SupaPhly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SupaPhly
Member since 2003 • 182 Posts
A friend brought me tekken 4 (this was ages ago) from china, it says NTSC-J but my ps2 is a PAL system, but the game works on it. Does that mean I can import games from the usa (games that dont come to europe) and play it on my ps2? its not modded or anything
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
sweet maybe you can i donno have not heard anything like this b4
mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts

A friend brought me tekken 4 (this was ages ago) from china, it says NTSC-J but my ps2 is a PAL system, but the game works on it. Does that mean I can import games from the usa (games that dont come to europe) and play it on my ps2? its not modded or anythingSupaPhly

The NTSC-J is besides the point because the game is likely to be pirated, unless you are certain it is not. There is simply no way it can play it if your PS2 is not modded, if you bought it used from some shop then it is likely already modded by the time you bought it. On the other hand I have a game that I bought here in the UK that clearly has NTSC on it but it is a typo nothing more.

SupaPhly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SupaPhly
Member since 2003 • 182 Posts

[QUOTE="SupaPhly"]A friend brought me tekken 4 (this was ages ago) from china, it says NTSC-J but my ps2 is a PAL system, but the game works on it. Does that mean I can import games from the usa (games that dont come to europe) and play it on my ps2? its not modded or anythingmohmaaytah

The NTSC-J is besides the point because the game is likely to be pirated, unless you are certain it is not. There is simply no way it can play it if your PS2 is not modded, if you bought it used from some shop then it is likely already modded by the time you bought it. On the other hand I have a game that I bought here in the UK that clearly has NTSC on it but it is a typo nothing more.

I got my ps2 from a normal store (back in 2000), then two years later it broke, I took it to an official sony repair place, they couldnt fix the problem so they gave me a new ps2. And the game, my friend bought it for me from china, the box looks genuine and even has the playstation watermarks on the disk and that shiny sticker on the box. and im certain the box says NTSC-J.

I even tried to use a pirated game disk (borrowed from a friend) and it doesnt work

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#5 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
That's very strange.