Vampire Bloodlines - Who wants a sequel?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I missed this game when it was released.

Do you think there will be a sequel for it?

And who wants a sequel to it? Raise your hand!

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
the guys that made it (troika) disolved after bloodlines didn't do so great. So I think it will be quite some time before we see anything more.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
The developers went under so it'll be a while before you see another one, if ever. I guess it also depends on who owns the IP to the game.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I would love a sequel provided Troika is working on it... but as nutcrackr said, that won't be happening.

There is, by the way, an MMO set in the same RP universe in development.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I was really annoyed.. heard so many good things about it and finally got it at a sale at EB. The second CD wouldn't install for some reason and when i tried taking it back to EB they told me they no longer stock it so they can't swap the CD's over and they dont do refunds.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 biggest_loser

I was really annoyed.. heard so many good things about it and finally got it at a sale at EB. The second CD wouldn't install for some reason and when i tried taking it back to EB they told me they no longer stock it so they can't swap the CD's over and they dont do refunds. Rattlesnake_8

lol! would you like to play a sequel!?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was really annoyed.. heard so many good things about it and finally got it at a sale at EB. The second CD wouldn't install for some reason and when i tried taking it back to EB they told me they no longer stock it so they can't swap the CD's over and they dont do refunds. biggest_loser

lol! would you like to play a sequel!?

I wish i found it funny :(

Yeah id play a sequel, ive heard the first game is awesome.. especially with the fan made patches to get rid of the bugs.. i just wish i could play the first one. *grumbles*

astor47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 astor47
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts
Yep, I would love to see one, I'm about to finish the game for the first time with the unofficial patch, a great experience indeed. But maybe the guys at obsidian could make a proper sequel
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#9 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

I just installed the first one on my new computer and I think I'm going ot play through it again with something other than a Malkavian.

But yes I would love a sequel and it's a shame that Troika went under. This was one of the most surprisingly good games I've ever played.

crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts
loved Masquerade and loved Bloodlines.i for one would sell my humanity for a vampire sequel.i would however want it to be an even more action oriented approach with an awesome storyline...kinda like the witcher.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Malkavian was classic in Masquerade when you had a argument with a stop sign.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

Yep, I would love to see one, I'm about to finish the game for the first time with the unofficial patch, a great experience indeed. But maybe the guys at obsidian could make a proper sequelastor47

If you want a borefest then sure make obsidian do a new one. Kotor 1 was a classic, kotor 2 had the worst level design ive ever seen. I coundnt stop playing kotor 1 while it was really a big endurance test for me to keep playing kotor 2.

And yes, id love a sequel to vampire bloodlines. Its one of the best games ive ever played.

astor47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 astor47
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts

[QUOTE="astor47"]Yep, I would love to see one, I'm about to finish the game for the first time with the unofficial patch, a great experience indeed. But maybe the guys at obsidian could make a proper sequelmimic-Denmark

If you want a borefest then sure make obsidian do a new one. Kotor 1 was a classic, kotor 2 had the worst level design ive ever seen. I coundnt stop playing kotor 1 while it was really a big endurance test for me to keep playing kotor 2.

And yes, id love a sequel to vampire bloodlines. Its one of the best games ive ever played.

Well, I never played the KOTOR games, mainly because I dont like the Star Wars universe, but NWN 2 and specially its expansion, are among my favorite RPG (except for the poor optimization)

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

[QUOTE="astor47"]Yep, I would love to see one, I'm about to finish the game for the first time with the unofficial patch, a great experience indeed. But maybe the guys at obsidian could make a proper sequelastor47

Well, I never played the KOTOR games, mainly because I dont like the Star Wars universe, but NWN 2 and specially its expansion, are among my favorite RPG (except for the poor optimization)

Dont get me started about NWN2, that game bordered on JRPG linerity (the original have yet to even play the expansion.)

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#15 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Malkavian was classic in Masquerade when you had a argument with a stop sign.

sSubZerOo

I don't think I've ever had that much fun playing as a character than one that was totally insane. Some of the replies and dialogue trees were so random.

