Necberon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Necberon
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
Whats the most overrated game in ps2 of your own version? For me, its god of war 1 & 2. They sure have great graphic, but the combat system is just fun for some first minutes,its not really deep. And i cant find something very special. Still shocked its rated higher than dmc
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#2 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I would say GoW also HOWEVER......God Hand is absolutely horrable and people love it. If that doesnt count as overrated I dont know what does. Atleast God of war was playable but like you said its just a empty shallow game with pretty graphics.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
imo it's the GoW series to...and to the above poster, is the only reason you think God Hand sucks is because it's to hard?
basilbasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 basilbasil
Member since 2006 • 1782 Posts
Star Wars: Battlefront.
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#5 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
I agree with you all also, God of War. Its fun and all, but very overrated... but it does show some great graphics that the ps2 didn't always have in most games.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#6 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I think god hand has horrable graphics and horrable controls. I cant really comment on the difficulty. Sure it is tough but thats also how you get money to upgrade your guy and stuff so dieing was alright but when you cant even control your guyit doesnt matter if the bad guys are easy or hard. Its just a nightmareeither way.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 its this game i dont understand how can a skating game get a perfect 10 man the grapich is cheap and there is nothing to do in the game rather than just jump around performing tricks
Necberon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Necberon
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 its this game i dont understand how can a skating game get a perfect 10 man the grapich is cheap and there is nothing to do in the game rather than just jump around performing trickswillxcool
Im agree with you too.. I know some games that deserve 10 score, but i know ITS NOT THIS GAME
Necberon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Necberon
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 its this game i dont understand how can a skating game get a perfect 10 man the grapich is cheap and there is nothing to do in the game rather than just jump around performing trickswillxcool
Im agree with you too.. I know some games that deserve 10 score, but i know ITS NOT THIS GAME
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
God or War series. Yes it's good but not great. It's just a typical hack & slash game. There are a lot out there similar to the gameplay of GoW like Onimusha (kill enemies, get their souls, upgrade weapons). Graphics...not my type. I prefer a little bit polygonal like Bully, MGS 3, and RE 4. Sounds and story are the only things that are great in GoW.
I_PS2_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_PS2_U
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
tony hawks project 8... its not as fun as american wasteland and underground. THPS3 was the best i think
List3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 List3n
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
God Of War is not good at all after the first 20 minutes, DQVIII is rated among FFX which imo it cant compete with, and thats my 2 cents
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts

God Of War is not good at all after the first 20 minutes, DQVIII is rated among FFX which imo it cant compete with, and thats my 2 centsList3n

goin to have to disagree with u both ways seein as to GOW is AMAZING for the whole X number of hours and DQ8 is also Immersive and can easily compare with FF

iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts

God Of War is not good at all after the first 20 minutes, DQVIII is rated among FFX which imo it cant compete with, and thats my 2 centsList3n

goin to have to disagree with u both ways seein as to GOW is AMAZING for the whole X number of hours and DQ8 is also Immersive and can easily compare with FF

Avatar image for RainandSunshine
RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RainandSunshine
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts
Grand Theft Auto San Andres. Simply put its GTA3 except with minor RPG elements where you can level up your phyiscal appearance. /yawn. Another open world shooter? After 20 minutes its boring.
thug_angel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 thug_angel123
Member since 2006 • 607 Posts
dmc3Ijustplayedthatgameonceandthankgoditwasshortcouldn'tgothrougha2ndrunatallgowiseonsbetterthenthi...
thug_angel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thug_angel123
Member since 2006 • 607 Posts
dmc 3 I just played that game once and thank god it was short couldn't go through a 2nd run at all gow is eons better then this..
Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts
I would say the .Hack series. The game has a interesting story but the gameplay is so darm repetitive that after about 30 min the game becomes just downright hard to play.
vegeta9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vegeta9988
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
Final Fantasy XII in my opinion. To me it took a step back in combat and story than a step forward.
The_Great_Samu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Great_Samu
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts
95% of xbox (1 & 1.5) games are overrated. Also Super Mario Sunshine, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Dragon Quests, FFIX, FFX, Splinter Cells, TESIV:Oblivion (on xbox), even on PS3 and PC but not as much... There are hundreds and hundreds of overrated games, deal with it.
hhcash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hhcash
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
God of War and Metal Gear Solid are overrated.
diamond2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 diamond2d
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts

