Wooo!!!! DIABLO 3!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Detavion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Detavion
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
Hey, I'm a huge Blizzard fan, and I'm especially fond of the Diablo series. I'm just curious to know what everyone's predictions are as to when Blizzard will announce that they're working on Diablo 3. (Personally, I'm guessing around the time Starcraft 2 is finished, but I wanna know what everyone else thinks). Thanks.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Here's a treat for you. www.diablo3.com
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
don't get your hopes up thats all i have to say
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

dude .... everybody at blizzard left, everybody that made those high quality games like diablo, starcraft, warcraft

that is why blizzard hired a lot of people that worked on command & conquer 3 (that is why in my opinion starcraft 2 won't be so great)

.... if there is a diablo 3, will the true essence of diablo be in it ?!
i doubt it, because in 2007-2008, blizzard just could have in mind that "they NEED to make it in full 3d" they probably won't make it an upper view, maybe they won't be able to make those all random shape maps (who knows,all the 3d and higher graphic demand would be too much while creating a server to shape all the areas at once)

the true essence of diablo won't be there, because the gameplay WILL HAVE to change to fix today's usual gaming tyepe
and the original developpers won't be helping on it

Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts

Isn't there one that looks a bit like Diablo? Hellgate:London? It looks nice and it might just be like Diablo. If they have a demo coming, give it a try.

Blizzard probably won't change much of the the original assets. If they are going to make a Diablo sequel, they would do it like Diablo.

Sim_1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sim_1945
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

Just buy hellgate: london.

Ex-Blizzard north guys are making this game. The lead designers of Diablo series all formed a new company called flagship studios. They got sick of the Blizzard tards coz they won't let them make another game , instead focused their attention to World of warcarft. So the lead designer Bill blooper Quit and took half of the team with him. They have now been designing this game for few years, and they had neimco to help also EA Games are helping in the Distribution of this game.

Hellgate will apparently feature the same additive game play , items hunt , skill trees , etc ... will also have randomising maps with lots of hack and slash action gameplay, level cap at only 50 , but im sure like wow they will have expansions to increase that cap. Only thing that this takes part in the future and remember in D2 we were always saying 'I wish we had guns'. lol this one will have them.

So you could say this is the new diablo 3 but i wouldn't want to say that just incase it doesn't live up to the hype, This is the New game of the Diablo style action hack n slash item hunt addictive fun future guns demon killing blood guts boss eating zombie MADDNESS!!!

It's gunna be good fun, im sure.

Citan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Citan76
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
Summer of 09 is when we will hear about it.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Yes, just buy Hellgate
XFireCrossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 XFireCrossX
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts

dude .... everybody at blizzard left, everybody that made those high quality games like diablo, starcraft, warcraft

that is why blizzard hired a lot of people that worked on command & conquer 3 (that is why in my opinion starcraft 2 won't be so great)

waza000

so what you are saying is that the new expansion of World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Won't have the true essence of WoW?!

off course it will, Burning Crusade is one example that it adds alot of new things to the original WoW and it still have the key components. Warcraft 3, also had the essences warcraft 2 had. If Diablo 3 were to be announced why WOULDN'T it have the key components that makes diablo diablo? then the product just wouldn't sell

rr2Real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rr2Real
Member since 2004 • 11416 Posts
diablo 3 = hellgate london
SonKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonKev
Member since 2007 • 552 Posts
[QUOTE="waza000"]

XFireCrossX

so what you are saying is that the new expansion of World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Won't have the true essence of WoW?!

off course it will, Burning Crusade is one example that it adds alot of new things to the original WoW and it still have the key components. Warcraft 3, also had the essences warcraft 2 had. If Diablo 3 were to be announced why WOULDN'T it have the key components that makes diablo diablo? then the product just wouldn't sell

Are you on crack? He didn't say the word WoW once; and yes, WoW sucks. I've been playing since right after beta, and its gets old

NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
Don't count on it any time soon.
delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 delirin
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts

Guys, blizzard is still blizzard... just because roper and a few of his buddys left doesn't mean blizzard games are going to start sucking. They still have better CG videos than any other development studio, better polish and more refined gameplay.