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts
The argument with the stopsign was my favourite Malkavian moment.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

The argument with the stopsign was my favourite Malkavian moment.bogaty

The talk with the tv man is my favorite :)

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
[QUOTE="astor47"][QUOTE="mimic-Denmark"]

[QUOTE="astor47"]Yep, I would love to see one, I'm about to finish the game for the first time with the unofficial patch, a great experience indeed. But maybe the guys at obsidian could make a proper sequelsSubZerOo

Dont get me started about NWN2, that game bordered on JRPG linerity (the original have yet to even play the expansion.)

MotB was rpg of 2007 filled with great atmosphere, quest design, story and c&c. Obsidian is the only dev capable of doing a dialogue driven RPG now and some of the guys from Troika, including the writer who created laCroix and maybe Jeanette (not sure have to check) work there, there probloems are just technical.

Also there were moments and ideas in KOTOR2 way superior to the 1st one, particullary the villains and the better designed quests with atmosphere, it was just more poorly put together.

Edit, found it

Brian Mitsoda, probably the least known of the bunch because I have never had a biopic optioned about me (for good reason). Iâ€TMm currently the Creative Lead (or “Head Writing and Stuff Related to Writing Guy”) on Obsidianâ€TMs Project Georgia, which is being published by Sega and thatâ€TMs all I can say about that right now. Iâ€TMve worked on many, many canceled games and a game called Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, which dozens of people around the world have played. Some of the questionably memorable characters Iâ€TMve created over my 6+ years in the industry include Jeanette and Therese Voerman, Prince Sebastian LaCroix, the Frigginâ€TM Chicken commercial guy and apparently, a stop sign.

boondoggler08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 boondoggler08
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I would love a sequel provided Troika is working on it... but as nutcrackr said, that won't be happening.

mfsa

neat

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
"You missed it" as in haven't played it? Seriously, go to Steam right now and buy it.

And as for a sequel, I don't want one, I want a spiritual successor done in the Requiem universe instead of the Masquerade.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 biggest_loser

"You missed it" as in haven't played it? Seriously, go to Steam right now and buy it.

And as for a sequel, I don't want one, I want a spiritual successor done in the Requiem universe instead of the Masquerade.
foxhound_fox

I don't like to stock pile games - I already bought COH and I'm going to play through that. Also, I don't have a credit card or paypal, which is a shame because its only $19.95 (is that US dollars?) how much would that cost me in australian dollars?

death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

I was really annoyed.. heard so many good things about it and finally got it at a sale at EB. The second CD wouldn't install for some reason and when i tried taking it back to EB they told me they no longer stock it so they can't swap the CD's over and they dont do refunds. Rattlesnake_8

You understand that is illegal right?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17882 Posts

the games on steam TC if ure interested.

would i be? o hell yes. for me, vamp was the game that almost beat Deus ex 1. great immersive world, wonderful characters and writing and a very interesting story and universe.

what held it back? well the game was released in a badly broken state. some game mechanics didnt work, the game was heavily unbalanced and clearly need more time in play testing to iron out the gameplay issues. and then there was the bugs, of which there were tons. eventually i had to stop playing...i couldnt stick it. it also needed a bucket of poilsh. seriosuly stalker at launch was in great condition by comparison.

unfortunately the devs went under and the game was never fixed. there are unofficial patches but i dont know how good they are. it was a terrible shame.

if the game got all that sorted then this could have been the game to oust DE1 in my books. i would love a sequal (hell even a remake).

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
i'm trying to get into the original, but i'm having a hard time loving it. i want to play this suave vampire, but my character's appearance stat just isn't high enough. i'm finding the idea of improving my character's appearance a bit strange; how exactly would he/she do that? plastic surgery? make-up? so i used cheat codes to get my character's appearance stats to a respectable level, but then i found the game way too easy. every character i meet is just way too willing to get into bed with my character. don't these kids have any morals or sensibilities? anyway, great dialogue and acting, though. i'd be interested in a sequel, regardless of what i think of the bloodlines, cuz bloodlines definitely has a lot of potential. just needs some refining, i guess.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

MotB was rpg of 2007 filled with great atmosphere, quest design, story and c&c. Obsidian is the only dev capable of doing a dialogue driven RPG now and some of the guys from Troika, including the writer who created laCroix and maybe Jeanette (not sure have to check) work there, there probloems are just technical.

