Why my Pc Hiccups?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarwanMazen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MarwanMazen
Member since 2010 • 113 Posts

Hey guys, hows it going. My pc has a bad case of hiccups. IT doesnt happen too often, but when it does it annoys me. By hiccup i mean it freezes for like 10 seconds then goes back to being normal. I know there could be many reasons for that happening, but could anyone run me through how to find out what is the exact cause and how i can track and stop it. Thanks

BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BDK-Soft
Member since 2009 • 795 Posts
Does it happen when you play games or just randomly? Anyway for random hiccups Process Explorer is great. It can check which process/service is making the system hang for a few moments but it can be a pain to setup properly.
Avatar image for deactivated-61898903867d0
deactivated-61898903867d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-61898903867d0
Member since 2003 • 545 Posts

Have you tried defragmentation of your hard drive/s?

Try Defraggler free defrag software - http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

Jordanserg31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Jordanserg31
Member since 2009 • 323 Posts

The Problem is that something is wrong with your HDD, its caused by a faulty file. What was the Last thing that you did on it? Did you have a Blackout at all?

Avatar image for deactivated-61898903867d0
deactivated-61898903867d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-61898903867d0
Member since 2003 • 545 Posts

The Problem is that something is wrong with your HDD, its caused by a faulty file. What was the Last thing that you did on it? Did you have a Blackout at all?

Jordanserg31

As Jordanserg pointed out could be faulty file, Have you ran Checkdisk?

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

I'm thinking possible virus running 100% of your CPU/ram usage to bad sector in hard-drive or Deeply fragmented hard-drive.

To get rid of viruses is alot of preference but here are my steps (could have better options out there offcourse)

• Make sure all cookies, cache files on your web browser are deleted. (control+shift+del in firefox)
  • Download Malwarebytes Anti- Malware from Cnet
  • Use whatever anti-virus program you have and do a scan with that and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • If you are certain its not a virus then harddrive repairs might help
  • Start/programfiles/Accessories/System Tools Disk Cleanup
  • Start/programfiles/Accessories/System Tools Disk Degrament
  • Go to My computer, right click on your harddrive Properties/ Tools tab then select Error Checking.
MarwanMazen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarwanMazen

Ironically it has NEVER occurred in a game other than once today, but i bet there was something specific there since it really has froze a 100 times(my pc) and only one of those 100 was a game.

Yes, now you got me thinking its my hard disk. I'm almost positive. I'm a multi tasker by nature, ha. This is how it usually happens. Im on the browser, with atleast 3-4 tabs; tab freezes, i go to the other tab it works for 2 seconds then it freezes, i alt tab and go to any other open program, let's say catalyst ai and it freezes, then my whole taskbar is inaccessible. Thing is, i used to be able to do things like that before. Any hints, as for now, i'll start checking the hard disk, which is divided into different partitions, will that hinder my checking in any way?

holypro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 holypro
Member since 2009 • 275 Posts

well you lucky i got my 2000 bucks gaming pc from a local hardware store

and yeah it gets the blue screen of death every time i try to play a flash vidio in fullscreen or play a game

so i sent it in for repair and all they did was just wipe my hard drive clean so i sent it back and they freaking lost the pc so i waited 5 weeks before they found it and its still BROKEN!!!! gonna go over there today and and i am pretty pissed

and on that hard drive they wiped i had my xna game i hadnt anybackup on it so yeah those months of hardwork is gone :(

i feel stupid

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Does an error message pop up at all? My laptop used to freeze, the screen would go black then it would come back and say "display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered".
MarwanMazen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MarwanMazen

nope, nothing.

Jordanserg31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jordanserg31
Member since 2009 • 323 Posts

when you load your PC, does it go to the Alternate Start menu?

Safe Mode
Start windows Normally

ETC.

MarwanMazen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarwanMazen

No it doesnt. Heres my problem I THINK.I need to check all the drives together(after each other). Because i can only check one partition at a time. Then i'm forced to restart to check another, and then another. If i can somehow check all of them i think i'll be good to go. Having said that, is there a "better" check disk utility than windows.