Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

I go for DMC. Is a much harder game than GOW.

Dante looks much cooler and have better moves than Krotos.

:P

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Make it a poll.
I prefer DMC 3 since its faster, I like more the attitude of Dante, the music score is better in my opinion in DMC, and the combos once you learn them can be pretty fantastic. Besides the final battle and credits are awesome.
GoW is not a bad game, but I didnt like the motion of the game, once you played FF, GoW felt like a slo-mo game. The story was good, but as I like greek and roman myth a lot I was dissapointed at the art direction and the background story direction. Some names too, since for some characters they took they less used version of the names.
slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts
Devil may cry has a deeper combat system, being able to switch between weapons and use guns to juggle into higher combos is better than God of Wars system. Which is brutal and easy to pull off but its not as fun as using two different weapons and having a reason to boost your combo meter. Plus if you play GOW enough you could pretty much close your eyes and keep hitting square square triangle and destroy everything.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts
I played and beat the original DMC a year ago, dunno how much better/different DMC3 is, but I prefer GOW.  DMC just seems a little cheesy (his attitude), although it is a bit more difficult. GOW is a scaling difficulty while DMC / 3 is hard off the bat. although I will end up playing DMC3 anyways because they are BOTH good games, i can't wait till GOW2 comes out.
marli_tako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marli_tako
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
DMC rules
Double_Wide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#7 Double_Wide
Member since 2006 • 1985 Posts
God of  War was more fun to play, but Devil May Cry 3 was more of a challenge and had way more bosses. I love boss fights in games.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
DMC3 by a long shot. GoW is fun to play for about an hour, then it starts to get repetitive and old. theres also not much to the combat either. DMC3 on the other hand has the deepest, and best combat system i've ever seen in a game, theres also a ton of awsome weapons to use, and an endless amount of combos.

so imo DMC3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GoW
Infinitends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Infinitends
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
GOW takes DMC3 by a longshot, and in god mode it's even better, DMC3 is for babies, dante is the ultimate shmok and shoot be shot like a dog, the levels are boring and the music is trash. how the hell can you compare the two anyway? deeper combat system? what did you smoked?
hybridusaker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hybridusaker1
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
DMC!!
RELover00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 RELover00
Member since 2006 • 2777 Posts
DMC!!!!
g4m3fr34k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 g4m3fr34k
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

DMC3 for sure.

DMC story is way bether than GoW's story. DMC3's combat Sytem is way bether than GoW, it's much faster, has cooler combos and is somehow more complete. Dante is much more charismatic then Kratos, Dantes bad ass attidude ROCKS!!! They bouth have great sound, yet DMC3's is bether. DMC3 has more charecters than GoW( i think). And finally Dante has more weapons and skills than Kratos...oh plus DMC3 is much harder than GoW, GoW is waaaaaaaay easy... yet DMC3 isn't hard...

g4m3fr34k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 g4m3fr34k
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
GOW takes DMC3 by a longshot, and in god mode it's even better, DMC3 is for babies, dante is the ultimate shmok and shoot be shot like a dog, the levels are boring and the music is trash. how the hell can you compare the two anyway? deeper combat system? what did you smoked?Infinitends
plz GoW is way easier than DMC3 in ANY mode...Play Heaven or hell mode an well talk...and yes it has a deeper combat system...wether u like OR NOT! DMC pownz GoW dude..admit it...
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
god of war is a better game than dmc3
Steingrimur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Steingrimur
Member since 2005 • 3561 Posts

Dunno, I liked them both equally, but I must admit that DMC3 had more replay value, but it has made me so god damn angry :P
If I got a cent for everytime I died on DMD, I would have enough money to buy Microsoft and the USA!!!
Okay that's not real but close!

Well I'd say equal!

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
GOW takes DMC3 by a longshot, and in god mode it's even better, DMC3 is for babies, dante is the ultimate shmok and shoot be shot like a dog, the levels are boring and the music is trash. how the hell can you compare the two anyway? deeper combat system? what did you smoked?Infinitends

Ummm if only anyone in this thread bothered to understand what you said.............

