Why no split screen PC games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaral_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaral_1
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

I want to get borderlands 2, but why no split screen on PC? On the Xbox i can play split screen with my bro. It's not that PC's lack power. With technologies like surround and eyeinfity it should be possible to have a 2 player or more game on PC using multiple screens. Is there some huge glaring reseason to not support split screen that i'm not seeing?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I want to get borderlands 2, but why no split screen on PC? On the Xbox i can play split screen with my bro. It's not that PC's lack power. With technologies like surround and eyeinfity it should be possible to have a 2 player or more game on PC using multiple screens. Is there some huge glaring reseason to not support split screen that i'm not seeing?

Zaral_1

There are a few games that exist that prove split screen can work on the PC. Serious Sam 3, Dirt 2, Trackmania 2...

The original Borderlands was eventually modded to allow people to play splitscreen on the PC so hopefully the same happens with the sequel. There is no good reason why PC games should not support split screen since it is easy to use controllers and hook PC's up to TV's

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Lack of interest from most of the PC community,most people that play on the PC don´t really care about split screen,especially if the game has good online and lan support,and tbh,even on consoles it´s already a completely secondary feature these days,especially considering how importantit was in the past.
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Zaral_1

I don't see any glaring reason for mandatory split screen support.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
split screen is for poor people
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

herms got n0 frands?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

There hasn't traditionally been much of a need for split screen in PC games for two big reasons, that I know of. For a long time, most PCs were used with relatively small monitors (compared to typical television sets), and split screen would get very small. Also, PC multiplayer games have used internet and LAN since long before consoles did, which is why console game split screen multiplayer got so popular.

These days though, it really would be nice to get more split screen support from PC games, since hooking them up to big TVs is so easy, and popular.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

split screen is for poor peopleJigglyWiggly_
:P this +1

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]split screen is for poor peopleionusX

:P this +1

Nooo, Splitscreen is for people who want to....

*Puts on Sunglasses*

....Split up! :O

Zaral_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zaral_1
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts
I think that split screen is for poor people is a stupid answer, that it? I am poor and I like having friends over and playing with them, I just find it silly with the power PC's provide to not support split screen. Because of this I feel forced to buy X-box even though I would prefer to play on PC.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JigglyWiggly_

I think that split screen is for poor people is a stupid answer, that it? I am poor and I like having friends over and playing with them, I just find it silly with the power PC's provide to not support split screen. Because of this I feel forced to buy X-box even though I would prefer to play on PC. Zaral_1
pc gaming does not want poor people

only clean shaven people with good hygeine, etc.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaral_1"]I think that split screen is for poor people is a stupid answer, that it? I am poor and I like having friends over and playing with them, I just find it silly with the power PC's provide to not support split screen. Because of this I feel forced to buy X-box even though I would prefer to play on PC. JigglyWiggly_

Then why are you still here Jiggs? Ur rig can only handle Quake 3.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Zaral_1"]I think that split screen is for poor people is a stupid answer, that it? I am poor and I like having friends over and playing with them, I just find it silly with the power PC's provide to not support split screen. Because of this I feel forced to buy X-box even though I would prefer to play on PC. FelipeInside

Then why are you still here Jiggs? Ur rig can only handle Quake 3.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P

i am so mlg that i have put quake 3 on my phone and hooked up a keyboard and mouse to it all while in class but only when i was waiting for people to hurry up and finish because they wouldn't start review 2slow speaking of slow it ran kind of slow fps drops to 40 my phone is so overclocked it burns your hand gpu and cpu
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] pc gaming does not want poor people

i am so mlg that i have put quake 3 on my phone and hooked up a keyboard and mouse to it all while in class but only when i was waiting for people to hurry up and finish because they wouldn't start review 2slow speaking of slow it ran kind of slow fps drops to 40 my phone is so overclocked it burns your hand gpu and cpu

You truly need help :P
SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

Serious Sam 3 has this feature, and it's awesome... Except for the person stuck using a 360 controller, of course. :P

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#16 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

only clean shaven people with good hygeine, etc.

JigglyWiggly_

My beard will engulf you.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 teardropmina

cold...

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

While splitscreen is ideal for consoles, the current generation is catered to online play. Your best bet is to stick with consoles of previous generations. Splitscreen on a computer sucks.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Socijalisticka

split screen is for people who have friendsJigglyWiggly_

ftfy.

[QUOTE="Zaral_1"]

teardropmina

What of games CENTERED around local play, ex: Timesplitters? Are you insisting that splitscreen isn't essential which such games?

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teardropmina

[QUOTE="teardropmina"]

[QUOTE="Zaral_1"]

Socijalisticka

What of games CENTERED around local play, ex: Timesplitters? Are you insisting that splitscreen isn't essential which such games?

