What you think about F.E.A.R.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

machtaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 machtaman
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
This good game at all.
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

everything about the game is oriented towards combat

the weapons look and sound perfect, the ai is awesome and works together in squads effectively in a way that will surprise people who played the game at time of release, the visuals are astounding - as are the visual effects such as explosions and slow motion

the combat is fast paced and brutal and fun, and thanks to being able to kick, it's far easier to feel like you're a highly trained soldier whose entire body is a weapon, instead of having to wait a 2 second delay while you pull a knife out, like in most other shooters

the only real problem i had with the game was the horror, it was tired and predictable and cliché - it wasn't bad, just it wasn't very good

if you don't enjoy the combat though, you really have no reason to like fear - but if you do, you have ever reason to love it

awesome game, glad i played it 

nikita_acid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nikita_acid
Member since 2005 • 1743 Posts
great game, loved it!
ryan_returns29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 ryan_returns29
Member since 2006 • 3191 Posts
I loved the game, the gameplay style I thought was fantastic, when some people believe otherwise. I loved how it had the transitions between the two styles, the 'scary' parts and 'shooting' parts, the game really captivated me and it always will. I also loved how it was straight-forward, nothing advanced, just shooting your way through an adventure. The slo-mo feature I think was awesome, made the gameplay really fun and exciting because you could run out and shoot everyone whilst they are still turning around to shoot at you. F.E.A.R. is my opinion is an excellent game and no PC gamer should miss it.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
graphics still good today (i mean hey, that game came out in 2005 - it's 2 years old), effects with slo mo are amazing, computers' soldiers AI is damn good - instead of running the whole place in circles they just jump through obstacles, instead of entering the room as in most FPS - they just jump through the rooms' window - how cool is that? , gameplay is great - fast action FPS, story is good and all along the singleplayer the game is creepy - never saw a game that was that creepy - well it's not scrary just so creepy that you'll shiver from it, multiplayer is a god damn bonus for me - i mean you can download it for free + the multiplayer ROCKS.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
This good game at all.machtaman
it's free for the multiplayer for us pc folk so i guess it wasn't tooken that well
maccaaccam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 maccaaccam
Member since 2004 • 630 Posts
i think everything about it was great. except for the cheap scares it used at the begining of the game. that flash of a dead head, just lame.
AlexRadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlexRadu
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
i got a question for u guys... i'd rly like to play fear and not only ( i wanan play stalker also and maybe hl2) but i cant... i got this scarce of playing games with monsters, dead little girls appearing behind you >_> irradiated people with some sort of gasmask on they're head that crawl up walls etc. is FEAR that horrorific ?! besides that little girl :| oh and what about extraction point :)
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
i got a question for u guys... i'd rly like to play fear and not only ( i wanan play stalker also and maybe hl2) but i cant... i got this scarce of playing games with monsters, dead little girls appearing behind you >_> irradiated people with some sort of gasmask on they're head that crawl up walls etc. is FEAR that horrorific ?! besides that little girl :| oh and what about extraction point :)AlexRadu
HL2 doesn't really have that many Monsters but Counter Strike is fun FPS without any Crazy Monster fights.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Try out the demo. FEAR is an amazing game.. i didn't find it scary in the least and while the story was ok.. the primary aspect which will keep you playing is the combat. It's just AWESOME! Fighting through offices watching bullets whiz around and debris fly from everywhere.. its just something you have to see. The slow mo is perfect for this game and watching an enemy soldier fly back through a pane of glass from a shotgun in slowmo never gets old. Neither does watching grenades going off. If you like FPS games you'll love FEAR.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
I think it's pretty good. Just play it at night with minimum lights and crank up the volume.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

Fear's campaign is short and it's online community is pretty lacking.

I didn't really find the game that scary, but I'm also the guy that says "you guys stay here I'm gonna go see what that noise was".

hoket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hoket
Member since 2005 • 232 Posts
the game is good, in fact, i had a nightmare about it a few nights ago... and i havent played the game since about 2 weeks after its release. the game its self was not as scary as everyone claims it is, but its worth playing none the less.
Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sushbag88
Member since 2005 • 403 Posts
Why was this thread created? The game has been out forever.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Why was this thread created? The game has been out forever. Sushbag88
So what?
MicroM336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MicroM336
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts
A lot of people couldn't play it when it came out anyway, or at lest not in a way that is worth while.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
i got a question for u guys... i'd rly like to play fear and not only ( i wanan play stalker also and maybe hl2) but i cant... i got this scarce of playing games with monsters, dead little girls appearing behind you >_> irradiated people with some sort of gasmask on they're head that crawl up walls etc. is FEAR that horrorific ?! besides that little girl :| oh and what about extraction point :)AlexRadu
F.E.A.R. isn't a horror game at all , it's creppy one, you'll feel shivering during the game but still you want to play and find out how the story continues
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
I am glad to hear that F.E.A.R isn't that scary. I might play it one of these days...and horror games don't go so well with me. I can watch tons of horror movies, but horror games, that's a different story...
FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts
Everything about FEAR is awesome... There, said my opinion :D
freak_c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freak_c
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts
I am still playing it and near the end. Only got it recently. It's one of the best FPS's I've played in a long time. I loved it so real, the combats, AI, the scenery all of it. The horror as well, not just in your face but creepy and mind F%@$king.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
It's a great game, awesome AI and I like it. :)
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#22 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
This good game at all.machtaman
One of the best games ever made. People complain about the lack of variety in the levels and straightforwardness. The levels never bothered me, in fact I like how they tied into each other. The game would have felt disjointed if the player would have been in an office building and the next thing you know, he's going through a spooky forest (Gamespot's idea). Also, the combat is simply some of the best in any shooter to date. It's just a beautiful ballet of death and destruction. And the AI? No game has yet come even close to F.E.A.R.'s AI IMHO.
tukkertje1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 tukkertje1992
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Fear is the best game ever and pretty creepy too in the dark. I shot at everything that i saw. Sometimes it was my shadow or a dead guy lying on the floor or falling from above. Really cool
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Best pure combat in a PC FPS ever. Level design is built to accent the AI. Awesome AI. Everything is built for the combat to be better.

Very recommended.

FortisEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FortisEM
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

Definitely unique. The replay isn't the greatest but it still will last you a long time, all things considered.