I'd have to go with God of War...but only by a tiny bit...
The reason why is because Devil May Cry seemed to narrowed in. The environments werent veryy big or interactive.
Avatar image for selfaware_robot
selfaware_robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 selfaware_robot
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
I give 1,000 votes to Devil May Cry
midway_nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 midway_nights
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
God of war was way better than DMC 3. (in DMC i only liked the beautiful & sexy "Lady" and dante himself, and story was good too but not up to standards of GOW) GOW was fun , story wise this games rock solid defeating a god wow what a story. combat look excellent on a 29" T.V and it have best musical score i've ever heard apart from shadow of rome.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I enjoy playing God of War more
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

proper grammar FTW!:P

but really but DMC3

Bigred_Machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Bigred_Machine
Member since 2005 • 932 Posts

I've got both of them and take my word for it when I say that they are both awesome, but personally God of War takes it.  Not by a large margin but not too small a margin either.  That game is awesome, but DMC is great too.

kuishadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuishadow
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts
I'm going with DMC3. The combat system alone is so great.
rhythm2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rhythm2099
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts
I wanna say DMC cause of its much deeper combat system, fast action and difficult bosses. But I was never able to beat any of the DMC games. I really tried but I just sucked. They were too hard for me. So my vote goes to God of War.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
DMC 3 all the way. Sure GOW maybe a little more violent, but to me Kratos didn't have the same attitude as Dante.
demon_turkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 demon_turkey
Member since 2004 • 10220 Posts
i love both, but i prefer dmc. im not sure y, i just do
SlayerZer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SlayerZer0
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
I'd like DMC3 better since it's a more challenging game. God of War is challenging when you play on hard or god mode.
Infinitends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Infinitends

[QUOTE="Infinitends"]GOW takes DMC3 by a longshot, and in god mode it's even better, DMC3 is for babies, dante is the ultimate shmok and shoot be shot like a dog, the levels are boring and the music is trash. how the hell can you compare the two anyway? deeper combat system? what did you smoked?DarkMagic27

proper grammar FTW!:P

but really but DMC3

One who care about grammer don't have anything usefull to say.
and so many fanboyz here who adore crappy dante and his crappy style and thinks he's "cool" are way off the cool factor themselves. I liked it's graphics tho. it was neat. and the combat was ok, but... in the story/music/fun/Kratos - GOW wins.

Dreamerdude26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Dreamerdude26
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
Personally I can't pick between the two. I Love GoW and DMC to death, I consider them both to be different kinds of action games. GoW is more like action adventure when DMC is more just pure action. I love the music of GoW more becuase it fits the world so well and gives you the feeling that you are on some grand adventure.
Infinitends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Infinitends
Yep, GOW got the most amazing score to date imo. well, aside from the everlasting Grimfandango soundtrack.
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kenshinhimura16
I prefer DMC 3 since its faster, I like more the attitude of Dante, the music score is better in my opinion in DMC(since it fitted the kind of game, and Dantes personality perfectly), and the combos once you learn them can be pretty fantastic. Besides the final battle and credits are awesome.It has more bosses, and special powerrs.

GoW is not a bad game, but I didnt like the motion of the game, once you played DMC, GoW felt like a slo-mo game. The story was good, but as I like greek and roman myth a lot I was dissapointed at the art direction and the background story direction(for each monster). The score was not that good as everybody wants ppl to believe..Some names too, since for some characters they took the less used version of the names.
VanSulis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VanSulis
Member since 2006 • 289 Posts
Devil May Cry 3.

God of War is overhyped in my opinion.... granted the music score is amazing, but Dante has a little more to offer in moves, weapons and combat. Then again to compare a demon vs half-god solider...? Tough call... but Id go with Dante.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts
I think it used to be GoW really. When I played it that was... But now... Now I think the story was not anywere near as good as it could have been.

DMC3... Wow. that game totally f**king grew on me. dantes attitude throughout the hole game was refreshing.. it was fun seeing an immortal act all high, cocky and dandy as the world fell apart. it was different. I was not annoyed by his attitude. I truly felt like that I was along for the ride.

but in the end... the problem with GoW was stuff like = the puzzles where not that great. they slowed down the gameplay too much. the game had many places that felt uneeded. the game felt much better as a game of combat, as opposed to a game of exploration and puzzle. it tries to be a uber violent zelda but it does not work.

