Thoughts on WoW Cata instances.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

For a while now, people all over have been complaining about the new heroics being too hard. Basically they are impossible to PUG because after one wipe, everyone quits. First, I really don't understand why people quit after one try. Have some patience for gods sake. Second, in case people haven't noticed, Blizz is really trying to promote guilds with this expansion. Notice the new guild leveling system and the perks guildies get? Join one, that way you won't have to worry about PUGs. Overall though, WoW has been much easier than many other MMOs out there, I mean anyone here play AO or DAoC? But I am just one opinion, thoughts?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I'm waiting till next patch because I hardly get one guildie to join me in the runs. With the next patch it will be 3 guildies for start getting guild experience. Now, unto heroics, I find them ok with the exception of Stonecore, hated it in normal, loath it more in heroic. Players are not accostumed to these ones because they still think WoTLK mechanisms work in cata.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Not hard, healing is a pain in the ass, everything is the same as it was before 'cept for healing, now it's all slow, ineffective immobile and inefficient. The other issue is, they are too damn long, way too many trash pulls. BTW, wtf is AO and DAoC?

I love the new punishing mechanics, such as one shots, or massive aoe, positioning, but I don't like how weak, slow and just bad healing feels atm, maybe I just leaved the two Worst healers, Druid and Shaman...

However, for pugging, these types of mechanics just = headache, since you get endless waves of garbage tanks that either can't figure it out in a couple tries, or just can't rinse and repeat enough to finish a fight (especially in stonecore) Or, dps that can't out dps the tank, tanks that can't tps and move at the same time..

There needs to be a dungeon finder qualification system, to get these utter baddies out.

Fr0st3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fr0st3d
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
Heroics where pretty easy for me but I also had a tight group that played wow for years together. Now we only do our daily heroic for the valor point since we started raiding 5 weeks ago
XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

Not hard, healing is a pain in the ass, everything is the same as it was before 'cept for healing, now it's all slow, ineffective immobile and inefficient. The other issue is, they are too damn long, way too many trash pulls. BTW, wtf is AO and DAoC?

I love the new punishing mechanics, such as one shots, or massive aoe, positioning, but I don't like how weak, slow and just bad healing feels atm, maybe I just leaved the two Worst healers, Druid and Shaman...

However, for pugging, these types of mechanics just = headache, since you get endless waves of garbage tanks that either can't figure it out in a couple tries, or just can't rinse and repeat enough to finish a fight (especially in stonecore) Or, dps that can't out dps the tank, tanks that can't tps and move at the same time..

There needs to be a dungeon finder qualification system, to get these utter baddies out.

Inconsistancy

AO=Anarchy Online

DAoC=Dark Age of Camelot

I agree on your idea of a qualification system. Didn't Wrath have something like that with a gear requirement? Maybe they could expand on that.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Game is as easy as it used to be in vanilla and TBC. Nothing more nothing less... The ONLY people youll see crying are the newbies that started playing in Wotlk and got no clue what wow was before that. Other than that i pretty think game is very easy... At first was nightmare i might admit , but when i hit around 345-350 ilvl healing was way easier and as tanks/dps geared up as well , heroics felt so "Easy". By saying easy , I DONT MEAN anything as easy as WOTLK... That was beyond easy.. that was a joke seriously. So when i say easy , please dont think about wotlk. About people leaving party , well i cant blame them. When you see dpsers with 3k dps at 85 in heroic , or people constantly failing on simple tactics/mechanics or even worse , people that think they still playing WOTLK where you can pull whole instance and AOE it down ... Well no!! Bosses 1 shot , more mistakes than intended = wipe and imo , thats the way it should be.
raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
They're great if you have a guild , or a group of compent players . Freaking terrible if you have a group of wrath babies
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Inconsistancy

AO=Anarchy Online

DAoC=Dark Age of Camelot

I agree on your idea of a qualification system. Didn't Wrath have something like that with a gear requirement? Maybe they could expand on that.

XxChicagoTedXx

I don't mean the iLevel qualification system that was implemented in wrath and still exists, I mean there needs to be something like the challenges in SC2, but to qualify for your class and roll for the dungeon finder, and have a rating that boots your chances to get into the group or allows for lower players to be propped up by higher players, to increase the average chance of success.

For dps, a minimum required dps output (with an explanation on rotation), a kiting lesson(for certain classes) and maximum amount of damage taken, for healers, juts not ooming and damage taken.. And tanks would need tps (while moving), one shot mechanic avoidance, and positioning requirements (such as in blackrock cavern's 3rd boss, having to take the boss through the edge NOT THE CENTER -.-)

Also gear would need to be normalized so you'd not ever out gear the challenge, as in selected for you.

