Which MMO should i get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crispenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Crispenz
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts

I have finally finished WoW and im wondering which MMO to start next. I got to level 80 and epiced out so i kind of felt like i have done everything. Im trying to choose between Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, and Aion Online which comes out in Sepember. Ive really been looking into Aion's story, classes, combat, and the world itself and it looks pretty sweet. Although I am a little reluctant because it is made by NC soft and they made Lineage 2 which i think is ablosultey terrible. So which should i choose. thx

sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sn4k3_64
Member since 2007 • 1134 Posts

Well from my past experiences of pc gaming, i really enjoyed Guild Wars. I thought it had absolutely awesome pvp, the pve wasnt bad either, but im not really into pve as much :P. Also, once you get through the guild wars campaign, there are 3 other expansions available that add on to the game seamlessly. I quit guild wars though, i just became too addicted to it lol. Its really immersive too, the armour and weapons are very cool, and once you get into a nice guild it can be really cool. My favourite experiences were PvP'ing with people, there's lots of tactics and team work for spikes and what not, it was awesome :). So my advice, give Guild Wars a go! Seriously, i think you'll really enjoy it!

Crispenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Crispenz

it has a campain? so it ends?

cowmooson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 cowmooson
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

Just like you I reached 80 in Wow and epiced out and needed a new MMORPG. Well I quit wow and went half a year without an MMO. Recently I came across Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. It's a great game. Unlike WoW it is PvP dominate rather than PvE. Even though I am playing WAR I will still give AION a shot but I would recommend playing WAR utnil AION comes out. WAR requires some better computer hardware though so be sure to look up the system requirements and be sure you can rune it. On top of that the servers are just bad and its pretty laggy in some parts of the game but its a great game. Have fun.

sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 sn4k3_64
Member since 2007 • 1134 Posts

No it doesnt just end...there a various campaigns which are from the expansions i.e nightfall, eye of the north etc..Plus if u finish the campaign(s), then PvP will keep u entertained for a long time im sure. Plus they update and give more quests etc..

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts

Guild wars... get the collection edition, you get all campaigns and the expansion for very cheap, and no monthly fee. I tried WOW, LOTRO and am currently playing WAR, but GW is the best IMO.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Guild wars... get the collection edition, you get all campaigns and the expansion for very cheap, and no monthly fee. I tried WOW, LOTRO and am currently playing WAR, but GW is the best IMO.

siafni

GW has nothing on any of those games, EXCEPT PvP compared to LOTRO. Guild Wars is fun for about a month, but then it just gets so boring and there is nothing to do. Theres content but it can easily be cleared. Overall, I would say for PvP go to WAR, for leveling and immersion/roleplaying go to LOTRO, and for everything else go for WoW. Guild Wars is a good game, but it's not in the MMORPG league. It's still just an online cut-down rpg.

Crispenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crispenz

i never really was into pvp when i played WoW. i mainly just did instances with my guild. so would LoTR be the best choice or should i wait for Aion.

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts

[QUOTE="siafni"]

shakmaster13

GW has nothing on any of those games, EXCEPT PvP compared to LOTRO. Guild Wars is fun for about a month, but then it just gets so boring and there is nothing to do. Theres content but it can easily be cleared. Overall, I would say for PvP go to WAR, for leveling and immersion/roleplaying go to LOTRO, and for everything else go for WoW. Guild Wars is a good game, but it's not in the MMORPG league. It's still just an online cut-down rpg.

You got bored after a month, that doesn't mean he's going to. I played it for a year and a half non stop (and didn't play anything else).
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#10 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Guild Wars is a good game but it's not like a true MMO like WoW. I'd probably try that new Aion game I guess. Warhammer is decent, nothing great though. Same with Age of Conan.

The_Broken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Broken
Member since 2004 • 232 Posts
Aion is a fun game. I won a beta slot and played it last week. I am definitely putting wow to the side for a bit for this game.
NauthiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NauthiX
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

I have finally finished WoW and im wondering which MMO to start next. I got to level 80 and epiced out so i kind of felt like i have done everything. Im trying to choose between Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, and Aion Online which comes out in Sepember. Ive really been looking into Aion's story, classes, combat, and the world itself and it looks pretty sweet. Although I am a little reluctant because it is made by NC soft and they made Lineage 2 which i think is ablosultey terrible. So which should i choose. thx

Crispenz
I'm in the Aion beta. It's pretty damn good.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"]

[QUOTE="siafni"]

siafni

You got bored after a month, that doesn't mean he's going to. I played it for a year and a half non stop (and didn't play anything else).

That explains it. You can't go from WoW to guild wars and expect it to be amazing. IDK why, but GW doesn't have the same appeal that MMORPS do.

Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

For PvE, play LOTRO. For PvP/RvR, play Aion.

Luisinhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Luisinhoo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I definitely recommend Guild Wars. Lots of fun and lots of gameplay hours, plus PvP
Luisinhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Luisinhoo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I definitely recommend Guild Wars. Lots of fun and lots of gameplay hours, plus PvP