Worst PC game ever THAT YOU PAID FOR

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

reghole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 reghole
Member since 2006 • 94 Posts

There is a similar thread asking for worst pc game ever and, of course, the tried and true champ Big Rigs rightfully gets it's props. But, how many actually paid for and played this one?...

So, to make it personal. What is the worst game you paid for and why? (Why it's the worst, not why you paid for it. I'm sure all who have felt the pain of reality not meeting gaming expectations are still asking: why did I paid for a piece of digital c**p...)

Me? Breed. I was looking forward to team based, multi vehicle game play from this one, but what I got was a laughably (if I hadn't PAID for it) uninspired and generic game. Buggy team AI, random crashes, and ugly character and set design welcomed me to the world of Breed. My disappointment would not allow me to finish the first level... Now, this game sits ostracized from the rest of my collection, gathering dust and distain. Poor Breed... Poor, poor Breed.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Mine? Would have to be Gothic 3. Maybe it wasnt a bad game, but my computer made it unplayable, : (
jfsebastianII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 jfsebastianII
Member since 2007 • 1084 Posts

all the ones i talked about in the other thread i paid something for - never heard of Big Rigs though - i almost feel like seeking it out just so i don't feel left out!

i picked up 'Breed' in a charity shop for £3, but couldn't even get it to worrk - looked it up on the net afterwards and found it wasn't even worth playing, so i threw it out

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I haven't really had any regrets except for Oblivion. So I guess I'll have to say that's the worst game I paid for.
SpecNav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpecNav
Member since 2002 • 82 Posts

I haven't really had any regrets except for Oblivion. So I guess I'll have to say that's the worst game I paid for.GodLovesDead

You must be the god of picking video games if that is your worst.

When I was a kid, I asked my parents to buy me Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. Technically not my money, but my family's but that game was TERRIBLE.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

In terms in price vs. enjoyment, Oblivion is probably my worst PC game purchase (I paid full price and was totally disappointed).

It isn't the flat out worst game I've bought, but if a terrible game only costs me $2-5, then it doesn't bother me as much as when I spend $100 on a bad game.

waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
bioshock and stalker ... i payed full price and totaly regretting it
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]I haven't really had any regrets except for Oblivion. So I guess I'll have to say that's the worst game I paid for.SpecNav

You must be the god of picking video games if that is your worst.

I always read reviews. But Oblivion was something I hyped during its early development so I was determined to buy the game (collectors edition and everything). But it only took me a a day or two of play before I realized the game was pretty awful and didn't meet any expectation I had set. But there isn't much I could do about that.

reghole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 reghole

all the ones i talked about in the other thread i paid something for - never heard of Big Rigs though - i almost feel like seeking it out just so i don't feel left out!

i picked up 'Breed' in a charity shop for £3, but couldn't even get it to worrk - looked it up on the net afterwards and found it wasn't even worth playing, so i threw it out

jfsebastianII

I wish I could throw out my copy of Breed, but I paid full price for it. I feel Breed owes me about $30 worth of SOMETHING. I occasionally shake my finger angrily at the box and this gives me some satisfaction...

Check out the video review of Big Rigs on this site. My guess, this is all the Big Rigs you will need...

pseudodog07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 pseudodog07
Member since 2008 • 1106 Posts
I usually get games used, but I bought Crysis. The graphics weren't that great since you have to play a resolution lower than normal. And the gameplay was bad, worse than Far Cry. I despise health regen.
jfsebastianII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 jfsebastianII
Member since 2007 • 1084 Posts
[QUOTE="jfsebastianII"]

reghole

I wish I could throw out my copy of Breed, but I paid full price for it. I feel Breed owes me about $30 worth of SOMETHING. I occasionally shake my finger angrily at the box and this gives me some satisfaction...

Check out the video review of Big Rigs on this site. My guess, this is all the Big Rigs you will need...

I just took a look - you're right that's ENOUGH

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Alexander
reghole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 reghole

bioshock and stalker ... i payed full price and totaly regretting itwaza000

Why? give details...

