer· Tri-Ace
PublisherEnixSquare EnixUbiSoft
Release Date02.27.200308.31.2004Q4-2004Information· Preview (July 19, 2004)
· Preview
· Reviews
Media· Screenshots
· Movies
· Packaging
· Themes
· Art
News·PAL Version of Star Ocean 3 to Contain Final Fantasy XII Footage 08.22.2004
·Official Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Website Opens 08.18.2004
·Star Ocean 3 Gets Official North American Release Date 07.12.2004
Click here for all news items pertaining to Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

b2hard4u2001

How did Star Ocean Till the end of time got into this thread? What are you going on about man?
Dude...I think you're on the wrong thread. This is about Parasite Eve...1 & 2...remakes.

Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ryumoau23

Wish they did come make a true sequel to Parasite Eve. But i want it on PS2 and not PS3.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#32 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I played the first two. I beat the first and got to the final boss on the second. I thought it was funner than Resident Evil because of the experience system and the weapon upgrading.I wouldnt really be interested in a remake of either one. I dont really like games where stuff mutates into all these retarded forms. If they did do a remake or revive the series I hope they would totally expand and build on the upgrade system and have lots of unockables like other characters. I think they number 1 thing they would have to do to make it rock is flesh out all the stages and make them true 3d. I really hate those static 2d backgrounds from the old games.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Wouldt it be cool if they were to remake the Parasite Eve game on the PS3? Man i started playing the old one again on PSone and damn it braught back so many memories. With such a good story line and the way it presents itself I see a reason for a remake on the PS3 and maybe even in to be able to make it on the big screen. Though they made a Japanese movie that didn't get out to everyone but if they made a movie that was exactly like the first game then that would be freakin awsome!!!! Anyways yeah anyone want to see a remake of this game from Square Enix?djxaquaxblue

The movie was made before the game, and that movie is based off of a book.
and yeah PE1 does have one of the best storys and presentation from all the RPG's ive played
Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ryumoau23
[QUOTE="djxaquaxblue"]Wouldt it be cool if they were to remake the Parasite Eve game on the PS3? Man i started playing the old one again on PSone and damn it braught back so many memories. With such a good story line and the way it presents itself I see a reason for a remake on the PS3 and maybe even in to be able to make it on the big screen. Though they made a Japanese movie that didn't get out to everyone but if they made a movie that was exactly like the first game then that would be freakin awsome!!!! Anyways yeah anyone want to see a remake of this game from Square Enix?hot114

I thought the movie was pretty good. As long as you don't expect it to be like the videogame, it can be a very touching movie. Ending made me cry.
and yeah PE1 does have one of the best storys and presentation from all the RPG's ive played

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

hot114

I think the movie and PE1 were released at about the same time in Japan.... but not sure. Movie is prettyawful, never the less.

The only thing I didn't like about PE1 were the endings..... they both pretty much sucked.... And neither ending makes sense to the continuation of PE2. The only way I see it can fit together is if the final part of the normal ending was a dream sequence.....

edit: what is the deal with this forum and spaces.... gamespot, get a better forum already!!!!!

superairlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 superairlike
Member since 2006 • 169 Posts

It's totally impossible. But if it did come out. I will be the first one got it. I solove this game~!

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
it would make finding this game a LOT easier... I want parasite eve back :cry:
superairlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 superairlike
Member since 2006 • 169 Posts

The game is kind of short.

Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ryumoau23

The game is kind of short.

superairlike

yeah, it was pretty short. But it was really sweet.

Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ryumoau23

[QUOTE="hot114"]The movie was made before the game, and that movie is based off of a book.
Threesixtyci

I think the movie and PE1 were released at about the same time in Japan.... but not sure. Movie is prettyawful, never the less.

The only thing I didn't like about PE1 were the endings..... they both pretty much sucked.... And neither ending makes sense to the continuation of PE2. The only way I see it can fit together is if the final part of the normal ending was a dream sequence.....

edit: what is the deal with this forum and spaces.... gamespot, get a better forum already!!!!!

The ending to the movie, made me cry. It was so sad.

OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Oh hell yes!!
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

[QUOTE="Ryumoau23]The ending to the movie, made me cry. It was so sad.

heh... all Japanese movies are like that.... It like, they have no definition for 'happy ending'.

Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ryumoau23

[QUOTE="Ryumoau23]The ending to the movie, made me cry. It was so sad.Threesixtyci

heh... all Japanese movies are like that.... It like, they have no definition for 'happy ending'.

yeah i guess.

gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

Ever since i played RE make and twin snakes i always wished that parasite eve would get the same treatment.

Ryumoau23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ryumoau23

Ever since i played RE make and twin snakes i always wished that parasite eve would get the same treatment.

gamegod

Yeah a Parasite Eve Remake would be great. Hope its alot longer though.