And Kratos is annoying. I dont think they used the ancient greek / spartan culture correctly.

here is what they should have done if they where to make a game set in ancient greece: http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

watch this trailer. it will own your soul. its like sin city, but mixed with the insanity of the worst horror of all time.

it tells the true story, about 300 sparta warriors, who tried to hold over 2,000,000(yes over 2 million) invading persians, some 450 years B.C. They decided to hold a little narrow valley, so the enemy could not storm them. some of the greeks betrayed them though a few days later. but these 300 exceptional warriors managed to kill some 40-50,000 soldiers.

their suicide mission and courage, inspired the rest of greece to fight the invaders. when they had won, greece created the first democracy. so in a way, what these 300 spartans did is the reason why the west can have such a fair way of living as we have today. its not a story they tell too often in school now a days, but its absolutely true and its awesome.

wiki has more info:) now THAT would make a great game. holy crap!
omegamustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 omegamustard
Member since 2004 • 6055 Posts
God of War is pretty good, but so is DMC3, so it is hard to pick, they both have their own things that make them good.
Infinitends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Infinitends
I think it used to be GoW really. When I played it that was... But now... Now I think the story was not anywere near as good as it could have been.

DMC3... Wow. that game totally f**king grew on me. dantes attitude throughout the hole game was refreshing.. it was fun seeing an immortal act all high, cocky and dandy as the world fell apart. it was different. I was not annoyed by his attitude. I truly felt like that I was along for the ride.

but in the end... the problem with GoW was stuff like = the puzzles where not that great. they slowed down the gameplay too much. the game had many places that felt uneeded. the game felt much better as a game of combat, as opposed to a game of exploration and puzzle. it tries to be a uber violent zelda but it does not work.

And Kratos is annoying. I dont think they used the ancient greek / spartan culture correctly.

here is what they should have done if they where to make a game set in ancient greece: http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

watch this trailer. it will own your soul. its like sin city, but mixed with the insanity of the worst horror of all time.

it tells the true story, about 300 sparta warriors, who tried to hold over 2,000,000(yes over 2 million) invading persians, some 450 years B.C. They decided to hold a little narrow valley, so the enemy could not storm them. some of the greeks betrayed them though a few days later. but these 300 exceptional warriors managed to kill some 40-50,000 soldiers.

their suicide mission and courage, inspired the rest of greece to fight the invaders. when they had won, greece created the first democracy. so in a way, what these 300 spartans did is the reason why the west can have such a fair way of living as we have today. its not a story they tell too often in school now a days, but its absolutely true and its awesome.

wiki has more info:) now THAT would make a great game. holy crap!
LuffyTubby
Hands Down, the trailer is bit-ching! new frank miller ftw!
kosmo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kosmo21
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts
GOW is miles better. Better character, better story, better music etc. Dante is annoying, hes a try-hard.
TrueZetsuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TrueZetsuei
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts

Devil May Cry 3 is better because there is a greater selection of weapons, more bosses and the difficulty is far more...difficult... than in GOW.... well thats all i think..

McKhein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 McKhein
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
split decision for DMC
xxplosive213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xxplosive213
Member since 2006 • 156 Posts
I enjoyed both games on the same level.
But
God of War 2 will own Devil may cry 3, and 4, Im sure of it :D

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kenshinhimura16
I enjoyed both games on the same level.
But
God of War 2 will own Devil may cry 3, and 4, Im sure of it :D

xxplosive213

Sorry mate, but GoW 2 will have the same gameplay than GoW, the only difference will be that now you will have an arrow. Graphics cant be improved, at least that was what the devs said in the extra material in the game. GoW 2 should be released in 2 different version, one for the PS 2 and one for the PS3, so we could see the new graphics and some new gameplay.
gulip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gulip
Member since 2005 • 140 Posts
DMC 3 is far better then GoW (even if GoW is great game 4 me)

gulip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gulip

chrisenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chrisenix
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts
never played dmc... ill go for God of War :P
chrisenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chrisenix
never played dmc... ill go for God of War :P
gulip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gulip

chrisenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chrisenix
never played dmc.. ill go for God of War :P
dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#48 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts
I say DMC3
yavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 yavo
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

DMC3 and GOW are better in different areas.

personally i like DMC3 better

Check out da DMC4 trailer!!:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xEvP4fyAmdM