Two Worlds ..have i missed something??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Right so the release page says two worlds is out this week right? Why are there patches since like MAy 07 for this game? Am i missing something or what? There is only one game called two worlds or am i just being really ignorant to something? A demo? But i dont see why they would have patched a demo 5 times!!

Also loads of people already have it:?

Was it released in US before MAY or soemthing? Is the release date for two worlds at GS for EU?

:? Please help my boggled brain!!

Ta.

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
It came out in Europe some time ago. Not sure how long ago. Plus US people probably downloaded it before it officially came out.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anandram
? But US get your games before the EU guys :? there are patches since may 07 so it took 4 months to get to the US? still confused :?
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Herrick

? But US get your games before the EU guys :? there are patches since may 07 so it took 4 months to get to the US? still confused :?anandram

I don't know, mang. Sometimes the European gamers get games quicker than we do. I don't think Two Worlds was made by US people so that may have something to do with it. Remember what Forest Gump says: "It Happens...Sometimes."

There was a Western FPS game using the Doom 3 engine that came out first in Europe, which I thought was very strange. I cannot remember the name of it.

Gothic 3 also came out in Europe before it came out in the US.

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
If I remember correctly Two Worlds came out in the US the same day as BioShock did.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anandram

If I remember correctly Two Worlds came out in the US the same day as BioShock did.thanatose

= ADDS TO MY CONFUSION..:lol: so why are there patches since may 07? The release date here at GS says its due this week. BUt many have had it since may 07...its all a bit confusing really.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
according to Wikipedia it came out early May in Germany.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="thanatose"]If I remember correctly Two Worlds came out in the US the same day as BioShock did.anandram

= ADDS TO MY CONFUSION..:lol: so why are there patches since may 07? The release date here at GS says its due this week. BUt many have had it since may 07...its all a bit confusing really.

It's really simple. The game was made in Europe. It's been out in Europe longer than in the US. Many European games come out there first. Just like most Asian made console games come out in Japan first.

It's not that hard of a concept.

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anandram
[QUOTE="anandram"]

[QUOTE="thanatose"]If I remember correctly Two Worlds came out in the US the same day as BioShock did.Johnny_Rock

It's really simple. The game was made in Europe. It's been out in Europe longer than in the US. Many European games come out there first. Just like most Asian made console games come out in Japan first.

Yea ok mr clever :P Its just EU is considered as UK too right? And my GF's game shop that she owns is releasing it this fri. its just strange that some EU places got it and some didnt.

The issue was really why it is being released like 5months later in other countries? Cant remember the last time the same game on the same platform taking that long to be released in the same EU areas. But anyway, i have it....im not complaining just wondering :)

matthewjackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 matthewjackman
Member since 2006 • 407 Posts
Remember the EU isn't one country, it's loads and each with their own language. So if the game was released in Germany it would need to be localised into english to suit both the US and UK market.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Two Worlds was released in May in Germany ONLY, basically in an unfinished state - probably as a means to test the multiplayer.

d_agra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 d_agra
Member since 2003 • 1777 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="anandram"]

[QUOTE="thanatose"]If I remember correctly Two Worlds came out in the US the same day as BioShock did.anandram

Yea ok mr clever :P Its just EU is considered as UK too right? And my GF's game shop that she owns is releasing it this fri. its just strange that some EU places got it and some didnt.

The issue was really why it is being released like 5months later in other countries? Cant remember the last time the same game on the same platform taking that long to be released in the same EU areas. But anyway, i have it....im not complaining just wondering :)

This just to good..ignorance at its finest!!Sigged

iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts
[QUOTE="anandram"][QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"][QUOTE="anandram"]

[QUOTE="thanatose"]If I remember correctly Two Worlds came out in the US the same day as BioShock did.d_agra

This just to good..ignorance at its finest!!Sigged

Your sig made me chuckle. :D

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I played the demo but it put me off wanting the game. The graphics looked ugly, the game felt unfinished, and the dialog between characters was cringe-worthy. It was made in Poland presumably because they can have lower development costs but would it really have cost much more to get someone with English asa first language to read through the dialog scripts and correct them?

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anandram

silunt

You are the perfect example of whats wrong with education in this country. You dont seriously think Britain is Europe do you??? Britain is a freakin island. AND this game was not made by the English, why don't actually look up the dev site instead of running around acting clueless.

So let me get this straight - you DONT think Britain is part of EUROPE???

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

So let me get this straight - you DONT think Britain is part of EUROPE???anandram

Britain is part of Europe, but for a lot of things the EU gets different release dates to the UK

BTOG46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BTOG46
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts

The Uk is in the EU, but it's not IN the continent of Europe, it's stuck all alone and lonely, surrounded by the sea, and half the country would like to get out of the EU anyway.

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anandram

[QUOTE="anandram"]So let me get this straight - you DONT think Britain is part of EUROPE???Avenger1324

Britain is part of Europe, but for a lot of things the EU gets different release dates to the UK

THANK YOU...so who has the need for education really silunt and mr agu?? And who is really ignorant?...and as for acting clueless, well i think we know who is what now dont we...:)

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Wow, this thread went downhill fast...Two Worlds rocks!
d_agra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 d_agra
Member since 2003 • 1777 Posts
[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

[QUOTE="anandram"]So let me get this straight - you DONT think Britain is part of EUROPE???anandram

THANK YOU...so who has the need for education really silunt and mr agu?? And who is really ignorant?...and as for acting clueless, well i think we know who is what now dont we...:)

You know what..if you turn the world around their are countries on the other side

Jesus man..you really really give a bad image to americans. Have you ever seen a map before??What else you dont know?

This quite amusing :lol:

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="anandram"][QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

[QUOTE="anandram"]So let me get this straight - you DONT think Britain is part of EUROPE???d_agra

You know what..if you turn the world around their are countries on the other side

Jesus man..you really really give a bad image to americans. Have you ever seen a map before??What else you dont know?

This quite amusing :lol:

The REALLY amusing part is that the guy you're talking to is, presumably, british.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Herrick
Internet Bullying is pathetic. Someone lock this thread already.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 anandram

Internet Bullying is pathetic. Someone lock this thread already. Herrick

It is pathetic isnt it? Well i guess what you cant do in real life tends to end up on a forum...yea ill get this thread locked before others decide to display their "manlyness" on a forum. :lol:

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#28 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Locked upon author's request.