WOW common.MPQ error HELP!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bronco777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bronco777
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

I just bought wow yesterday and was excited to play it and put the CD in. When it got to around 30% it came up with this message:

An error was detected while verifying the contents of the file "C:\World of Warcraft\Data\common.MPQ". There maybe a problem with your system, or with the drive at C:\. You can attempt to install again. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.

So i uninstalled everything and rebooted like 5 times then tried again and got the same message. Then i deleted everything off relating to WOW and downloaded the full version the 3.15 GB version off of the WOW website. That went fine but it came up with the install screen again after and the same message occured. I know lots of other people are having problems with this error and so i was wondering if there is anything i can do to fix this. thanks

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I doubt it is something that we can help you with, the best thing you can do is to contact the Blizzard Support Team, the install error will have likely created a log on the machine which you may be prompted to send to their Technical Support Team, it shouldnt be something that is hard to fix for them. From what I hear its an error which has been reported in the past, good luck and I hope you get it fixed.