I haven't played Bioshock, but I thought Stalker was great overall. For me Stalker's atmosphere was incredibly immersive and well designed. This game was easy to fall into... but this was my experience. You list two (generally) highly reviewed games as your worst.

Now I'm curious as to why...

talanto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 talanto
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
The worst game I ever paid is Neverend!
bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, toss up between Master of Orion III and Gods and Generals.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
alien vs predator, it was recent purchase, thank god for DX9 and above !!!!
BOBBALOOUUUUUU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BOBBALOOUUUUUU
Member since 2005 • 434 Posts

Gothic 3. it could have been great had they made it a little more stable.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Big Rigs (yes, I really bought it for like 2 dollars)
reghole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reghole

Big Rigs (yes, I really bought it for like 2 dollars) _Pedro_

You own a copy? Really? Wow!

Now go get a copy of Plan 9 from Outer Space and Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music and you will have the Trinity of Craptacular media releases...

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts
I think Cysis sucked. I actually went ou and spent 50 bucks ona a game that dosnt even play on my compter. My compuer met minimum requirements, but it was so slow... it just wasnt worth it. Pissed me off realllll good.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
Real War Rogue States a really bad rts that i picked up from the bargian bin at staples biggest waste of 5$ ever.
dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts

NFS ProStreet by far:

First action: install

Second Action: playing first race

Third action: uninstall

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vicsrealms
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
Where do I begin? Battlefield 2, AOE3 + Expansions, Star Wars Empire at War (luckily I didn't pickup the expansion), Rise & Fall, etc, etc, etc,.... Luckily I discovered EB's willingness to buy back games or I would have even more sitting in my room..Well, that is until Gamestop bought them and now I can't get rid of the bad games anymore.
zebruter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zebruter
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

even tho it was a bargain bin purchase ($10), pool of radiance: ruins of myth drannor gets my vote. i think i uninstalled within an hour or two.

z

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
Like in the other thread, Nitro Family. It's the biggest Serious Sam knockoff in history (think Will Rock downgraded a thousand times).
D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

Tie between Battlefield 2 and Neverwinter Nights.

I hate buggy shooters and D&D RPGs.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

I've never really bought bad games. These are PC forums, so console games don't count? Either Two Worlds or Titan Quest. Some people love TQ but I got bored after 4 hours.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#28 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
Company of Heroes, its the exact opposite of my cup of tea.
HondaSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HondaSnake
Member since 2007 • 502 Posts
Probably Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and Star Wars Galaxies.
ken_poolimy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ken_poolimy
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Oblivion.
filmography

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 filmography
Member since 2004 • 3202 Posts
timeshift, I xouldn't even bring myself to finish it. However I did manage to sell it to some poor sap.
crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts
Stalker and Lost Planet.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

Far Cry, Orange box and Enemy Territory are 3 purchases I wish i never made.

gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts

I haven't really had any regrets except for Oblivion. So I guess I'll have to say that's the worst game I paid for.GodLovesDead

Same.

Though I paid only $30 and plan on playing it again....

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

Fable

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Fable

PickGlove243

Finally someone who agrees with me that it's not such a great game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I would have said Battlefield 2 up until several months ago... but now Forgotten Hope 2 is out (and I still haven't tried it :x).

BioShock is easily the worst waste of time and money I spent on a game. I was hyped to the extreme by the developers, dumped down $75 CAD and hardly got a single hour of enjoyment out of the onerly tedious System Shock 2 clone. I had thought I did when I was trying to convince myself that I HAD to like it because I was so hyped about it... but now I realise that it was easily the worst purchase I have ever made in my life. Even with Battlefield 2 I got several hours of enjoyment out of it.
Spyder25000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Spyder25000
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts

Clive Barkers Jericho : terribal game, its like your in a story and the gamply is all wrong

Oblivion was a great game! Bioshock even better

Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts
Gothic 3, crap performance for par graphics.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#40 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

I rather not say what is the worst game for all time, instead I just narrow it down to the game I bought last year.

