would i be able to run watch dogs with my specs..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FinalFighters
#1 Edited by FinalFighters (2528 posts) -

* would i be able to run this game on high-Max settings? if not can you guys recommend me a good graphics card/CPU etc that will be able to handle this game, because i really dont want to play this game (and GTAV when it comes out) on anything lower then High video settings.*

My Specs:

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955 black Edition processor 3.2 GHz

Memory - 6GB

GPU - Radeon HD 6870 1GB

PSU - 700W

Avatar image for Nick3306
#2 Posted by Nick3306 (2802 posts) -

I feel you might have too many framerate dips on high settings. My framerate will still dip below 30 at points while I'm driving and I'm using a 4670k and an HD 7950

Avatar image for Grey_Eyed_Elf
#3 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4274 posts) -

High would be pushing it with that GPU if its 1920x1080 you are looking at. As for GTA5... No one knows how its going to perform but chances are you won't be play it on high settings with a decent framerate.

If you want to play on high settings on demanding games at the very least you would need a GTX 760 or a R9 280 in order to achieve the ideal average 50-60 frames... And for the CPU a i5 4670K or a FX 8350 will do the job.

Avatar image for FinalFighters
#4 Posted by FinalFighters (2528 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

If you want to play on high settings on demanding games at the very least you would need a GTX 760 or a R9 280 in order to achieve the ideal average 50-60 frames... And for the CPU a i5 4670K or a FX 8350 will do the job.

Ok , thanks for the help. i will look into those now.

Avatar image for Grey_Eyed_Elf
#5 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4274 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

If you want to play on high settings on demanding games at the very least you would need a GTX 760 or a R9 280 in order to achieve the ideal average 50-60 frames... And for the CPU a i5 4670K or a FX 8350 will do the job.

Ok , thanks for the help. i will look into those now.

Personally I would just buy the game and see how it performs with your current PC... No harm done and if it doesn't perform as well as you want it to then you can upgrade.

Avatar image for wis3boi
#6 Posted by wis3boi (32498 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@FinalFighters said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

If you want to play on high settings on demanding games at the very least you would need a GTX 760 or a R9 280 in order to achieve the ideal average 50-60 frames... And for the CPU a i5 4670K or a FX 8350 will do the job.

Ok , thanks for the help. i will look into those now.

Personally I would just buy the game and see how it performs with your current PC... No harm done and if it doesn't perform as well as you want it to then you can upgrade.

and get the E3 graphics mod, it actually improves performance over vanilla