Took a photo of flickering in BF4, please help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

So I bought this Asus R9 280, I get this flickering on textures every once in a while. Is this just a glitch or a bad card? Should I send it back to Newegg and get a different model video card or just live with it since I only see it once in a while and I might see it in another card too?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

So I bought this Asus R9 280, I get this flickering on textures every once in a while. Is this just a glitch or a bad card? Should I send it back to Newegg and get a different model video card or just live with it since I only see it once in a while and I might see it in another card too?

Do you get the same flickering textures on other games too? if not it's the driver, update to the latest and if that doesn't help - get the beta driver.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chriscoolguy

No just BF 4 and I rarely get it. I am running the beta driver, i'll try the regular one. I went from a 7590 to this card because the 7590 went bad, I ran a program toms hardware suggested to remove the old driver, and rebooted, then installed the new amd beta. I'll see what happens when I use the normal one.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chriscoolguy

Tried the non beta drivers, same thing. Get a little bit of flicker here and there. It's very minimal. I got my 7950 back, I could put it back in the pc but the game runs faster with the 280. Maybe why it flickers a little bit here and there. I Think I would rather have the 5-10 seconds of flicker every once in a while and the better frame rate and graphics.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

Tried the non beta drivers, same thing. Get a little bit of flicker here and there. It's very minimal. I got my 7950 back, I could put it back in the pc but the game runs faster with the 280. Maybe why it flickers a little bit here and there. I Think I would rather have the 5-10 seconds of flicker every once in a while and the better frame rate and graphics.

Ok, there's a solution to this problem (hopefully):

Start turning off/lowering graphics settings one at a time - this will result with knowing what graphic setting in BF4 makes it flicker. (it could be anything really, but it's worth finding out)

I did the same thing with other games when they're coming crappy ports, bad patches etc.

Most of the time it's just one setting that f&ck your game up.

Let me know if you find it.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chriscoolguy

Man it happens so little I Think im just going to let it ride. Because knowing it isn't the card its self makes me not care. I put in my 7950 refurb replacement I got back from Sapphire today. Same thing, once in a while a little piece of something will flicker a little. I'm just chalking it up to Dice being lazy. Now I youtube'd texture flickering on BF4, and some of those videos I seen on there, yeah that would drive me nuts. But mine is so small and rare, I'm just gonna ignore it. I am guessing my old 7950 did it too, it's just that when I was shopping for cards I seen so many complaints about artifacting, texture flickering, I think I looked REALLY hard to find it and did, lol.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Did you have Mantle on?