Wanting a Gaming PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e92aabfcede3
deactivated-5e92aabfcede3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e92aabfcede3
Member since 2007 • 808 Posts

I've been wanting to get a gaming PC, but my only problem is the pricing of them. I've been keeping an eye on the HP Pavilion H8, but that's up to $900USD. Idealy it be sweet to have an Alienware Aurora, and that alone is $1,499USD. I've also considered just making my own gaming computer from scratch. I'm not technological with the inside of the computer, but if I put my mechanic knowledge into it, I could probably do it. Just need a case, and some comonents. So help me. Is there a cheaper gaming computer that is still reliable that I could purchase or can somebody telling exactly what I need for a custom made computer, and if possible some URL to the component or computer so I can see what it is and all that. Thank you!

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
try asking in the PC Hardware forum, the kind folks there will be better able to help you.
Custodian405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Custodian405
Member since 2003 • 1041 Posts
yes the hardware forum can help but if i gotta say one thing, its that !!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT buy pre-built PC's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like that HP pavillion you were mentioning. Build your own, even if you don't want to do that, have a local PC shop build one for you. Shop around if you are going to do that but anyways, do not buy a prebuilt.
ryanevans1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ryanevans1
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Guys its always been better to make your own PC. Its way cheaper and you get to learn things. Also its not that hard, you just put 5 parts together, plug the cables and thats it. It is meant to be easy, do it! diablo 3 guide diablo 3 gold diablo 3 inferno
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

The alienware aurora is beautiful indeed, but then again it's an alienware. Build one of your own with the help of the hardware forum guys and you'll be fine.

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts
Never. Buy. Prebuilt. PCs. Just buy parts and put it together on your own. You can get a decent gaming PC for much cheaper.
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

Yeah, never buy a pre assembled computers. They are way overpriced and 9 out of 10 times build with trash hardware components.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Never. Buy. Prebuilt. PCs. Just buy parts and put it together on your own. You can get a decent gaming PC for much cheaper.ArchonOver

This. A thousand times this.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Never. Buy. Prebuilt. PCs. Just buy parts and put it together on your own. You can get a decent gaming PC for much cheaper.ArchonOver

this, buying it by parts and making it yourself is a lot cheaper than premade pcs and have a lot more options, go to newegg.com they have a lot of where to choose, with a 700$ pc or so you should be able to run all games at max maybe without full aa and as.