What's your take on the Mann Co?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

My friends and I basically left TF2 (partially for WoW) but also mainly because a micro-transaction system was put in place. What's your take on the Mann Co? Has it broken the game? Do you support it? Should it never have come into existence? Has it benefitted the game?

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts
I'm not a big fan but I can understand that Valve needs to continue to make a profit of the game if they are going to continue supporting it.
cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

Well, I don't buy anything from it, but the things in mann co are just cosmetics like hats and skins for other guns.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23917 Posts

While it is not gamebreaking in the slightest, it did somehow destroy my remaining interest in the game. The 288 page of the VGCats comic tells me how I feel about it quite a bit, do not click if you are younger than 18, contains bad words and a horrifying image of Gabe Newell.

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

Yeah, TF2 is getting kind of old now. Valve needs to hurry up with Portal 2.

Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

I don't mind it because you can get everything in game without buying it.

I'd also say it's helping Valve to produce further games, but I really don't think that was necessary seeing as they run Steam.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

While it is not gamebreaking in the slightest, it did somehow destroy my remaining interest in the game. The 288 page of the VGCats comic tells me how I feel about it quite a bit, do not click if you are younger than 18, contains bad words and a horrifying image of Gabe Newell.

Maroxad
Hahaha that was very funny, thank you! :D Also, it's really sad that TF2 is... dying, so to speak? I figured it would be one of those games that sort of lasts "forever," like Counter-Strike or Halo. I had so much fun with the game a while back. I should try it out again.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

TF2 is not dead or dying at all, as good as ever imo.

I dont mind MANN Co at all because you can get those items while you just play the game. Also I think its cool that modders get to make some money on the items they have made or hats. Doesnt bother me one bit, dont buy anythign if you dont want to, just play the game and you get a godo amount of items.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I'm not a big fan but I can understand that Valve needs to continue to make a profit of the game if they are going to continue supporting it. Mazoch

This, it's also nice that they give some of the money to the community members that made the content.

That being said, some of the things like the dueling minigame and gifting being exclusive store content is annoying. Especially when you get a random item drop in the game and it's useless unless you spend money. That's the kind of crap that annoys me in a game I already paid for.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Mazoch"]I'm not a big fan but I can understand that Valve needs to continue to make a profit of the game if they are going to continue supporting it. metroidfood

This, it's also nice that they give some of the money to the community members that made the content.

That being said, some of the things like the dueling minigame and gifting being exclusive store content is annoying. Especially when you get a random item drop in the game and it's useless unless you spend money. That's the kind of crap that annoys me in a game I already paid for.

the only real exclusive is the crate keys. I got a random Dueling Minigame drop today :)
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

TF2 was much better when people had to EARN new weapons and hats and other items were rare and exotic. The store itself hasn't really ruined much of the game at all, except making it easier to flood the game with new items - it's these new items (weapons, hats, crates/keys, paint etc) which have ruined the game. The artsyle is ruined and the weapons and their stats are uninspired and do very little to the game except saturate it with pointless options. Half of my classes have almost vanilla loadouts, and I admit I have used paint (only white though) as well as bought keys for crates, but I still think that the game ain't what it used to be.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
It's simply a way to earn a few more bucks, you can either spend money on it or don't, since it doesn't really affect the gameplay then it shouldn't matter.
pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

TF2 is not dead or dying at all, as good as ever imo.

I dont mind MANN Co at all because you can get those items while you just play the game. Also I think its cool that modders get to make some money on the items they have made or hats. Doesnt bother me one bit, dont buy anythign if you dont want to, just play the game and you get a godo amount of items.

kozzy1234

You have pretty much covered my thoughts on what I wanted to say on this topic. I also think its cool that users can submit intresting items and get a share of the money. I have not bought anything yet and the game is still rocking as ever.

Here are my thoughts just on mann co though. I feel the weapons are still balanced some more than others maybe but it hasn't affected the game negatively. I do think the prices for the items don't represent value for me but people are buying. Items bought from the store aren't tradeable but I guess that would hurt purchases. I do find stuff like paint and name tags not my thing but its there for choice like everything.

Oh and crates my word I have crates loads of crates but not a single key. I know what they want me to do:P I would prefer if the frequency of crates were maybe rather lowered and I rather take the chance of getting a random item that I don't have or simply crafting it if its the same, but overall none of this really matters hugely to me, I'm still enjoying the game just as much since day one.

Didn't Valve say TF2 was a game they could experiment ideas with and take chances with and if things didn't work they could change to fix it, to date it hasn't hurt the game imo.

ModernMenace98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ModernMenace98
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts
think its stupid with real money.
contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
After three years of releasing free updates and never charging a dime the moment they do as an OPTION not a requirement for the item people cry foul? Also you can donate to modders as well and every item their you can find and/or make yourself. Seriously how much would you be charged if this game was run by Activision? I for one believe people are just being their normal stupid selves. Damn cattle God/evolution gave you a brain use it.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

After three years of releasing free updates and never charging a dime the moment they do as an OPTION not a requirement for the item people cry foul? Also you can donate to modders as well and every item their you can find and/or make yourself. Seriously how much would you be charged if this game was run by Activision? I for one believe people are just being their normal stupid selves. Damn cattle God/evolution gave you a brain use it.contaminated
I agree. This game has had massive amounts of support and as even been sold for extremely cheap. How many other games have been sold for $2? The fact that they would like to make some money on a entirely optional venture is completely fine and totally understandable.

I mean most companies don't support their games to this extent and other companies don't support their game unless the game is broken because of hacks. Yet those other companies have been asking for more cash for their games.

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
i vote BS ruined the game for me ...
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I find it quite hillarious and very enjoyable that it ruins the game for others.
XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

Valve has been giving you free updates since launch and then they release an OPTIONAL store that doesn't affect gameplay at all and you get mad? I don't get it. Plus royalties are given to modders who made weapons and you can donate to map makers so its all good.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I don't mind it, I've only ever used it once though to buy a Prussian Pickelhaube.