Then you could be given a rating that applies to your tank/dps/healing spec, and use that to link in trade, so people are willing to accept people who haven't got the achievement, but the skill.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Well for me they've become way too easy once again. We never CC anymore just aoe everything down and never stop for mana. The only challenging thing left about them is the achieves and even thats too easy.

The people crying about it are just people who started playing during wrath and are terrible. Compared to Vanilla this is nothing.

My hats off to them with the raids though. They are real fun up to now and I can't wait to fight Rag again!

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Inconsistancy

Well for me they've become way too easy once again. We never CC anymore just aoe everything down and never stop for mana. The only challenging thing left about them is the achieves and even thats too easy.

The people crying about it are just people who started playing during wrath and are terrible. Compared to Vanilla this is nothing.

My hats off to them with the raids though. They are real fun up to now and I can't wait to fight Rag again!

Prexxus

Healing's way more annoying now... I loved healing vanilla-midbc, those were golden ages of healing, with having to have a few ranks of each spell pulled out... Now it's just Painfully slow efficient heals or overpriced heals. (druid shaman, haven't leveled my pally/priest yet..)

I honestly don't remember vanilla being hard, so 'Compared to Vanilla, this is nothing' makes no sense to me..

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts
[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

Healing's way more annoying now... I loved healing vanilla-midbc, those were golden ages of healing, with having to have a few ranks of each spell pulled out... Now it's just Painfully slow efficient heals or overpriced heals. (druid shaman, haven't leveled my pally/priest yet..)

I honestly don't remember vanilla being hard, so 'Compared to Vanilla, this is nothing' makes no sense to me..

Dunno why healers are complaining =/ All my healers seem to be loving it and have no problems at all doing it.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I don't find them difficult, the real difficulty are the other players. In fact they are much easier than the lvl 60 dungeons in vanilla. The thing is that you can't really outgear the instances; for lower i-level players it actually requires strategy and correct use of CC and a minimum amount of DPS to go trough. So the newbies, with their bloodied gear and a high overestimation of their abilities, get their ass handed and the well geared and experienced people can't completely destroy it. Both ends get to hate it.

Problem is just lack of experience, most people don't know the fights, how to gem, how to enchant etc etc. Problem is also the lack of patience and assistance from other players towards the less experienced ones. It is not really the heroics but the community that is hard to deal with.

Edit: Why the **** does this text thingy always eats my spacing :evil: ?!

DivineFaithLoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DivineFaithLoL
Member since 2011 • 36 Posts
If you have to pug/LFD Tool you might as well quit wow. If you have a decent guild your okay.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Inconsistancy

"Dunno why healers are complaining =/ All my healers seem to be loving it and have no problems at all doing it."

I have no trouble with it, just hate it. ahhh rage!!! Also, your healers may be on drugs, all the healers I know haven't liked the changes, especially to druids and disc priest (which are apparently not even viable) Pallies seem to be content.. quite content, suspeciously content even.

"If you have to pug/LFD Tool you might as well quit wow. If you have a decent guild your okay."

That's dumb, It's convenient when guildies are occupied, not on, or they already did their daily. I also usually gear up at odd times, since I usually have a ton of alts, so I kinda have to pug with those. (already 5 85's...)

deadxsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deadxsouls
Member since 2010 • 117 Posts

I used to be a WoW junkie, until Cataclysm. It's not the fact that they were hard, it's mostly the wait time in queue. To me the game is just very stale now.

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
To me, the Cataclysm heroics have been very easy. It took me only 3 days to master all of the heroics and know what each mob and boss does. Then again, my skill set isn't average by any means. The biggest problem I see is that people don't have the proper gear. Lots of ungemmed pieces, absolutely no reforging, etc. Mastery is a wicked stat when stat correctly. Once you are in ilvl 346's, heroics become a breeze.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I quit back in September, but my friends who are casual raiders say there are some problems. First, is that they made the heroic much harder than WotLK and not only that, but added one-shot mechanics to many of the boss fights. That's fine if you are playing with people you know, but the casuals despite the numerous "l2p" insults are definitely not going to "l2p" which means you cannot get through a heroic using the dungeon finder with anythign approaching 25%. This has led to problem two, ridiculous wait times for DPS. Tanks wont queue because they don't want to bang their heads against a wall with noob DPS who wont follow orders or pay attention, and healers wont queue because of the level of concentration/effort they have to put in just to keep everyone alive in heroics after the healing nerfs is more than they can take with randoms. The third problem is that the dungeons are much longer than WotLK or even BC, so on average with a good group it takes 45-60 minutes to finish a heroic. Combine that with the super-long queues for DPS (45 minutes or more) and it will take many people well over 90 minutes to get one heroic. Thats assuming you don't get kicked or faceplant on the first boss.

