Xp splash screen loads fine then no signal, restarting comp works though?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nedus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nedus1
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

Hey guys

So recently i purchased a TRUE radiator for my cpu and two fans to cool my computer down, however ever since, a standard power on will load everything fine, beeps included and get to the windows xp splashscreen which loads, then when windows is supposed to show up i get a no signal message on my monitor.

However if i restart from this point or restart my computer in general windows will load normally with no issues, hibernation works ok too however sleep does not.

When i first turned on my computer after installation, the DMI was reconfigured by the computer, possibly due to removal of the motherboard etc? Therefore i believed it may of been a bios issue so attempted to look for an issue, i couldn't find any differences so downloaded the new bios and attempted to replicate my past settings. Still no change

I have switched my video ports over which has also not worked and have the latest drivers from the ATI website for my GPU.

I'm really stumped, as my computer runs fine after a restart and i leave it on for quite a while/play high intensity games so it shouldnt be a psu issue.

Could it be my DVI connection cable or power lead for my monitor? I also used bootvis before the hardware installation but standard power ups were working fine could bootvis in conjunction with the motherboard having to reconfigure the DMi create an issue?

As i said before , i'm really stumped

Any ideas?

Thankyou

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Not really the same issue, since I use stock cooling on all my parts, but, every time I power on my pc I have to then hold the reset button for 3 seconds to get it to boot.

This is due to the settings I use to get my computer overclocked.

If I don't hold the reset in, then letting it boot, I don't even get to see the Windows loading screen, I just get all my fans running fast and a black screen.

My pc, after holding reset, and letting it boot will boot fully into windows and I can run anything without issue. I can also restart and shut down from windows and it will restart/shut down normally. I've learned to live with the issue for about the last 2 and a half years as opposed to running the pc at the slower overall speed.

Again, this isn't your issue, but perhaps if you try resetting your pc after you power it on, it might boot fullly - just an idea.

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Try a CMOS reset to see if that helps. I used to have a similar issue which might not pertain to yours but the same symptoms, it eventually led to a bad motherboard and finally the computer stopped booting. Of course I leave my machine on 24/7 so that could have been the issue as well.
Nedus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nedus1
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

Tried it but no luck :S

Thanks though

Anyone think of other solutions?

Nedus1