Trying to pc again not really feeling it

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

I think i'm going to get the 650 ti boost and call it a day. Too many trolls here. I think that would be the most balanced thing to do or get a radeon 7850 or something. Either way this stuff is overpriced right now.

Why did you ask for advice, get us to give it to you and then decide to go with your own thoughts anyway?

Get the 650 ti if you want, don't come on here later on and complain about graphics or not being able to run games as they were designed though.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

The pc i got is actually a gaming pc. It's actually really ncie. I just got the i5 version for $599 because it was on sale.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/ideacentre/k-series/k450/#features

It's powersupply is set up for hgih end gaming cards..... Mine has an i5 4430 in with a gt630 for $599. I could have gotten the i7 4770for $799 or the i7 with a 66ogt for $1000. I figured i'd get the i5 and just put a graphics card in it... I don't know if there is a huge difference as far as gaming between the i7 and i5. I'm a little concerned with longevity. But the price difference is substantial where i figured id just do the i5 with a better graphcis card.

I priced out parts i wanted on pricewatch, newegg etc and with windows 8 this was a really good deal so i just bought it.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Celtic_34

I'm listening i haven't decided on a graphics card yet. I looked at that link for the 7870 and am considering that. I was more just annoyed with some of the comments. Stop saying i'm complaining. I'm listening and just explaining my situation.... My god the internet.

does everyone on the internet just assume the worst and assume they are talking to stupid people who are complaining? It seems that way sometimes. I'm more just explaining my situation and listening to the advice. It's more those comments taht are just stupid. Do you understand what i'm saying? Probably not. The next comment will be this is a troll thread or stop complaining when it's like my god do you realize i'm not doing what you think i am and this is the internet..

i'm looking for advice. I am not complaining or trolling. I'm just telling people what i think and know so far and what i've looked at myself.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FelipeInside

@Celtic_34 said:

I'm listening i haven't decided on a graphics card yet. I looked at that link for the 7870 and am considering that. I was more just annoyed with some of the comments. Stop saying i'm complaining. I'm listening and just explaining my situation.... My god the internet.

does everyone on the internet just assume the worst and assume they are talking to stupid people who are complaining? It seems that way sometimes. I'm more just explaining my situation and listening to the advice. It's more those comments taht are just stupid. Do you understand what i'm saying? Probably not. The next comment will be this is a troll thread or stop complaining when it's like my god do you realize i'm not doing what you think i am and this is the internet..

i'm looking for advice. I am not complaining or trolling. I'm just telling people what i think and know so far and what i've looked at myself.

I've tried to help you since the start of your whole topic, where you complained yourself that PC is too expensive and not worth it. So stop calling people trolls.

I said that the 650ti is fine but in the lower range, so you should spend a bit more so you can play PC games like they are meant to be played, but then you posted ur gonna buy it anyway so what advice are you listening to?

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Celtic_34

I read everything everyone said. I'm not being petty here at all. I just think the petty nitpicking stuff needs to stop. If this conversation was in person it would be ridiculous. I was just explaining my situation. I was ina store the other day and explaining this stuff and listening and noone was telling me i'm complaining or what advice am i listening to......

I'm looking at that 7870 card too. Also was looking at the gtx660. I'd like to keep it under $200..

Honestly though is it just me or are people on the internet just completely idiotic and assume people are saying things they aren't., I'm the one who got called a troll then just said that back jokingly because people were not listening to what i was saying....

Rarely do people ever listen. I'm listening to you. But yet you keep nitpicking the same idiotic crap so how do you expect me to respond to that?

I was not complaining...... Do you assume all people are whiners? Are you one of those people who is sitting there going this guy is complaining and whining ebcause if you said that to me in person you'd look like an idiot because i'm not doing that.

Are pc's more expensive? Yes. That is a fact. That isn't me complaining. It's a fact of reality.. I was mroe just explaining what i'm trying to do with my budget. That isn't complaining.

If i went into a store and told someone how much money i had to spend and i was considering getting a ps4 or a graphics card and this is what i had to spend and the how i feel about each and my issues with each and they told me i was complaining that would make no sense.

I'm here listening to what you are recommending..... It's more the other stuff i dont get at all. It just makes this a really ldifficult conversation to have.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Celtic_34

Best buy is supposed to have ps4's tomorrow. I'm looking on newegg at all the graphics cards that were mentioned. I don't know what is the best choice. I don't think i really need both.

my controller is working on my pc now... I'm using a ps3 controller because i dont want to buy an adaptor for the xbox controller. I set the ps3 controller to xbox 360 emulation and it works fine for some reason. The graphics card is still a bit sluggish is all.

Edit:

Ok here is the latest spiel.

