This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mac_Gamer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mac_Gamer101
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
i need to choose a OS for gaming on my mac. I know all the games i want to play my mac can handle maxed out but which do you guys suggest xp or vista
lambalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 lambalot
Member since 2004 • 1798 Posts
id go for XP because in my opinion its easier to use and doesnt use as much resources as Vista. I know Vista has DX10 but i dont really care about that, DX9 does its job just fine.
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
in a gaming view at the present moment it has dx10 but other than that its only a fresh face if you ask me (i have it on the laptop i use- not my gaming pc and well its ok)
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
vista is horrible on older games that are suportted for XP thats what i found out.
tfpcgmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tfpcgmr
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
XP.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Stick with XP.
tfpcgmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tfpcgmr
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts

ok first off xp and vista willnot work on a macintos you must some kind of retard with a spoon in your nose and also xp all the way do not get vista it is the devil's reincanation of evil by moneysoft i mean microsoft.yrh2009

I haven't seen so much stupidity in one post:

1. Learn to spell properly.

2. No, it's not cool to hate Microsoft

3. And those OS run on the new Macs DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

yrh2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yrh2009
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
My spelling is just fine, and I did not know you could use microsoft OS's on a mac so I am sorry for saying that but anyway vista is only for people who have the money to buy a good computer if you have little more then 1gb of ram you best stick with xp.
cru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cru3
Member since 2003 • 303 Posts

My spelling is just fine, and I did not know you could use microsoft OS's on a mac so I am sorry for saying that but anyway vista is only for people who have the money to buy a good computer if you have little more then 1gb of ram you best stick with xp.yrh2009

Ignorance is no excuse for calling someone a retard Especially when your facts are incorrect.

yrh2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yrh2009
Well I just thought vista and xp would not work on mac so I called him a retard thinking it would but some one told me vista and xp work on the new mac's so I admit I was wrong and take back what I said.
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#13 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
XP, unless you have a brand new game which has DX10, but even than its pointless since it runs choppy. DX10 will hit XP at some point
yrh2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yrh2009
Yes it will after some one crack's the source code to make it work because microsoft no longer support's xp from what I heard ever since bill gate's retired his company is going into vista 100% mode
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

XP, unless you have a brand new game which has DX10, but even than its pointless since it runs choppy. DX10 will hit XP at some pointOld_Gooseberry

XP is not being made anymore and soon it will be unsupported, so, no DX 10 won't hit XP. That will only happen when some guy somewhere manages to make it for XP, just like yrh said, but since they didn't make anything good in almost 2 years I doubt they will bother since the next Windows will be released in 2010.
Spynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Spynz
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts

vista is WAY WAY better then what people say....if you have pretty/ok good computer knowledge you can fix the annoying things (like run as administrator ect.) the ONLY downside i have is that vista currently doesnt support very old IPX protocol in Diablo 1......thats it.

but since your MAC probablly doesnt have good specs its hard to say which would be better, but theres probably lots of information about that all over the net.

**albeit my comp is pretty damn good, runs crysis on high w/ Vista Home Premium.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
If you don't already have XP, then get Vista.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

vista is WAY WAY better then what people say....if you have pretty/ok good computer knowledge you can fix the annoying things (like run as administrator ect.) the ONLY downside i have is that vista currently doesnt support very old IPX protocol in Diablo 1......thats it.

Spynz

If Vista is really so good, you shouldn't have to fix annoying things.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#19 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

[QUOTE="Old_Gooseberry"]XP, unless you have a brand new game which has DX10, but even than its pointless since it runs choppy. DX10 will hit XP at some pointDanielDust

XP is not being made anymore and soon it will be unsupported, so, no DX 10 won't hit XP. That will only happen when some guy somewhere manages to make it for XP, just like yrh said, but since they didn't make anything good in almost 2 years I doubt they will bother since the next Windows will be released in 2010.

From M$ own website says they are supporting windows xp until 2014. THIS

"We plan to provide support for Windows XP until 2014."

If they are supporting XP for the next 6 years, directx10 will make its way onto xp eventually. Theres already been small attempts at putting it onto XP by random people. The only problem is future directx releases, like 11 and 12 etc, will have even more delay coming to xp.

OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

XP...

Even Microsoft doesn't use Vista... ( says something huh ? )

DX10 is not worth the upgrade....at least not right now. ( I had Vista and re-installed XP )

Even some boutique computer makers ( Like Dell ) still offer XP.

I want DX10 eyecandy....I just don't want Vista.

Kolossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kolossi
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

I have Vista and it works in fact better than my XP did.

DirectX10 and the increased security are great. Dont have to fear viruses anymore...

But the decision is yours to make.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts
Just get Vista.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="Old_Gooseberry"]XP, unless you have a brand new game which has DX10, but even than its pointless since it runs choppy. DX10 will hit XP at some pointOld_Gooseberry

From M$ own website says they are supporting windows xp until 2014. THIS

"We plan to provide support for Windows XP until 2014."

If they are supporting XP for the next 6 years, directx10 will make its way onto xp eventually. Theres already been small attempts at putting it onto XP by random people. The only problem is future directx releases, like 11 and 12 etc, will have even more delay coming to xp.

What they mean by support is distribution of security patches and such. Diect-X 10 will never to be backported to XP, and with so few Direct-X 10 games on the market, what's the point? Direct-X 10 useless, in many ways, at this point.

Your logic is severely flawed.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11784 Posts

vista is horrible on older games that are suportted for XP thats what i found out.Nolan16

i haven encountered no problems that a little use of brain power wouldnt fix... and im on vista 64bit....

yrh2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yrh2009
Oh wow so we are getting DX 10? Wow well I guess I look like a fool right about now never bothered to read all over the search engine's, anyway I would hate to see what come's after vista, mabe it will be Window's AIDS.
yrh2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yrh2009
Oh sorry for double posting guy's but I want to fly this by a guy that posted on here, rember when direct x 9 came along? rember how so little game's were using it at first? rember how it become a legend in gaming history for computer's? yah well put that growth rate in with DX10 and i'm sure you can figure it out. In other word's more company's will start using DX10, All though i'm stuck to OpenGL lol.
1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
XP. Vista is just full of glitches.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
depends on your specs. I personally use Vista for dual booting, but that's me.