?? is this PC game (never heard of it)? or a representative of certain major genre of PC games?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

ftfy.

[QUOTE="teardropmina"]

[QUOTE="Zaral_1"]

Socijalisticka

tru friends bring their 50 lb computer to your house even though you are the one with the gaming laptop

i thought casuals couldn't be friends with superior pc gamers

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Socijalisticka

?? is this PC game (never heard of it)? or a representative of certain major genre of PC games?

teardropmina

A previous generation console series, I was merely emphasising the necessity of splitscreen for console games. If you're speaking specifically of PC gaming then my mistake. As for Timesplitters, the games are focused around local play, with a plethora of game modes, custom mapmaking, and bots. The exclusion of splitscreen would kill the series.

tru friends bring their 50 lb computer to your house even though you are the one with the gaming laptop

i thought casuals couldn't be friends with superior pc gamers

JigglyWiggly_

It's understandable if your intent is to establish a LAN party, but for a few friends I'd rather adhere to online play or bring over some controllers for console splitscreen. That's pretty much the only benefit to consoles, at least for previous generations.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I have no interest for split screen on my computer, if i did i would just switch on my consoles *vomits*

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JigglyWiggly_

I have no interest for split screen on my computer, if i did i would just switch on my consoles *vomits*

BattleSpectre
every cool person has a sega genesis
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

JigglyWiggly_

every cool person has a sega genesis

I guess i'm not cool :(

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Zaral_1
Ofcourse PC's don't lack in power. There is no call for Split Screen on PC, so it's wasted resources and time.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Because putting resources into a feature that 1/100 people will utilize is a stupid idea.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Split/screen market has moved on to consoles, and if you ask me there is where it belongs. C'mon sue me.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
I have 3 PCs always set up in my room for LANing yet I still would like split screen in my games. There's no reason not to have it on multiplats that have it on consoles. Unless the PC isn't strong enough. and come on the resources devoted to a game for split screen that already has it on the consoles is miniscule in the grand scheme of game development. I guess hermits are lacking in friends.
ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

coz PC gamers are foreveralones who never have anyone over anywayz LOL!!

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Because splitscreen is something you do on a TV, on a couch with a bunch of controllers, with a console that is very easy to develop that sort of thing for and an audience way more accepting of split screen then PC gamers.

I mean, it's not like PC gamers are falling over themselves begging for the inclusion of splitscreen in their games, while splitscreen in general used to only exist (and was invented on) consoles, while it's started to fall out of favor with game creators on the whole in favor of online multiplayer.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I personally would enjoy some splitscreen on the pc, but devs won't add it because it's so underused on the pc there is virtually no market for it and thus a waste of resources. A shame really, imagine what kind of splitscreen you could have with the power of a gaming rig. And it would be a nice change from the usual LAN / online play. Just without a couch, which does kinda suck.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

Split screen is relic from when you couldn't play console games online. Never been a need or demand for it from pc gamers.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaral_1"]

with_teeth26

There are a few games that exist that prove split screen can work on the PC. Serious Sam 3, Dirt 2, Trackmania 2...

Ill add L4d even though its not native. also eyefinity 2 screens is awsome for splitscreen games

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

There is a couple reasons

PC doesn't have demand for it

PC monitors are smaller than an average tv

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

Zaral_1
Yea, split-screen is lame. It's effin hugely lame. Wanting split-screen is also lame, as defined by the 'How to be Lame Handbook'.
killasaur2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killasaur2112
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaral_1"]

JKnaperek

Yea, split-screen is lame. It's effin hugely lame. Wanting split-screen is also lame, as defined by the 'How to be Lame Handbook'.

you tried too hard there man, 4/10

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

Gearbox has instructions on how to get splitscreen in BL2 PC

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I am use to no split screen on PC. What I want to know is why no split screen on consoles this gen. At least not on PS3. I have 15 games and only Tekken 6 has local multiplayer.

Sorry, forgot I was in the PC forums. Thought I was in SW.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#41 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Because we've moved on since then lol
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Last person I heard say that was an aspy lol

PC gaming doesn't have to be antisocial just because u r

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]split screen is for poor peopleKHAndAnime

Last person I heard say that was an aspy lol

PC gaming doesn't have to be antisocial just because u r

what is apsy? asbergers?
what did zubin say about autistic people
nm i'd get banned
dat

ps pc gaming doesn't have to be antisocial

tell them to bring their rig

and have amazing quake live TDM party/clan arena/duel.

All the quakers want me to LAN with them. They just want my anus, I can feel it.

here look

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6487q_sk-rapha-at-eswc-masters_videogames

this is super old, when rapha was new.

or zero4

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x62tmp_sk-zero4-at-eswc-masters-in-paris_videogames