I'm looking at the 650 ti boost, evga 660 or amd radeon 7870. The 650 ti boost and 7870 are about the same price on newegg. The 660 is a bit more but more on par with the 7870 as far as performance. But amd vs nvidia. I'm leaning towards the nvidia card and just spending a little extra for whatever reason. I'm not sure why? I can go to best buy right now and get it and have them price match where the other cards i'd have to order. We are talking 199.99 vs $170-180 off newegg for the other cards. Best buy has the 660 for $239 but will price match amazon i think for $199 which is the same newegg is charging......

best buy also has the 660 ti which is way overpriced there at $300 and the 650 ti overpriced at $200. Those are the only cards they have.... The 660 they said they will price match though so it's a pretty good deal.

From what i was reading the 660 is more in line with the 7870. The 7870 can do a bit more overclocking but really don't care. I don't want to fry anything anyways.

You guys helped minus the nitpicky stuff. Still not sure what i'm going to do but i have it narrowed down at least. Does this sound about right to you? Am I accurate as far as what i'm getting with each card?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FelipeInside

@Celtic_34 said:

Best buy is supposed to have ps4's tomorrow. I'm looking on newegg at all the graphics cards that were mentioned. I don't know what is the best choice. I don't think i really need both.

my controller is working on my pc now... I'm using a ps3 controller because i dont want to buy an adaptor for the xbox controller. I set the ps3 controller to xbox 360 emulation and it works fine for some reason. The graphics card is still a bit sluggish is all.

Edit:

I'm looking at the 650 ti boost, evga 660 or amd radeon 7870. The 650 ti boost and 7870 are about the same price on newegg. The 660 is a bit more but more on par with the 7870 as far as performance. But amd vs nvidia. I'm leaning towards the nvidia card and just spending a little extra for whatever reason. I'm not sure why? I can go to best buy right now and get it and have them price match where the other cards i'd have to order. We are talking 199.99 vs $170-180 off newegg for the other cards. Best buy has the 660 for $239 but will price match amazon i think for $199 which is the same newegg is charging......

best buy also has the 660 ti which is way overpriced there at $300 and the 650 ti overpriced at $200. Those are the only cards they have.... The 660 they said they will price match though so it's a pretty good deal.

From what i was reading the 660 is more in line with the 7870. The 7870 can do a bit more overclocking but really don't care. I don't want to fry anything anyways.

You guys helped minus the nitpicky stuff. Still not sure what i'm going to do but i have it narrowed down at least. Does this sound about right to you? Am I accurate as far as what i'm getting with each card?

Is the 670 too much? The 660 is going to struggle with some games. (heck, even the 670 might)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Edit:

Is the 670 too much? The 660 is going to struggle with some games. (heck, even the 670 might)

Lol, what are you talking about? 670 maxes everything just fine @ 1200P, And that's with enthusiast settings (max AA, max AF, etc.), a 660 would probably be more than fine for his purposes, don't you think?

The only game that the 670 would struggle with is CoD : Ghost, and that's not a problem with the video card. The game looks and runs like ass no matter your gaming setup.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Lol, what are you talking about? 670 maxes everything just fine @ 1200P, And that's with enthusiast settings (max AA, max AF, etc.), a 660 would probably be more than fine for his purposes, don't you think?

The only game that the 670 would struggle with is CoD : Ghost, and that's not a problem with the video card. The game looks and runs like ass no matter your gaming setup.

Then my 680 must be magical cause I played Ghosts today with butter smooth gameplay. So glad I asked Aladdin for it ;)

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#60 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'd recommend just getting an Xbox 360 wired controller for Windows. I think they're about $35 and you just plug it in and it works. I tried using my PS3 controller and motionjoy and it's a lot easier to just spend the $35 IMO.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

What power supply do you have?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#62  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17888 Posts

I am going to put things in perspective...

PS4 and Xbox One were already dated the moment they launched. So, do not expect miracles. I own both of them and have not been impressed. They are running games with a PC equivalent of medium/high settings. Also, they are struggling to run 1080p@60fps which should be the standard now. So, do not bring up the argument of buying PC parts that will be outdated shortly in the future. You will still be able to lower settings and have them run at the console equivalent.

If you want to truly enjoy PC gaming, you should not buy anything lower than a GTX 760. This will give you an experience superior to the PS4/XB1 and you will be able to play at good settings for a while. In 2-3 years time, just sell your video card and put the money towards a new one that will again keep you current and give you a vastly superior experience to the consoles. PS4/XB1 are static platforms and will look horrible compared to PC in 2-3 years time.

