Why is StreetFighter the only fighter on PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cs_mp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 cs_mp
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts
There are many other better fighters, yet StreetFighter is the only one on PC. Is it that hard for studios to realize that PC's can run fighters better and maybe, just maybe have two gamepad's plugged into the many USB ports that PC's come with these days? We need Tekken, DOA, Soul Caliber and/or any other good fighters that the consoles have... There is no reason for this to currently be a problem.
yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts
cuz PC gamers don't care about it and i think the best place for Fighting games is the arcade :D
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Because PC gamers have Mugen.

Mugen > all fighting games.

ironman388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ironman388
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

pelvist

that has to be a joke.

also PC has access to the BEST fighting games. they are played through emulators, but they are THE BEST. street fighter 3 3rd strike, king of fighters 98 and 2002, sf2, ssf2, ssf2t, sfa3, sfa2, mvc and basically everything. also you can play them online with the ggpo program and get a very good connection. also why would you want any of those three fighters? they suck. the reason why we dont see fighting games is because the good ones (street fighter, vs series, snk fighters like king of fighters and neogeo battle colosseum) require VERY VERY strict timings. specifically, some combos need a button to be pressed 1/60 of a second after the move before (called a link), therefore even the speed of light isn't fast enough to send the signal to your opponent and back in 1/60th of a second. that is why it is best played in arcades or at friends houses. the internet is only good enough to a certain extent and any combo can be done online, it is just that you have to make up for the 3frame minimum lag and you would have to change your timings during the match to compensate for the lag. street fighter 4 is better than any of the games you listed so be happy we get that at least. the best fighters were made pre2000 save for a few like cvs2, kof2002, sf4 series, and some other snk games however they are in arcades.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
because Japanese developers are not PC supporter Don't know but i hope capcom will port Super Street Fighter and MVC3 to PC (I may be wrong though)
ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts
how i wish tekken 6 is on the pc..T_T
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
PC is best platform for fighting games IMO.
Silent_Raven92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Silent_Raven92
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

The main reason you don't find many fighting games on the pc is because the keyboard layout isn't always the most satisfying. At least, that's what I'd presume.

And StreetFighter is hardly the only fighter on pc; several of the mortal kombat games are on it, Blazblue Contiuum Shift is on it, uhhh... Soul Calibur isn't.. but..

.. Sorry, I don't even KNOW any other fighting series XD

Oh.. excpet Dead of Alive. But I forget what that's on :/

Avatar image for barney_calhoun_
barney_calhoun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 barney_calhoun_
Member since 2006 • 3887 Posts
Blaz blue is on pc too i think
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Melty Blood /thread
grafficsak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 grafficsak
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts

I got Blazblue Cont Shift and Guilty Gear X2 on PC, along with SF4. Fighting games on PC exist, just not marketed the way you would like.

ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts
oh..there's a GG X2 on the pc? erghhh.i havent been looking at the right place lately..
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Needs more dead or alive 4, Dead or alive is the only good fighting game because it is about skillaz, not remember button combos.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime
Needs more dead or alive 4, Dead or alive is the only good fighting game because it is about skillaz, not remember button combos.JigglyWiggly_
Yea, SF4 has some pretty complicated button combos... :P
mouseheart0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mouseheart0601
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
Many 2d FTG have PC version such as Guilty Gear series and blue blaze.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Its bad enough to play fighting games at home with a gamepad, but to play with a keyboard is insulting.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KHAndAnime

Its bad enough to play fighting games at home with a gamepad, but to play with a keyboard is insulting.

JangoWuzHere
That's why you play with a stick, at your PC. :)
mouseheart0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mouseheart0601
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
There are some advantages for the PC FTGs... Many people like to play it with their sons/fathers/brothers or while they are having a party. And maybe they don't have XB or PS.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
The Tekken series got bad after 3. I would kill for a Soulcalibur game on PC though. But for now I'm happy with Street Fighter IV and Blazblue. And hopefully MvC3 in the future :D
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pelvist

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

ironman388

that has to be a joke.

also PC has access to the BEST fighting games. they are played through emulators, but they are THE BEST. street fighter 3 3rd strike, king of fighters 98 and 2002, sf2, ssf2, ssf2t, sfa3, sfa2, mvc and basically everything. also you can play them online with the ggpo program and get a very good connection. also why would you want any of those three fighters? they suck. the reason why we dont see fighting games is because the good ones (street fighter, vs series, snk fighters like king of fighters and neogeo battle colosseum) require VERY VERY strict timings. specifically, some combos need a button to be pressed 1/60 of a second after the move before (called a link), therefore even the speed of light isn't fast enough to send the signal to your opponent and back in 1/60th of a second. that is why it is best played in arcades or at friends houses. the internet is only good enough to a certain extent and any combo can be done online, it is just that you have to make up for the 3frame minimum lag and you would have to change your timings during the match to compensate for the lag. street fighter 4 is better than any of the games you listed so be happy we get that at least. the best fighters were made pre2000 save for a few like cvs2, kof2002, sf4 series, and some other snk games however they are in arcades.

No, thats not a joke.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

KHAndAnime

The amount of people how have a fighting stick on PC is very low.
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts
The next fighting game that will be released for pc is BlazBlue calamity trigger. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/24/blazblue-calamity-trigger-throws-down-on-pc-august-26/ It will have crossplatform play with 360 and of course it will be the bset version. There are not any news about SSF4 or Teken VS SF pc versions yet, but i can tell you there is huge demand for SSF4 PC version on Capcom forums and many other forums. Last time i chkecked capcom forums people threat to not BUY ANY MORE CAPCOM GAMES IF CAPCOM DONT RELEASE SSF4 on PC. Yes and one of these people who decided to not buy any more capcom games(he is prefers console gaming but he plays on pc too) is my friend.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Be thankful that at least we got Street Fighter :P
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts

pelvist
Dude, I love, and I mean LOVE your signature. *Hats off
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

The amount of people how have a fighting stick on PC is very low.

I know people who do it. I play against them online all the time. But then again I play with relatively high-level players (not top tier, but high).
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Because fighting games are historically linked to arcade saloons, and the main developers to this kind of machines were traditionally Japanese companies. And due the decay of this kind of machines seems like western developers will not try to fill the hole of the genre en PC, which means that the only chance to increase the roster of PC fighting games is to expect that Capcom, Namco, Sega... will port they titles. Which usually doesn't happen.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Melty Blood, Silly. Thats on PC and has been for a while.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pelvist

Why thankyou :)

sozar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 sozar
Member since 2003 • 428 Posts

There are many other better fighters, yet StreetFighter is the only one on PC..cs_mp

and I heard they didn't make Super Street Fighter IV for PC because the nudity mods for the Street Fighter IV =)