Trouble getting Fallout: New Vegas to run

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boblighte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 boblighte
Member since 2003 • 405 Posts

Okay, so I can get the launcher to come up, but whenever I press play, it realaunches the launcher instead of launching the actual game. I've installed DirectX,, I tried running in compatibility mode, I've reinstalled multiple times, nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Okay, so I can get the launcher to come up, but whenever I press play, it realaunches the launcher instead of launching the actual game. I've installed DirectX,, I tried running in compatibility mode, I've reinstalled multiple times, nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

boblighte

Have you tried clicking on the actual exe file (not the launcher)?

I don't know if NV has one separate or it's all inbuilt into the launcher...

boblighte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 boblighte

Yes, I've gone into the Fallout folder and opened both FalloutNV.exe and FalloutNVLauncher.exe. Both bring up the launcher, which I think might be my problem, but I have no idea how to fix it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside

Yes, I've gone into the Fallout folder and opened both FalloutNV.exe and FalloutNVLauncher.exe. Both bring up the launcher, which I think might be my problem, but I have no idea how to fix it.

boblighte
I don't know the legal rules, but is using a No-CDCrack allowed when you have purchased the original game and this sort of problem is present?
boblighte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 boblighte

Would that help? Do I just have a bad installation disc or something?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

Would that help? Do I just have a bad installation disc or something?

boblighte
Your profile pic is soooooo cute.... Well, it would be worth a try.... I'm guessing your exe file is corrupted or something, so there is no harm. Of course, only legal I believe if you own the game...
boblighte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 boblighte

Thank you lol. Where would I get a nocd crack at? Or are you allowed to tell me on GameSpot forums...

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
I solved this problem by setting both the launcher and the main game exe to run in compatibility mode and as administrator. Have you tried that? EDIT: Also verify the game file cache, just to make sure,
boblighte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 boblighte
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]I solved this problem by setting both the launcher and the main game exe to run in compatibility mode and as administrator. Have you tried that? EDIT: Also verify the game file cache, just to make sure,

I just tried setting both in compatibility mode and as an administrator, still didn't work :/ How do I verify the game file cache?
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
I just tried setting both in compatibility mode and as an administrator, still didn't work :/ How do I verify the game file cache?boblighte
In the Steam library, right-click and pick Properties. On the Local Files tab, there's a button to "verify integrity of game cache". If it's still not working, try #14 on this list.
boblighte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 boblighte
Deleting the intro video worked! Thank you guys so much, I was really starting to lose hope :)