Whats the best pc racing game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

I bought a DFGT for GT5 and its absolutely amazing for that game. But I just downloaded Shift 2 for PC and uninstalled after 5 minutes. What POS that game is. Arcadey floaty ass handling and all that garbage. No feedback on the wheel either.

But anyways whats a good racing game preferrably sim type to recommend for PC?

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

GTR2, I think its a little hard to find, but I've heard that its great. Other SimBin games are good aswell.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I bought a DFGT for GT5 and its absolutely amazing for that game. But I just downloaded Shift 2 for PC and uninstalled after 5 minutes. What POS that game is. Arcadey floaty ass handling and all that garbage. No feedback on the wheel either.

blues35301
Downloaded as in bought Digitally of course??? Anyway, your fault for buying a Need for Speed game and expecting a simulator. (should have feedback on the wheel though) I had tons of fun with GRID.... it's a bit arcadey and a bit simulator and imo perfect balance...
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

I don't really know as I don't play racing games...But GTR 2 isn't that a simulator?

Also I'm pretty sure there are Shift mods to make it more of a simulator...You should have looked for Shift 2 mods I'm sure they exist.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

GTR Evo, Race On, STCC 2, anyway the SimBin games are like a big family, they all connect, giving you access to a lot of cars, events, tracks.

gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gaurav24988
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts

burnout paradise

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Anything Simbin makes. They make GT5 look like Flatout.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
iRacing is unbeatable, IMO. I also have a DFGT and the feedback on the wheel is fantastic in that. Also the game itself is amazing. The tracks are all laser-scanned, so they have the most accurate representations of the tracks than any other game. The driving model is excellent, I believe they just updated the tire model. And the competition online is pretty fierce.. not sure how they do their netcode, but you can race inches from someone's bumper lap after lap without touching.
urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

I only own GRID, have not finished it but so far so good. My nominees are;

• GRID
  • F1 2010 (hear its good and has some of the best weather graphics effects in a racing game) I'm gonna try to get it when steam sales comes up.
blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts
[QUOTE="blues35301"]

FelipeInside
Downloaded as in bought Digitally of course??? Anyway, your fault for buying a Need for Speed game and expecting a simulator. (should have feedback on the wheel though) I had tons of fun with GRID.... it's a bit arcadey and a bit simulator and imo perfect balance...

Yeah I got it from the EA site and was pretty pissed with it. Reviews said it was a mix of arcadish and sim and EA hyped it as a big time sim game. Fell for it. I just wanted a good looking current gen PC racer. On this site it was only .5 of a point lower than GT5 but GT5 has the best driving physics and road feel ever in a game which is why review scores are a bit misleading.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
The GT series has nothing of what you say, if you want realistic games, you considered the wrong game as being the best.
Freynow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Freynow
Member since 2010 • 82 Posts

DIRT 2 is a decent racing game yet I can't claim that it's the best racing game. Oh and avoid Blur :)

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

I dont always play racing games but when i do, i prefer Need for Speed.

Stay thirsty my friends.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

DIRT 2 is a decent racing game yet I can't claim that it's the best racing game. Oh and avoid Blur :)

Freynow
Is Blur bad overall, or are u just saying to avoid since its Arcadey and he's not looking for that, but rather a sim like experience