[QUOTE="willxcool"]Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 its this game i dont understand how can a skating game get a perfect 10 man the grapich is cheap and there is nothing to do in the game rather than just jump around performing tricksNecberon

But i was 1 of PS2's first launch title and the first to offer Online play

I dont think GoW is over reated 1 bit. Whats wrong with the story? its not shallow. Its the only game (this year) that 1nce i completed i thought "defently cant wait til the next 1"

Over rated game: MGS, well the first was ok but the others........nah

kazuya246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 kazuya246
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
I have to say god of war 1. GOW 2 is a real badass game
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#24 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

95% of xbox (1 & 1.5) games are overrated. Also Super Mario Sunshine, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Dragon Quests, FFIX, FFX, Splinter Cells, TESIV:Oblivion (on xbox), even on PS3 and PC but not as much... There are hundreds and hundreds of overrated games, deal with it. The_Great_Samu

I think they meant overrated ps2 games, not the other ones

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
love god of war, love the ps2! if i had to pick ANY game, it wouldnt be on the ps2, i would go for Halo.
diamond2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 diamond2d
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts

love god of war, love the ps2! if i had to pick ANY game, it wouldnt be on the ps2, i would go for Halo.Arjdagr8
yeah, i agree.

HumanIce2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HumanIce2
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

halo2 is waaayy too over rated by players and fans.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#28 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Resident Evil 4. Not only is it the most over rated PS2 game, it's also the most over rated Gamecube and Wii game and most over rated game in history.

It's a typical action game. It did absolutly nothing new or different. And what it did has been done better else where. I don't understand whats so great about it. The only thing the game manage to do was save Resident Evil.

HumanIce2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HumanIce2
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
Resident Evil 4. Not only is it the most over rated PS2 game, it's also the most over rated Gamecube and Wii game and most over rated game in history.

It's a typical action game. It did absolutly nothing new or different. And what it did has been done better else where. I don't understand whats so great about it. The only thing the game manage to do was save Resident Evil.vashkey

I think it killed Resident Evil. now, RE5 is gonna look just like RE4, with his camera angel, killing many zombies at the same time.. stuff like RE4.. but I like the classic games a lot more, RE1, RE2 and RE3.. they were awesome..

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#30 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
[QUOTE="vashkey"]Resident Evil 4. Not only is it the most over rated PS2 game, it's also the most over rated Gamecube and Wii game and most over rated game in history.

It's a typical action game. It did absolutly nothing new or different. And what it did has been done better else where. I don't understand whats so great about it. The only thing the game manage to do was save Resident Evil.HumanIce2

I think it killed Resident Evil. now, RE5 is gonna look just like RE4, with his camera angel, killing many zombies at the same time.. stuff like RE4.. but I like the classic games a lot more, RE1, RE2 and RE3.. they were awesome..

I never tried the old ones out. I might though. I just never really had any interest in the series till 4 came out and everyone was going about how great it was. I barrowed 4 from my fiends and almost beat it and I just quit cuz it was really lame. It was just a typical action game. I did buy the Wii version, but it wasn't any better so I traded it in.

emmm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 emmm78
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
Japanese folklore, endless boring interlude discussions, drawing stuff... maybe I`m not an artist, but I wouldn`t give Okami a 9.0
usedtype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 usedtype
Member since 2005 • 357 Posts

Kingdom Hearts is probably the most over-rated PS2 game I know. Sure, it was fun and kept me playing to the end, but it was far from a great game. I'm left scratching my head every time I read someone say it's the best or among the best on the system. It's an average action/adventure platformer that uses its licence in a good way. Take out the Disney, and it's a 5/10 at most. Even with the Disney, it's a 7/10.

As for other systems, I found the following pretty over-rated: Final Fantasy 7-9, Halo 1-2, Neverwinter Nights, No One Lives Forever (though NOLF 2 was AWESOME!), The Sims (the first,I can't stop playing Sims 2), GoldenEye.