Nikalai_88

I disagree about MotB - it may have been extremely good, but The Witcher was the best RPG of 2007.

Anyway, I think that Obsidian would be the perfect developers for a Redemption/Bloodlines sequel:

Fallout 1 (Interplay) was followed by Fallout 2 (Black Isle), so Bloodlines (made by Fallout 1 designers - working at Troika) should be followed by another Masquerade game (made by the Fallout 2 designers - now working at Obsidian).

cru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cru3
Member since 2003 • 303 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was really annoyed.. heard so many good things about it and finally got it at a sale at EB. The second CD wouldn't install for some reason and when i tried taking it back to EB they told me they no longer stock it so they can't swap the CD's over and they dont do refunds. death1505921

Asking for a refund or replacement is illegal now?

iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts
I would definitely play a sequel to this awesome game. I downloade it from Steam and experienced no problems. There were a few spots in later levels, where npcs would float in mid-air, or appear to be stuck in the ground, but other than these visual issues, the gameplay was super fun.
Avatar image for deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts

loved the whole atmosphere of it. it was the game i'd been looking for all my life: an RPG set in a modern world with a neat twist.

i loved the haunted hotel level, that was a blast to play. sadly, the game really went downhill once i entered china town, but the ending was satisfying enough. i felt it was worth it.

i'd love a sequel.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was really annoyed.. heard so many good things about it and finally got it at a sale at EB. The second CD wouldn't install for some reason and when i tried taking it back to EB they told me they no longer stock it so they can't swap the CD's over and they dont do refunds. death1505921

I think he meant swap his copy out for a different one. You can't get refunds for software, but you can exchange one copy of software for another. That's probably what he meant.

TH3_1NF1D3L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 TH3_1NF1D3L
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts

mfsa

I wish it was WoD 1.0. But no, its WoD 2.0, following Requiem, Forsaken, Awakening, Created, and Exalted.

karisutaruchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 karisutaruchan
Member since 2005 • 345 Posts
I loved VTM Bloodlines...even though it took me forever to figure out how to get it to run on my computer (and even then it wasn't perfect with glitches and horrible run times). But luckily, I was able to finish the game as a Malkavian and a Tremere. The Malkavian was my favorite; trying to figure out the dialogue options was quite a challenge. More than a sequel though, I would love to see a remake of it...one that overall cleans up the entire game.
luin_gunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 luin_gunners
Member since 2004 • 4038 Posts
[QUOTE="death1505921"]

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was really annoyed.. heard so many good things about it and finally got it at a sale at EB. The second CD wouldn't install for some reason and when i tried taking it back to EB they told me they no longer stock it so they can't swap the CD's over and they dont do refunds. cru3

Asking for a refund or replacement is illegal now?

Am sure death was saying what eb did is illegal. As in not giving refund for faulty product(s).

Should have returned it in seven days...tsk tsk.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

I loved VTM Bloodlines...even though it took me forever to figure out how to get it to run on my computer (and even then it wasn't perfect with glitches and horrible run times). But luckily, I was able to finish the game as a Malkavian and a Tremere. The Malkavian was my favorite; trying to figure out the dialogue options was quite a challenge. More than a sequel though, I would love to see a remake of it...one that overall cleans up the entire game. karisutaruchan

Why the **** did you ressurrect a 6 month old thread?

paul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 paul999
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts
Lol, bring it!
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

If it's as good as Bloodlines, a sequel would practically be a gift from heaven. There is absolutely no reason to not want a sequel.