So yeah, its not so much they made them hard, but they made them hardER + longer + expect casuals to "l2p" because losing a DPS (even a bad one) usually means a boss enrage and a wipe.

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
It's good that casuals are being guided to learn to play. This increases the pool of knowledgabpe players which in the end improves the game experience for everyone. I will admit however that the game lost alot its casual friendly atmosphere. I enjoy playing casually as I can play a my own leisure. Shoupd Blizzard make things easier? Yes. They already are, tweaking things here and there. At the same time, I want the game to still have a measure of difficulty. It makes it all the more satisfying when you down a raid boss and such. As for the DPS queue times, Blizzard needs to buff up tanks and heals. I am a Paladin tank and I am too dependent on the skill and gear of the healer. Even with heal spec + judge, I am taking too much damage. Perhaps implement a spell damage reduction talent, say 15% spell damage reduce. I have the TB tanking trinket and while it's nice, I lose quite a bit of stam.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I just started playing WoW in December, and as a new player, I find the community incredibly terrible. It's probably that way for most new players, but I found the elitist snobs on Diablo to be nice swell guys compared to the guys I found in WoW. I wish there was a way for less experienced players to learn the instances and the inctricacies of the game before being thrown to the wolves, maybe I'm just naturally terrible at the game. I also find the way that people all quit the instance after wiping once very poor sportsmanship, no embracing the challenge at all. People sort of expect you to know the levels inside and out no matter how new you are. Also, Tanks are not very new player friendly, as I found out, I'm often expected to know exactly where to go, who to pull, and what abilities to use and at what point in the fights, and if I don't know, I get booted. No way to learn if I never get a chance. WoW for me is fun, but incredibly rough for starting so late.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

I just started playing WoW in December, and as a new player, I find the community incredibly terrible. It's probably that way for most new players, but I found the elitist snobs on Diablo to be nice swell guys compared to the guys I found in WoW. I wish there was a way for less experienced players to learn the instances and the inctricacies of the game before being thrown to the wolves, maybe I'm just naturally terrible at the game. I also find the way that people all quit the instance after wiping once very poor sportsmanship, no embracing the challenge at all. People sort of expect you to know the levels inside and out no matter how new you are. Also, Tanks are not very new player friendly, as I found out, I'm often expected to know exactly where to go, who to pull, and what abilities to use and at what point in the fights, and if I don't know, I get booted. No way to learn if I never get a chance. WoW for me is fun, but incredibly rough for starting so late.

MLBknights58

If you are going into instances with random people and expecting these random people to show you the ropes patiently, you will continue to be disapointed with the community. People queueing up for random dungeons expect the group members to know what to do. However, you should be getting your guild (you are in one, right?) to help you learn the basics and even run instances with you.

There are lots of other resources out there to help you learn. There are countless websites, videos, etc. I know that when I was learning new dungeons or raid bosses (I was a tank so I was expected to know EVERYTHING and for every group role too, especially in raids) I spent a lot of hours reviewing the info on the raid bosses so I would know what to expect before I had 24 other people relying on me to do the right thing and not fail.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Inconsistancy

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

mkaliaz

If you are going into instances with random people and expecting these random people to show you the ropes patiently, you will continue to be disapointed with the community. People queueing up for random dungeons expect the group members to know what to do. However, you should be getting your guild (you are in one, right?) to help you learn the basics and even run instances with you.

There are lots of other resources out there to help you learn. There are countless websites, videos, etc. I know that when I was learning new dungeons or raid bosses (I was a tank so I was expected to know EVERYTHING and for every group role too, especially in raids) I spent a lot of hours reviewing the info on the raid bosses so I would know what to expect before I had 24 other people relying on me to do the right thing and not fail.

See! This is exactly the place for my challenge dungeon finder qualification system, to keep people who suck out of the groups, and teach them how to deal with mechanics, so when they do succeed at the challenge, they wont be garbage in the group, and wont end up hating the community for being a bunch of elitist jerks!

That's kinda silly, spending hours reading up on crap, sounds like you're a bit timid, I'll go in to any instance and wing it, regardless of role, maybe asking what basically the boss does, but never seeing it 'til it happens.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

MLBknights58
WoW community is the worst ever. Im playing since day 1 of vanilla , im Diablo 2 veteran as well as many other online games ( counter strike,Warcraft,Dota,LoL etc ). You WONT find any other game with so many "elitistic" kids trying to prove that doin something awesome in their lifes thru a game..!! Period. Most rotten , idiotic and bad community in a game ever. I got like 123124141 examples. And sadly many of them will go to Diablo 3!! Hoho ...
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
They are butt easy. They only seem hard because unlike in wrath, everyone isn't outgearing the heroics by 3 or more tiers.