Also, I completely enjoyed Godhand.

surfur488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 surfur488
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

i personally wouldnt say that kh2 was overrated. it was BECAUSE of disney that it was a great game. you say take out disney and its nothing. then, lets say, take greek mythology out of gow. does it still make sense? no, not at all. so you cant just say take X out of game Y and assume its the same. it doesnt work that way.

and i do not believe that crono trigger or chrono cross is overrated at all. i like crono trigger for its deep, immense storyline and i feel that its really compelling. the story was put together well, and the fighting, exploration, everything worked so well that i didnt think at any point that it was a bad game to be playing at all. and because of its 16 endings, i believe, there is actually replay value. not much....but something. and chrono cross's expansive cast and innovative battle system (to me at least) was very enjoyable. a little tough to understand, but i felt it worked well.

overrated? halo. its a shooter. pretty interesting. different setting. ok, wats new?

CrAzY213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CrAzY213
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
No way goldeneye was awsome. Gow is way to over-rated.
dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
In my opinion FFX is overrated. It's lame story and characters (forced laughing Yuna and Tidus) really doesn't deserve 9.3 on GS. :?
redCloudJ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 redCloudJ7
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts

I think god hand has horrable graphics and horrable controls. I cant really comment on the difficulty. Sure it is tough but thats also how you get money to upgrade your guy and stuff so dieing was alright but when you cant even control your guyit doesnt matter if the bad guys are easy or hard. Its just a nightmareeither way. _AbBaNdOn

Oh, please. Let me guess you can't even get past the first level. Just becasue your a casual with no gaming skills doesn't mean that you have to insult the game that is too difficult for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyfbtSyX3mc

The controls obviously, are not a problem. However graphics, yeah not the greatest. The backgrounds are bland and lack textures. The enviornments feel empty and desolate. There are definitely clipping issues that needed to be fixed.

But the gameplay, top-notch.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
FFVII, too many people hopping on the bandwagon. I'm a true fan, been one since the original release date. All of these other people are boosting up to much.
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

Final Fantasy XII in my opinion. To me it took a step back in combat and story than a step forward.vegeta9988

i dont think so. the gambit system is a real improvement in combat. like when one of your characters die in combat, someone will automatically use a phoenix down on him. it will save the trouble of manually selecting the item from the menu then selecting the target. and also the licensing system is a great addition too because your characters can equip any weapon that he has a license with. it is indeed a step forward because on FF X, characters can only equip their default weapon type (e.g. wakka can only equip a ball)

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#39 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

THPS3. How did it deserve a 10?

FFXII. I just didn't like it

GTA SA. It didn't live up to III and VC

coldufo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 coldufo
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
I can't believe all the people saying GoW as overrated! GoW 1&2 are the best games I've ever played! Either these people have never played it or they just have no taste in games.
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

I can't believe all the people saying GoW as overrated! GoW 1&2 are the best games I've ever played! Either these people have never played it or they just have no taste in games.coldufo

indeed.

woody411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 woody411
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
metal gear solid,all of them.
dontbhatin06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dontbhatin06
Member since 2006 • 247 Posts
the god of war series is overrated. its repititious
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
For me it would have to be GTA(All of them), Dragon Quest(All of them), God of War 1, Both Halo's, All Pokemons after Silver version,FF10, Ninja Gaiden Black and thats all I can think of at the moment.
bigmacsomethin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bigmacsomethin
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

No i think GOW 1+2 are great. MGS is even better. DQVIII is overrated and so is FF12, btw i havnt finished either of them and i really wanted to like them but yea just not good enough.

Splintercellisfairlypansy

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is extremely over-rated.
redCloudJ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 redCloudJ7
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts

For me it would have to be GTA(All of them), Dragon Quest(All of them), God of War 1, Both Halo's, All Pokemons after Silver version,FF10, Ninja Gaiden Black and thats all I can think of at the moment.jasonharris48

Ninja Gaiden Black overrated....you have got to be ******* kidding me....

adjamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 adjamo
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts

mgs 3 is fantastic but really short!

Edge magazine said killzone was "a new halo" whilst previewing it! its good but lets not get silly!

solid_snake666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 solid_snake666
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts
GTA
strider1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points