Watch Dogs PC System Requirements Revealed Only Support x64 and 8-core and 2GB

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grbnh33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 grbnh33
Member since 2012 • 90 Posts

"The official system requirements for Watch Dogs are quite impressive. However, its about time to reinforce our old PCs in order to enjoy this high-end game.

Ubisoft has 3 different recommendations, Minimum, Recommended and Ultra Specifications, plus it will no longer work on your  32 bit Windows as itll only support 64 bit systems now."

Source

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

smells like bullshit on the cpu requirements

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

wis3boi
This is Ubisoft we're talking about, Assassins Creed managed to run horribly even in towns about 1/10th the size of this games map, I dread to think what this will be like.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

bobbetybob

This is Ubisoft we're talking about, Assassins Creed managed to run horribly even in towns about 1/10th the size of this games map, I dread to think what this will be like.

Not a bad point. ACIII still runs like poo in boston. Funny enough AC2 and Brotherhood run great with much more massive cities

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

Not a bad point. ACIII still runs like poo in boston. Funny enough AC2 and Brotherhood run great with much more massive cities

With according to AC3, I think it totally depends on CPU. I could hardly run the game on a Quad Core until I upgraded to an i7 and it ran smooth and flawless all the way through (my work one also is an i7 with a weaker video card and had no issues in Boston).
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It only supports x64 processors. Nowhere does it say it needs a 8-core processor.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Who even has an 8 core these days? Arent 8 cores usually in lame AMD processors? You know, the ones that never bench well? Wtf is this? I mean, from GTAV you see that a PC could easily max that game and I dont think Watchdogs in any different. It doesnt look THAT visually impressive.
blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
I've needed to upgrade a long time ago anyway
RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

bobbetybob

That was because games like Assassin's Creed 3 would only max out one CPU core while the others are barely utilized.

It wasn't because the towns were demanding.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"] This is Ubisoft we're talking about, Assassins Creed managed to run horribly even in towns about 1/10th the size of this games map, I dread to think what this will be like.FelipeInside

With according to AC3, I think it totally depends on CPU. I could hardly run the game on a Quad Core until I upgraded to an i7 and it ran smooth and flawless all the way through (my work one also is an i7 with a weaker video card and had no issues in Boston).

It runs well enough, but it's not Source, Frostbite, or even some games on Unreal. The AnvilNext Engine, and everything before that by Ubisoft, can't lock on a consistent 60fps to save its life on any hardware. If you're not the only to look at the framerate every second, then you won't notice. I do that with Ubisoft games because it's an OCD thing.. because I know Ubisoft can't do 60fps consistently.
Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Ultra Specification

GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
CPU: Latest Eight core or more
RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

Notice how the "ulta" specs recommend a hexa core and a 5Ghz 8 core

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="wis3boi"] Not a bad point. ACIII still runs like poo in boston. Funny enough AC2 and Brotherhood run great with much more massive citiesElann2008

It runs well enough, but it's not Source, Frostbite, or even some games on Unreal. The AnvilNext Engine, and everything before that by Ubisoft, can't lock on a consistent 60fps to save its life on any hardware. If you're not the only to look at the framerate every second, then you won't notice. I do that with Ubisoft games because it's an OCD thing.. because I know Ubisoft can't do 60fps consistently.

Because the engine only uses two threads off the CPU. It's causes a bottleneck...an artificial one.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] With according to AC3, I think it totally depends on CPU. I could hardly run the game on a Quad Core until I upgraded to an i7 and it ran smooth and flawless all the way through (my work one also is an i7 with a weaker video card and had no issues in Boston). ShadowDeathX

Because the engine only uses two threads off the CPU. It's causes a bottleneck...an artificial one.

Makes sense. I read that somewhere but I wasn't sure myself. But yeah, I believe that. All the assassin's creed games dip constantly.. It's one thing a game is demanding and you're averaging 30fps.. but then you have AC games where you're at 55fps one moment, then you dip to 40fps and then repeat x100000. I'd rather have a consistent 40 or 50fps.

