Wireless networking problem. XP comp won't connect to Vista comp???? PLZ HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireKicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FireKicks
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Ok what the **** I hate dealing with new computers because you never start off with smooth sailing. So I got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium, and wanted to share an internet connection from my home desktop, which runs on XP home premium, so I got a wireless router and set it up, it runs fine, and then I got the laptop and used the security passkey to get connected to the network, but for some ****ing reason I couldn't get internet, Im a pretty busy dude so I was like "OK I'll do this another day and pick up where I left off"

Wouldn't you know it, I for some reason lost my connection to the network, no biggie, I'll just use the security key again. But I now notice that it is an "Unsecured network" when before it was secured, I cant even put in my security key and now I cant connect to the network.

Im so sick of this kind of **** I just want to get my laptop online and start surfing the web. What should I do? Is it because I have 2 different versions of windows I cant connect? PLEASE HELP ME!

adam92682

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 adam92682
Member since 2002 • 2001 Posts

Ok what the **** I hate dealing with new computers because you never start off with smooth sailing. So I got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium, and wanted to share an internet connection from my home desktop, which runs on XP home premium, so I got a wireless router and set it up, it runs fine, and then I got the laptop and used the security passkey to get connected to the network, but for some ****ing reason I couldn't get internet, Im a pretty busy dude so I was like "OK I'll do this another day and pick up where I left off"

Wouldn't you know it, I for some reason lost my connection to the network, no biggie, I'll just use the security key again. But I now notice that it is an "Unsecured network" when before it was secured, I cant even put in my security key and now I cant connect to the network.

Im so sick of this kind of **** I just want to get my laptop online and start surfing the web. What should I do? Is it because I have 2 different versions of windows I cant connect? PLEASE HELP ME!

FireKicks

i didnt know they made XP home premium

gamerwiz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gamerwiz09
Member since 2006 • 820 Posts
I had a XP Laptop, and XP Desktop running wirelessly off a a Desktop with VISTA, so the OS's aren't the problem...