Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Axel_rocks14
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
I know it's a bit late to ask this but I have been deciding for a while. I finally sucked it in and asked for it for christmas. Is it worth it?
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Why the hell don't you own it yet? The game is absolutely amazing in every way
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

It wasn't worth it for the $50 that it cost when it first came out...

It is worth it for the $20 that it costs now though.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I didn't like it as much as some other FF's... and the ending is crap, and the storyline isn't all that great... but than again, it is a great game to play in game dry spells to fill up your extra time.

The auto combat gambit system is worth trying out, its a nice change from straight turn style where you have to manually click each move.

I must say again, the last guy in the game is lame as hell, and I barely beat him at high level 40s, If I had lost, I wouldn't have bothered to try again, it was way too long... reminded me of the final battle in ff7, way too long and boring.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
yes, any FF is worth playing!!
ms_hijikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ms_hijikata
Member since 2006 • 4012 Posts
Considering I've wasted over 200 hours of my life on it......yes.
cliffbear38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cliffbear38
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I've waisted over 100 hours on FF12 so far. It is very worth buying! :)
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
am so sick of hearing that hte story isn't good or the dialog suck sor the characters are not well developed. IOt just isn';t true. Usually, it is the result of FF fans being used to the games hand feeding yo ueverything so they didn't seek the freaking answeres themselves. The fact is that FFXII has what is probably the second most complex story in teh serie, as well as the darkest. The characters are some of hte most realistic that the series has to offer. It has the best dialog in the entire series. It is well drecited from a technical standpoint. The voiceworkj was amazing. Some of the best you willever hear in a video game. The world was the most detailed weorld yet. Just by readiong the beastiary, you learned more about Ivalice than any other FF world. It is more fleshed out. The cities are much larger and full of life. The game isn't completely linear and it has alot more exploration than any previous FF. It has the highest level fo challenge of any FF game since the 16 bit era (like that's hard). FF gave you everything you seek in an FF and added icing on the cake with things like amazingly well written dialog, great direction, brilliant voicework and a filly alive and realized world
tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
It really depends on your preferences, if you were the type to say 7,8,10 to much love story I'd consider it but if your looking for someone to fill your big sword character slot probly not...either way you'll end up using over 40hours
thecolector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 thecolector
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts

Every final fantasy is worth it. Besides 12 is a excellent game

Ghardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghardon
Member since 2003 • 310 Posts

I sunk about 40 hours into that game before realizing that I didn't want to finish it. It's far and away my least favorite Final Fantasy, mostly because of the gambit/leveling systems.

But I don't think it was a bad game by any stretch (I did put a lot of hours into it, after all) and for how cheap it is right now, I'd say it's worth at least trying.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
it sure is
fzc1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fzc1995
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

yes, any FF is worth playing!!summer_star17x

like...FF7 DC?

DOGglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DOGglee
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
FF12 is definitely worth it..
mov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 mov
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts

I sunk about 40 hours into that game before realizing that I didn't want to finish it. It's far and away my least favorite Final Fantasy, mostly because of the gambit/leveling systems.

But I don't think it was a bad game by any stretch (I did put a lot of hours into it, after all) and for how cheap it is right now, I'd say it's worth at least trying.

Ghardon

this is exactly how i felt, and i loved all the FFs thru 9. 35 and i just didn't want to invest anymore hours. it was fun, but the gambits and the feeling that i was playing a faux-mmo didn't feel fun forever.

tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 tootergray34
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
No, get rogue galaxy instead
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

Why the hell don't you own it yet? The game is absolutely amazing in every wayfs_metal

Agreed

everson_rm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 everson_rm
Member since 2004 • 1664 Posts
Been playng FF since IV... and is one of the best (well, for me at least...) the only one that gave me the same amount of fun was FFVII... but still this one is better then 12...
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
FFXII is good for the visuals. The story is really boring. I'm a FF fan but this game didn't catch my attention. The story was so horrid that I never finished the game, and I don't think that I will. It's just not deep enough. But hey this is my opinion.
Szalaszazka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Szalaszazka
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
Now is in good price so u can check this part now but don't expect something on size FFX. I was disapointed on FF XII. Graphics is really stunning on PS2. But thats all , rather weak battle system , damn gambits and ... boring ... I've made almost 40 h and I left FF XII a few months ago and I don't have a wish to come back. But ever1 has a different point of view so will be the best If u check FF XII by yourself :)
killey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killey
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Final Fantasy XII wins the medal for worst Final Fantasy to date. It's like Square looked at everything that made Final Fantasy Tactics' political storyline awesome and then decided to do the opposite.

And as much as I'm happy to respect other people's opinions, fs_metal is in some serious denial.

Final_MasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Final_MasterX
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
In some ways it is a good game but the cons imo outweigh the pros in this one. I got spoiled in FFX with almost all the characters that you just talk to have voices. This one reverts back and is a big disappointment. The characters are cool, though, and as stated, some of the most beautiful graphics that's ever been on a PS2. The storyline is good, but not that engaging(at least to me). I would say rent it at the very least, or get the CE.