Warcraft 3 Hamachi Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
Well, I've been trying to play warcraft 3 with my friend using hamachi. So we downloaded hamachi, installed it and I joined his network, but for some reason I can see him on the hamachi network, but when I open Warcraft 3 I can't see him. However, there was one time when I was able to see his game for just 1 second and it dissapeared before I could get to it. (I've also done that advanced network settings thing where you move Hamachi to the top.) So can anyone help?
Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Siofen
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

Does warcraft 3 have a direct connect to Ip? If so use that. Just put in his IP as shown in the hamachi network.

In neverwinter nights, whenever my friend hosts a server we don't see it in the lan list until we try to direct connect.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nevereathim

Not that I know of, and I'm pretty sure warcraft 3 doesn't have it, but I'll check right now

Edit: I just checked, and I don't see any manual update of any sort

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nevereathim
bump, I really need help with this
Hook-a-holic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hook-a-holic
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
Make sure you can ping him, you can do that by right clicking on his name and doing so. You have to join his game via LAN in wc3. If that doesn't work, you try to host and see if he can join.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
You both need to disable all of your firewalls, including the Windows firewall. If you have a router than someone needs to set up some port-forwarding or DMZ.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nevereathim

Make sure you can ping him, you can do that by right clicking on his name and doing so. You have to join his game via LAN in wc3. If that doesn't work, you try to host and see if he can join.Hook-a-holic

I've tried pinging him and it comes with "reply" and some moer information so I assume that it works. We've both tried hosting and we can't get it to work

Hook-a-holic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hook-a-holic
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

[QUOTE="Hook-a-holic"]Make sure you can ping him, you can do that by right clicking on his name and doing so. You have to join his game via LAN in wc3. If that doesn't work, you try to host and see if he can join.nevereathim

I've tried pinging him and it comes with "reply" and some moer information so I assume that it works. We've both tried hosting and we can't get it to work

Did you do what the poster above you said? because that may be the problem. If all else fails, google is your friend.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nevereathim

You both need to disable all of your firewalls, including the Windows firewall. If you have a router than someone needs to set up some port-forwarding or DMZ.GodLovesDead

We've both disabled our firewalls, but how do you set up port-forwarding and dmz on the router