Hopefully we won't have to deal with that next-gen PS4, Xbone.  

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

These aren't official

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Isn't this game coming out on the PS3 and 360?

If the minimum requirements are any more than an 8600gt and a low-end dual core, Ubisoft is deliberately trolling PC gamers, as they've been known to do.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

They have always said though that this game is a PC first game then exported to consoles. Sorry no links but read that on more then 2 or 3 times.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wis3boi

Ultra Specification

GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
CPU: Latest Eight core or more
RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

Notice how the "ulta" specs recommend a hexa core and a 5Ghz 8 core

ShepardCommandr
because they're full of shit
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I'm not seeing a real source. Where have ubisoft said this?

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

This is just the begining.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

Are these the specs to get it to look like it did originally when they first unveiled it?

I knew games were going to start bending my 5970 over in the vram department sooner or later.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

this has been confirmed BS by pc gamer.. thanks OP

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/03/watch-dogs-pc-specs-revealed-in-full-get-the-list-here/

its probably something much lower likely amd phenom II x4 or some BS

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

If true my PC wont have such a hard time running the game !!!

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

I'm glad I bought the 2600k instead of the 2500k - go go hyperthreading!

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

It was already confirmed in Twiter that those are not real specs. Wait for official specs that will be lower. Period.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

As I have been saying for several years, games will not make the leap to minimum specs that require 64 bit and other big specs until the next-gen consoles come out.  So with Watch Dogs, it looks like my prediction is right on queue.  PC gaming specs have always been held back by what the current gen consoles can handle.  Such is the nature of multi-platform development that all companies do now.  That being said, it looks like it's finally time to for me to build my next PC.  The one I have now was built when Crysis first came out 6 years ago.  And it has still been handling all the new games just fine.  I think my luck is soon to run out. . .

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wis3boi

As I have been saying for several years, games will not make the leap to minimum specs that require 64 bit and other big specs until the next-gen consoles come out.  So with Watch Dogs, it looks like my prediction is right on queue.  PC gaming specs have always been held back by what the current gen consoles can handle.  Such is the nature of multi-platform development that all companies do now.  That being said, it looks like it's finally time to for me to build my next PC.  The one I have now was built when Crysis first came out 6 years ago.  And it has still been handling all the new games just fine.  I think my luck is soon to run out. . .

Qixote
except the required specs are fake
danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
Who even has an 8 core these days? Arent 8 cores usually in lame AMD processors? You know, the ones that never bench well? Wtf is this? I mean, from GTAV you see that a PC could easily max that game and I dont think Watchdogs in any different. It doesnt look THAT visually impressive. Gamesterpheonix
You can get an 8320 for 140 bucks. What's so lame about that?
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
Who even has an 8 core these days? Arent 8 cores usually in lame AMD processors? You know, the ones that never bench well? Wtf is this? I mean, from GTAV you see that a PC could easily max that game and I dont think Watchdogs in any different. It doesnt look THAT visually impressive. Gamesterpheonix
i7's essentially act as an 8-core processor with hyperthreading.
NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

Was planing to pre order Watch Dogs however after i saw the requirements i won't do it, I'll wait and see what PC reviews will say about the PC version.

Seriously, these requirements specs make my brand new PC which i finished building 5 days ago look like it's old pile of crap.

Intel i5 4670k 3.40 ghz , 8GB RAM DD3 Kingstom 1600 mhz , Nvidia 760 GTX 2GB , Corsair TX650 + bronze rating , ASrock z87 Extreme 4

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi

Was planing to pre order Watch Dogs however after i saw the requirements i won't do it, I'll wait and see what PC reviews will say about the PC version.

Seriously, these requirements specs make my brand new PC which i finished building 5 days ago look like it's old pile of crap.

Intel i5 4670k 3.40 ghz , 8GB RAM DD3 Kingstom 1600 mhz , Nvidia 760 GTX 2GB , Corsair TX650 + bronze rating , ASrock z87 Extreme 4

NightmareP3
read the thread...they arent real