Witcher 2 patcch 1.3 interesting!!!!!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

http://www.thewitcher.com/media/upload/Changelog%201.3.pdf

lot of bugs fixes..nice devotion from cd projekt yet again...i will wait a little bit more before playing but this is super nice to see!

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TailBlood
Member since 2011 • 944 Posts

I'm really pissed that I bought it on steam. 9gb patch is absurd.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

TailBlood

If it's any consolation to you that is changing soon.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/16/a-week-too-late-steam-announces-a-new-download-system/

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TailBlood

[QUOTE="TailBlood"]

PublicNuisance

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/16/a-week-too-late-steam-announces-a-new-download-system/

Great. It will reduce it to 1gb :lol: Hopefully down to 400mb or 500mb.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

Wow what a list!! When will this be dropping? Can't wait to do my Iorveth playthrough with these improvements :D

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NerubianWeaver
Member since 2010 • 2046 Posts
Wow! I just finished both playthroughs.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

TailBlood
1.3 has a lot of fixes, so I won't be surprised to see a healthy filesize. 1.2 had the DLCs, so I expected a good size.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="TailBlood"]

TailBlood

Some of us don't mind. I have 100MB down internet so to be fair I couldn't care less if they help people with slower internet. I was just pointing out that they are making strides.

TailBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TailBlood

[QUOTE="TailBlood"]

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

PublicNuisance

Some of us don't mind. I have 100MB down internet so to be fair I couldn't care less if they help people with slower internet. I was just pointing out that they are making strides.

Thats great and all. Speed is not the problem so I don't care about bragging rights, but my ISP has a dl cap. I'm not selfish and only think about myself, so a lower dl size would be great for not only me, but for everyone else who does have a cap.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

When does devotion and obligation separate anymore? Wouldn't it have been actual devotion if they bothered to fix up all these problems before releasing the game? A lot of people would have already finished it at least once.

NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NerubianWeaver
They should've included the all the DLCs and the supposedly fixes before the release but they have to work towards the 360 version :roll:
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

They should've included the all the DLCs and the supposedly fixes before the release but they have to work towards the 360 version :roll: NerubianWeaver

Yup, but nope, they gotta work on the Xbox 360 version. :roll:

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#13 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

New DLC's in the new patch, mmm, should really continue my second playthrough. Missed out on a few things.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]They should've included the all the DLCs and the supposedly fixes before the release but they have to work towards the 360 version :roll: Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Yes shame on them for wanting to get their great game out to more people :roll: No game is perfect and it's impossible to release a bug free game. They released an incredible game so why the hate that they are fixing some things?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

When does devotion and obligation separate anymore? Wouldn't it have been actual devotion if they bothered to fix up all these problems before releasing the game? A lot of people would have already finished it at least once.

biggest_loser
You do realize that 90% of the developers dump their games on PC and never bother to fix the problems? They don't have an obligation, no.
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]They should've included the all the DLCs and the supposedly fixes before the release but they have to work towards the 360 version :roll: Evz0rz

Yes shame on them for wanting to get their great game out to more people :roll: No game is perfect and it's impossible to release a bug free game. They released an incredible game so why the hate that they are fixing some things?

Its such a great game hence why so many people pirated it right?At least some people know when to not waste money on trash.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="Evz0rz"][QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Its such a great game hence why so many people pirated it right?At least some people know when to not waste money on trash.

I know several people that pirate games and praise some for how good they are yet they never spend a cent on them. I am willing to bet most pirates are in that category.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="Evz0rz"][QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

....I...what?
NerubianWeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NerubianWeaver
[QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]They should've included the all the DLCs and the supposedly fixes before the release but they have to work towards the 360 version :roll: Evz0rz

By porting it on the 360, the developers have to put time towards the inferior version, thus, they were unable to polish the PC version despite of its high sales figures.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

biggest_loser

You're assuming that the developers had the ability to detect and repair these issues under the allotted budget and timeframe given. There is a reason why the vast majority of highly polished games have been unambitious, well advertised and formulaic blockbuster products with at least twice as much development funding as this game has received.

However, based on some of your other posts here I have come to the conclusion that you like to spin basically everything about certain games into negatives, so I'm not surprised that you're trying to form a complain about what is basically a developer listening to customer complaints and addressing those issues by releasing a free download. Hence, I am also not surprised that you are not levelling this same complaint against every other game out there which has ever received a free downloadable patch that contains bugfixes.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

Barbariser

You're assuming that the developers had the ability to detect and repair these issues under the allotted budget and timeframe given. There is a reason why the vast majority of highly polished games have been unambitious, well advertised and formulaic blockbuster products with at least twice as much development funding as this game has received.

However, based on some of your other posts here I have come to the conclusion that you like to spin basically everything about certain games into negatives, so I'm not surprised that you're trying to form a complain about what is basically a developer listening to customer complaints and addressing those issues by releasing a free download. Hence, I am also not surprised that you are not levelling this same complaint against every other game out there which has ever received a free downloadable patch that contains bugfixes.

So true... I think he said he couldn't run it properly.

First I've heard him going into rants about the quick load button. Now it's patched in there, and it's suddenly a bad thing.