Command and Conquer 3 would be the worst game I paid for.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#41 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Clive Barkers Jericho : terribal game, its like your in a story and the gamply is all wrong

Spyder25000

I played Jericho until the very end and thought the storyline to be very interesting. Jericho gameplay style remind me alot like Painkiller.

lindallison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lindallison
Member since 2003 • 1429 Posts

Between Oblvion, Bioshock, Divine Divinity, and Neverwinter Nights I choose......

Oblivion.

At least the other games listed didn't require 30 hours of play before the skidmarks started to show on the fabric. Some people might chalk that up as a feather in Oblivion's cap, but I was suitably pissed that I'd convince myself to keep playing so that I could experience more content, always thinking that in the game's massive breadth something was bound to be interesting. By 30 hours spread over 2 characters I felt i'd seen it all, and every aspect and skill i'd explored and utilized, every dungeon type seen, and every guild dipped into was just another hollow experience to be tossed aside and forgotten. I ended up so uninterested in the game-world that I uninstalled and pawned my copy. I'd willingly played that long, like some brainless chippy that keeps going back to her abusive boyfriend for another black eye.

Oblivion's NPC's actually became repellant to me, with their soft blunted faces, dead eyes, and dopey smiles. Cyrodiil's the capital of the Empire and it seems as if its entirely populated with idiots. Hve you listened to these people talk to each other? The witless way they beam at you in the worst of circumstances? All NPC's are just fragments of code and polygon - but the hand of the designer gives them some semblance of style and life. Style and life were two things Oblivion completely lacked. The design decisions on display had an aggressive stupidity to them. And that impression became exponentially magnified over my 30 hour fair shake.

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I didn't pay for it with money, but I did choose it over other options, so in a sense I did pay for it in that I could have had something good instead.

I'm in the Amazon Vine program (google it) and Sunage - a RTS for PC was on the list. I thought it couldn't be that bad, so I grabbed a copy.

Imagine Command and Conquer from 1995, released today, only without any of the user-friendliness. Imagine not being able to alter skirmish difficulty. Imagine having three campaigns, but having to play them in order. Imagine units stopping for half a second every time a new order is issued (I'm click-happy so this drives me nuts).

Sunage is by far the worst game I own. I may not have paid for it with money, but I sure as hell feel cheated out of my time.

NerdMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NerdMan
Member since 2002 • 2749 Posts
I was pretty excited for Temple of Elemental Evil, since it was the first RPG to truly try and capture the pen and paper experience. It turned out to be a bug-filled turd.
lindallison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lindallison
Member since 2003 • 1429 Posts

I was pretty excited for Temple of Elemental Evil, since it was the first RPG to truly try and capture the pen and paper experience. It turned out to be a bug-filled turd.NerdMan

The Temple is actually pretty fun with the Circle of Eight fixes and mods....they add a lot of stupid baggage onto the thing in terms of quests, items and V.O. but its not like Troika had come up with some masterpiece that's getting defaced. The benefits outweigh the silliness.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

BioShock.

Unfortunately, I bought into the hype.

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Medal of Honor Aiborne
JordanCupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JordanCupcakes
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts

Like I said in the other thread, toss up between Master of Orion III and Gods and Generals.bogaty

We do not speak of that horrible game that does not exist!!!!! Master of whom!?!?!?!?!?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#49 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Oblivion.. the game looks awesome but even on my new computer the constantly crashes and blue screens. I can't play for more than 10 minutes without it happening. Tried numerous patches and nothing will fix it.. the game is unplayable and i bought it for top dollar.
Edgemaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Edgemaster666
Member since 2005 • 1686 Posts

Gothic 3. it could have been great had they made it a little more stable.

BOBBALOOUUUUUU

Definately, the game could be awesome, but it's unstable as hell, even though my system specs easily beat the recomended. I always get some stupid memory error, even though I've tried all the .ini fixes.