Hellgate is hellgate, not DIII. Flagship answers to EA... "when it's done"doesn't apply with EA, so we'll get hellgate halloween no matter the shape it's in... barring a divine intervention.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
how long did it take you to come up with the topic title to ensure it was misleading enough for people to check it out?
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

3years up to never. Hellgate is best you'll get for now.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Flagship answers to EA... "when it's done"doesn't apply with EA, so we'll get hellgate halloween no matter the shape it's in... barring a divine intervention.delirin
Just like Mercenaries 2 answering to the same branch of EA, and how they weren't allowed to delay the game into 08... oh, wait. :D Well then Spore!.. wait, no. Medal of Honor: Airborne.. dang, that was delayed too. :( They do tend to enforce schedules on third-party devs, though.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

if diablo 3 ever comes, it'll probably be around 2012 - and by then, we'll probably be looking out for flagship's second game, which may very well be hellgate 2

the new blizzard cannot go toe to toe with flagship in terms of quality - unit sales, maybe, but definitely not quality

my suggestion: forget about diablo 3 and start counting down the days to hellgate

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#18 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Vivendi decides to use one of their other in house development companies to make Diablo 3 and keep Blizzard as a MMO only development company. Blizzard would then just focus on WoW and other mmos that might come out in the future. Another possiblility is Diablo 3 would just be released as World of Diablo as aMMO under Blizzard's name.

mikuppi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mikuppi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I liked DiabloI and DiabloII.... so i'll wait Diablo 3 :) I think it's good game.
mikuppi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mikuppi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
^ Diablo 1 ^ Diablo 2 (sry for typos)
narf101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 narf101
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts

Vivendi decides to use one of their other in house development companies to make Diablo 3 and keep Blizzard as a MMO only development company. Blizzard would then just focus on WoW and other mmos that might come out in the future. Another possiblility is Diablo 3 would just be released as World of Diablo as aMMO under Blizzard's name.

Jd1680a

this seems a likely (and terrifying) outcome

ssta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 ssta
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
I miss diablo so much...
dbd333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dbd333
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts
Sorry but even I know that Flagship lost it's way when they want you to pay for Optional Subscription. As for Diablo? The economy used to be player run with ITH items and White Items, now the community is dwindling because they wanted to keep it 'legit'.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Jd1680a

it's funny how similar conclusions regarding a Starcraft sequal were reached.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts

It'll come when it'll come. They've made versions of it that they scrapped, just like ghosts, except they were smart enough to not make it public. Please don't say Hellgate: London just because it's similar. It's not Diablo and that studio doesn't have the funding to keep perfecting the game forever. Besides I think it looks lame. Mythos is closer do Diablo anyway.

Also, the Blizzard North guys left. They made Diablo yes but the guys who did Warcraft and Starcraft are still on board so don't say everyone with talent left Blizzard. In case you didn't know, they don't just go around hiring anybody who applies, they're ratther picky. The guys att Blizzard know how to make good games and I'm positive they know what the essence of Diablo is.

Sorry but even I know that Flagship lost it's way when they want you to pay for Optional Subscription. As for Diablo? The economy used to be player run with ITH items and White Items, now the community is dwindling because they wanted to keep it 'legit'.dbd333

ITH items were good? Dupes ruined the game. ITHs ruined the game. MH, chicken, TPPK and all the other crap ruined the game. Not for the noobs who used it but for people who played legit and didn't break the EULA. Play singelplayer if you want to cheat. It's not possible to join a hardcore run game anymore because there are so many TPPKers and people don't dare to duel you because they use MH to see your items. And when you're doing runs they're so retarded because they use MH to find the exit faster which means you miss like 60% of the monsters which beats the point of doing runs. If you used nonlegit items **** YOU. I've spend so much time MFing the hard way building up wealth and when I try to trade for some uberelite it's always some pindelbotted duped crap that poofs within one hour. I even had what was probably the last pair of legit 1.08 rare boots on europe until my acc got hacked by yet another idiot.

People who used hacked items don't understand the concept of working hard for something and getting the satisfaction of the reward. They think they're good but they won't ever get as much satisfaction from it as someone who actually gets real items. Using ITHs is about as fun as using GOD mode in a shooter. Too many idiots online... why do they have to bunch up in the good games?

waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
[QUOTE="waza000"]

XFireCrossX

did i mention wow ...

and i'm talking about original gameplay, just don't speak if you don't want to try to read well

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
Ill first play starcraft 2, and if it is jsut as good as the first one was, then ill consider diablo 3 when it comes out