Update those rigs or stop being so bitter, lol.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Finally supports 16:10. Maybe I'll finish that Troll Trouble DLC now.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GeneralShowzer
Finally supports 16:10. Maybe I'll finish that Troll Trouble DLC now.Elann2008
There is also a new quest added.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Finally supports 16:10. Maybe I'll finish that Troll Trouble DLC now.GeneralShowzer

Awesome. I'm going to get started tomorrow night after work. Thanks.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]Finally supports 16:10. Maybe I'll finish that Troll Trouble DLC now.Elann2008

Awesome. I'm going to get started tomorrow night after work. Thanks.

The patch is an excellent reason to replay the game now too. Fourth time now !
fred1266

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fred1266
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts

when is it coming out

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Here's hoping for Flotsam framerate improvements. Really stopping me from progressing sigh.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="TailBlood"]Great. It will reduce it to 1gb :lol: Hopefully down to 400mb or 500mb.

TailBlood

Thats great and all. Speed is not the problem so I don't care about bragging rights, but my ISP has a dl cap. I'm not selfish and only think about myself, so a lower dl size would be great for not only me, but for everyone else who does have a cap.

Agreed. This does help with DL caps, there are 4 gamers in this house, on various systems. 250gb limit a month is not exactly a lot with 4 of us.

Soon that number will be reduced from 4 to 3, and maybe down to 2 by the end of the year.

This will help... Especially as the size of games steadily increases!

CuRle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CuRle_
Member since 2011 • 258 Posts
Finally supports 16:10. Maybe I'll finish that Troll Trouble DLC now.Elann2008
It didn't support it on launch? That's very odd. 9GB worth of patches and DLC for free? Wow, I'm deffers going to get this game, now.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
250gb limit... I feel for you bro... What country is forcing that lolness on you?
CuRle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CuRle_
Member since 2011 • 258 Posts
250gb limit... I feel for you bro... What country is forcing that lolness on you?jedikevin2
Hmm, wish I had a 250GB cap, 100GB/month sucks.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Still waiting for a patch that overhauls the illogical potion system, adds proper ingredients sorting, a proper highlight key, makes Geralt move as fast as his enemies, adds backstepping and sidestepping, makes the sword hit all enemies it touches...

Jacen22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jacen22
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

when is it coming out

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

250gb limit... I feel for you bro... What country is forcing that lolness on you?jedikevin2

Ironically the one that claims to be "leaders of the free world" lol.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

"Option to fist fight woman praying at a statue in Vergen has been deactivated."

wtf?

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SkyWard20
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

GeneralShowzer
You do realize that 90% of the developers dump their games on PC and never bother to fix the problems? They don't have an obligation, no.

They sure as all hell do!
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

Barbariser

You're assuming more ambition always leads to better games. One of their guys ( Tomasz Gop ) said he was expecting more from the game than what was given to us in the final product, after leaving CDProjekt.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

GeneralShowzer

First I've heard him going into rants about the quick load button. Now it's patched in there, and it's suddenly a bad thing.

Not everyone can afford to play Marvel vs. Capcom on max settings, man.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

SkyWard20

Bethesda sure as hell sucks then....

They left thousands of bugs in Oblivion that the community had to fix.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

SkyWard20

You jelly cause I'm rich?

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] So true... I think he said he couldn't run it properly.

GeneralShowzer

Rich with love, maybe. However lacking in reciprocation as it might seem.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

SkyWard20

Rich with love, maybe. However lacking in reciprocation as it might seem.

I would say you are, the MvsC thing your putting in every thread, doesn't really make sense to anyone.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I need to get this game.
Reach-The-Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Reach-The-Myth
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts
I knew CD Projekt would do a big patch like this - I wrote it in my review :D... But anyway... Should be interesting, and I'm glad I didn't pirate this (I don't pirate games), as the people who did are stealing from an excellent developer.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts

TailBlood
Get used to it games these days are just gonna get BIGGER AND BIGGER in HD Space requirements.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Elann2008
I need to get this game.chrisrooR
Get it. Get it. ;)
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

Barbariser

You're assuming more ambition always leads to better games. One of their guys ( Tomasz Gop ) said he was expecting more from the game than what was given to us in the final product, after leaving CDProjekt.

And yes, I agree with the man. I think The Witcher 2 was a great game, but after playing it I decided that it wasn't the "overwhelmingly awesome best RPG of the generation" thing that I had been waiting for. Still, I'm not going to go around and criticize their efforts to improve the game, I'm not petty.

Since when? I thought you already said you consider the Witchor 2 to be the RPG of eternity... or something fairly close to that, anyway. :D

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

SkyWard20

And yes, I agree with the man. I think The Witcher 2 was a great game, but after playing it I decided that it wasn't the "overwhelmingly awesome best RPG of the generation" thing that I had been waiting for. Still, I'm not going to go around and criticize their efforts to improve the game, I'm not petty.

Since when? I thought you already said you consider the Witchor 2 to be the RPG of eternity... or something fairly close to that, anyway. :D

The closest thing I can recall to that is saying that the Witcher 2 is the second best RPG that I've played this generation. Either way, my favourite RPG of all time is Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines and I don't consider any other RPG to be anywhere near its level.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] You do realize that 90% of the developers dump their games on PC and never bother to fix the problems? They don't have an obligation, no.GeneralShowzer

Bethesda sure as hell sucks then....

They left thousands of bugs in Oblivion that the community had to fix.

Yup, > 10,000 bugs, which took 3 community mods to fix.