But Bloodlines is barely even four years old. I recently replayed it for the fifth time and the game has aged gracefully - especially as there are community patches keeping the game alive. It's still absolutely playable today and I will still be able to say that about the game ten years from now - and probably much longer than that.

There is no reason at all to have 'missed it'. It's a masterpiece, and it deserves to be played by anyone who considers themselves a fan of roleplaying games.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
I do Too bad about Troika, they were great.
lowcally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lowcally
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
I blame the boring cover for poor sales. If they had put an image like this on the cover it would have sold like hot cakes :D on the front
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

I do Too bad about Troika, they were great.hamidious

anything from Troika (that group of people) will be vastly appreciated.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 teardropmina
[QUOTE="Nikalai_88"]

Planeforger

I disagree about MotB - it may have been extremely good, but The Witcher was the best RPG of 2007.

I'll go with MotB. and that's not saying The Witcher is a bad game, far from it. It's just MotB is a tab better. There may have some personal bias there since I prefer party RPG to solo RPG.

Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

And as for a sequel, I don't want one, I want a spiritual successor done in the Requiem universe instead of the Masquerade.foxhound_fox

this.

but only if all (well maybe not all, but the more fun ones) bloodlines would be avalible to play, just like in the rpg you could choose it later on in addition to your primary clan. Would add a lot of replayability since the bloodlines are all quite difrent.

but I think the MMO in work is done on the new world of darkness isn't it? Would be also nice to play as a werewolf.

johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
What happened to the troika guys anyway where did they go?
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

What happened to the troika guys anyway where did they go?johan1986

Timothy Cain (programmer) is working on an MMO at NCsoft, Leonard Boyarsky (designer) is at Blizzard working on Diablo 3 (as lead designer!) and Jason Anderson (artist) is working for Interplay again doing I don't know what.

Everyone else went to a variety of companies, including Turtle Rock (now part of Valve) and Obsidian.

I have a recurring fantasy where I win $200m on a powerball or something and get all of Troika back together and make a new game. I don't think it will happen though. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5c20477a5e387
deactivated-5c20477a5e387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5c20477a5e387
Member since 2003 • 4291 Posts
Screw bloodlines, I want an arcanum sequel.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

I have a recurring fantasy where I win $200m on a powerball or something and get all of Troika back together and make a new game. I don't think it will happen though. :(

fatshodan

Hah! I keep having the same idea with Shenmue 3. Tell you what, if it happens, I'll get Shenmue 3 out the door and reunite Troika.

Anyway, VtmB is a brilliant game. I got maybe 7 or 8 hours in, but when I reformatted, I forgot to back up my save. But those few hours with the game were definately amazing and I can see the many paths one could take to solve a problem.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
It'd be great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts
The problem is the original developers released a very buggy game when they released VtMB and it took a lot of community effort to get the unofficial patch to stay updated regularly. But that being said if they released a game without bugs i'd buy a sequel for sure, VtMB is one of the best RPG's i've ever played. But so few people seem to know it exists :(
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 teardropmina

VtMB is one of the best RPG's i've ever played. But so few people seem to know it exists :(1005

it is among the best and so is Arcanum, which even less people know its existance. BG2 is the last classical, complex CRPG to be mainstreamly popular. anything since, 2000 that is, is to be considered indie CRPG, that's what VtMB and Arcanum are~~

psychot1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 psychot1c
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

[QUOTE="1005"]VtMB is one of the best RPG's i've ever played. But so few people seem to know it exists :(teardropmina

I couldn't agree more, absolutely one of the best rpg's I've ever played. The game deserves a sequel, we as gamers deserve a sequel. It needn't be Bloodlines 2, a spiritual successor set in Requiem universe will do just fine. Basically another Vampire RPG set in the WoD that plays like Bloodlines. That's all.

spank_thru101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 spank_thru101
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts
I got a chubby just reading the topic title! I want a sequel, a good and proper one that is nicely optimized/coded and expands on what BTM started. I am so tired of fanstasy rpgs that feature lizard people, mages, and knights. I want junkies, Vampires, thieves, and hookers.