I am a hardcore gamer who owns all the consoles and a good gaming rig. I use my PC as my primary gaming platform and I only buy consoles for exclusives that I can not play on PC. If you like the console experience, the ability to hook up your PC to an HDTV via HDMI and to use the 360 controller makes it a super console. If you are willing to spend a bit, you will be rewarded. You are paying for quality. Don't be fooled by the consoles, they are inferior platforms that you are forced to buy for exclusives.

LeftClick007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 LeftClick007
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

Hahahaha,

Hey guys what ya think console or PC? I hate PC, I want console, but help me fix my PC! Its new PC, help! Why are you not helping!? You guys are dumb! Im out of here too many trolls! Hey can you help me please, I know more than you but I really need your opinion, so can you help please? I built PCs for over 30 years guys but I have a sudden case of amnesia and...wait why is there a white border around all my games!!? Stop trolling geez. I need a console, I cant figure any of this out... its the PC's fault, I tried but its the PC's fault, I'm done with this...Oh...my PC is old...hmmmmm...Hey guys can you tell me what video card I should get? Console is better, but still what card should I get? I HAVE TO PAY MONEY!! WHAT!!?/? You guys are trolls...Did you know consoles are designed to play video games? Hey trolls, how I get my controller to work on PC? Mouse and keyboard are dumb, and so are you guys, can you not read? I want console. Hey I followed what you said and ...it..worked...hmm..I'm gonna go eat console now.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Celtic_34

@BassMan said:

I am going to put things in perspective...

PS4 and Xbox One were already dated the moment they launched. So, do not expect miracles. I own both of them and have not been impressed. They are running games with a PC equivalent of medium/high settings. Also, they are struggling to run 1080p@60fps which should be the standard now. So, do not bring up the argument of buying PC parts that will be outdated shortly in the future. You will still be able to lower settings and have them run at the console equivalent.

If you want to truly enjoy PC gaming, you should not buy anything lower than a GTX 760. This will give you an experience superior to the PS4/XB1 and you will be able to play at good settings for a while. In 2-3 years time, just sell your video card and put the money towards a new one that will again keep you current and give you a vastly superior experience to the consoles. PS4/XB1 are static platforms and will look horrible compared to PC in 2-3 years time.

I am a hardcore gamer who owns all the consoles and a good gaming rig. I use my PC as my primary gaming platform and I only buy consoles for exclusives that I can not play on PC. If you like the console experience, the ability to hook up your PC to an HDTV via HDMI and to use the 360 controller makes it a super console. If you are willing to spend a bit, you will be rewarded. You are paying for quality. Don't be fooled by the consoles, they are inferior platforms that you are forced to buy for exclusives.

cool man. you sir deserve a medal because you actually answered my question that others weren't seeing.... i actually was at ebst buy yesterday and they actually had the ps4 and i couldn't pass it up. they had 3 left and i was picked out to get one and it was really hard not to buy it. I haven't opened it yet though. Was waiting to get more info first. Still not sure what i'm going to do. I picked up a ps3 about 6 months ago and some of this stuff is overkill. I'm older and only need so much as far as gaming is concerned. Would like to get a nice graphics card for my pc and have a new console too but my budget isn't allowing it. I may ebay my ps3 but i'm still going to get half what i paid for it which i'm not sure is worth it.

as far as that leftclickguy you guys are dumb because i wasn't saying anything you think i was and said that and you still think i was. some people can't tell the difference between complaining and explaining.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FelipeInside

@Celtic_34 said:

cool man. you sir deserve a medal because you actually answered my question that others weren't seeing....

You sir need to learn to read because others (including me) have answered your question 2 pages ago but you decide to instead call us trolls. A simple "thank you" would have been enough.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Celtic_34

i never had an issue with you either..... he does deserve credit for answering the one part others weren't seeing. like i said you guys helped as well in other areas. some of you were helpful. you were one. There were a few others as well. as far as the other crap no.... i think i did say thanks for the help at one point. i've had a few threads going with these same decisions though so not sure. I think it's in there somewhere though in this one could be mistaken. Anways thanks. I'm off to decide whether i should open this ps4 or not. Going to ebay my old systems and upgrade my graphics card i think.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FelipeInside

@Celtic_34 said:

i never had an issue with you either..... he does deserve credit for answering the one part others weren't seeing. like i said you guys helped as well in other areas. some of you were helpful. you were one. There were a few others as well. as far as the other crap no.... i think i did say thanks for the help at one point. i've had a few threads going with these same decisions though so not sure. I think it's in there somewhere though in this one could be mistaken. Anways thanks. I'm off to decide whether i should open this ps4 or not. Going to ebay my old systems and upgrade my graphics card i think.

I bought a PS4 too, mostly just for FIFA, then sold it a week later.

What put me off mostly was the loading times and framerate issues (yes, it already has lag sometimes).

Either way, my most important point is to not compare PC with consoles, they are on different levels of "gen"