What year did you get into PC gaming?

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PDR60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By PDR60
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

Oh man, back in the mid 90's. I remember playing the original Command and Conquer, then Starcraft, and Diablo. I even built a new pc to play Half-Life with windows 98SE. It was fun going to CompUSA to buy games and all kinds of stuff. I still have the Half-life launch party T-shirt that CompUSA gave out. Fun times.....

Did anybody ever play the text based star trek main frame game from the late 70's? It was fun as well as some adventure game I don't remember the name of.

johnnyenglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153 johnnyenglish
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

The first pc game i really played was Diablo 2 when it first came out in 2000.

I was hooked son!

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

1987 on my cousin's Commodore 64.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

I was born in early 1989. I remember playing on the PC since I remember myself. Commander keen from the first one, dune 2, Falcon 3.0, team 17's forgotten racer Overdrive(which I knew as just "Over"), nascar racing, and some others I do not remember the names of. These are the earliest I remember.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#156 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

Dabbled in PC and console gaming from 1994-1996 (mostly over at friends consoles and PC's). I would officially say 1996 when my parents got our first PC. Started with shareware (you don't hear that anymore ;)) with games like Wolfenstein 3D, Hocus Pocus, Wacky Wheels, Rise of the Triad, Blake Stone. Then got full version games like Spear of Destiny, Raptor and later made the jump to 3D gaming with Duke Nukem 3D and Quake (which ironically was the year when both those games came out, the same year we got our first PC). Haven't looked back. Have consoles for games but it's mostly used as an entertainment system (ie to play Blu-ray Movies on my PS3).

@warmblur said:

Just curious when did everybody start PC gaming I got hooked back in 2005. I wish I got into it earlier though I feel like PC golden age was the late 90's to 07. Then after Crysis we lost our AAA PC exclusives which sucks but PC gaming is still great.

You got that right. That was the golden age. Essentially anything after that got "consolized". Still going through and playing those games from that era. Just shows how amazing those times were in the PC Gaming World.

Avatar image for grizlzycapybara
GrizlzyCapybara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GrizlzyCapybara
Member since 2018 • 26 Posts

Well, I got into PC gaming in secondary school. Doom, Warcraft, Duke Nukem. A year or two before I graduated from school I started playing my first MMORPG Lineage 2. Thirteen years have passed and I'm still playing Lineage, now in its Classic version on Skelth (official European server).

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

1993 I think

Playing Star Wars Rebel Assault with a flight stick at a buddies house blew my mind and I immediately started saving for a pc. Back then the visuals and cd quality audio really made me feel like I was IN the Star Wars universe. Ahhhh the good old days.

Argento7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Argento7
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

It was either 1993 or early 1994. First pc was a desktop that my dad had a guy build for his work. Remember playing Microsoft flight simulator and Doom, Quake and Descent. Later played Star Craft and also remember hooking my friends computer up to mine and playing Command & Conquer Red Alert against each other and War Craft 2.

pawnrespawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By pawnrespawn
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

It was a great journey. I first started off with MS Dos at that time I used to operate a Pentium MMX PC with windows 95 in it. At that time Lion king, POP, Doom2, Alan border cricket and crusader were the top games man. Then hercules, Aladdin, House of the dead, Virtual Cop showed up followed by Age of empires, Warcraft and Dx ball. Later on the whole system changed upgrade after upgrade Mafia, GTA and then finally in the 2007 I got stuck with COD, FIFA, DOTA and Counter Strike. It was a long journey I still play fifa and COD though. I am both a pc gamer and console.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I always worked with computers so when I went home the last thing I wanted to do was sit down in front of another one so never bothered.

I was always a console gamer.

I had a pc I used at home for music, it was fairly old but did everything I needed it to so I kept it. Unfortunately back in 2015 it finally died and I was forced to buy another so planning to keep it a while I specced and built my own.

I think it was the fact it could actually manage games that I slowly began trying it out, I was slightly disappointed with my PS4 and it filled that gap.

Today I tend to buy all my games on it and only buy console exclusives these days.

toztozario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By toztozario
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

Ketenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Ketenks
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

PC gaming is what I got into last! I was console all the way man through Halo 3 but then after that I went PC. From the beginning I thought all pc games were the worst and sucked but now they are the best! haha, I think of mouse FPS as a fine art with respect to the controller.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#173 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

I first played the knights of Legend on an Apple computer with external disk drives using 5 1/4 inch disks back in the late 80's.

loujniki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By loujniki
Member since 2019 • 11 Posts

My first game was GTA and it was in 2010, but why do you ask, i mean what's the purpose?

loujniki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 loujniki

Are you curious?

loujniki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 loujniki

So it was in 2010 when i was 14

loujniki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 loujniki

And my first PC game was GTA

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#178 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

@warmblur: i'd say early/mid 90's. I used to play the mega drive a lot, but when i had my first PC game, i used to play it a lot and over the years, PC games had more in it, more freedom and more entertainment, not to mention, you could actually save your data, on the mega drive, you couldn't, Later on in the late 90's/2000, it was between the playstation and PC. Today its still the same, but i did play more PC during the past few years

kikiserwaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 kikiserwaa
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

90s with Windows 3.1. Had a lot of DOS games when I was young as my 1st game was probably Doom or Wolfenstein 3D

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#182  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Well, although I was playing some PC games (Doom, Beast Wars PC game, Halo: Combat Evolved, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, basic side scrollers, and flash type games), I never had a computer that really had power to play the more performance intensive games til 2010 when I got a Asus G72gx. Since then, I've done a valiant effort to keep up with every technological jump.

Currently though, I'm using a MSI GT72S fully loaded with a 980m to do my gaming. I truthfully bought it because MSI advertised that the damn laptop GPU was upgradeable and I was banking on that to buy a future generation GPU but came to find out that they lied. The 980m hasn't disappointed me yet so I'm keeping it for the time being but do plan on getting another laptop once (if) the 1100x GTX series get released OR if the current generation has a decent price drop....

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#183 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

8 months old thread, locked