This topic is locked from further discussion.

Titans23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Titans23
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
does this game get better towards the middle and end cuz it sux right now
sauron901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 sauron901
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts
i hate witcher i went to act 3 and it sucks, dont play it
arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
^^ most hilarious comment I've read in recent times. It's good!
Titans23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Titans23
i hate witcher i went to act 3 and it sucks, dont play itsauron901
im with you i think its horrible
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
What exactly don't you like about it at the moment?
doug789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 doug789
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
Whats wrong with the game? I am around half way through act 2, doing all the side missions as possible, playing poker dice and exploring all the areas of the game. and atm its a great game.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
I love how half the people that don't like it don't have a reason, and the other half that don't like it just don't like that style of gameplay. If you don't like the game, stop saying it sucks, just give your reasons why you aren't enjoying it.
arun_pullat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arun_pullat
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

I loved it. One of the few recent games that have been able to keep me riveted...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

If youre still in act 1, then yeah, it gets better... alot.

if youre in act 2-3 then nope.

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
I thought it was a rather good game. Just try to immerse yourself in the world and you can easily spend lots of time. Especially if you do all the side quests and etc.
zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
The witcher is probably one of the best RPGs I've ever played
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

Personally, I loved every minute of it, and would probably put it in my top ten RPGs of all time.

It would really help if you mentioned what you're not liking about the game...but then again, if you're not enjoying the first few chapters, it's probably not the right game for you.

robertlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 robertlie
Member since 2003 • 866 Posts

I can understand the "this is not my cup of tea" attitude towards the game...but people saying that they hate it and it sucks!? Thats either trolling and/or plain, simple bad taste and judgement.

SetsuOkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 SetsuOkun
Member since 2006 • 136 Posts
well i don't like it but it's one of the best games there is of this kind.
the witcher.
the thing is there is 2 different gameplay possible, and me being the baldur'gate fan that i am i rather play the 'everything with the mouse' gameplay.

anyway. i find it nice but not violent enough regarding sword contact with the enemies, no heads rolling(only on pc.) etc...

i don't like the main char visuals can someone tell me if the 'play with any npc' trick is still available in the enhanced version?

i can't go with the world, it's not rationally explainable, it's more like a gut feeling or something..

the whole 'he's the man! in bed AND in battles!' kind of presentation of the hero doesn't interest me at all. i'm not interested in playing a halfgod i want to play a normal person who might happen to end up being a hero of some sort.

regarding the bed thing, why bother putting sex in the game if there isn't any scene, just like godofwar it doesn't serve any purpose (and don't tell me it gives him some points of some sort, he does not need it at that time. if you could find some girl at a difficult moment in the game to give you some of those points ! but there isn't any when needed. there is only 2 in ONE point of the game -why two by the way?so he can ....'prove' his manliness? he freaking just KILLED a hydra damn it! what do you need more? and that was way more hot than 2 females in one bed.)

all in all. a nice game but when you're hungry for a game (dragon age, not there yet.) don't go checking another one out of frustration. ....well or maybe , yes because i wouldn't have played it if dragon age was out.

by the way, the fact i continued playing through the end of the 2nd chapter proves how good it is: i don't have any interest in the game or it's protagonists.
Solidus171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solidus171
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

The Witcher's failing is that the beginning and middle do suck. Ass. The beginning seems to be devoid of the point and slow, whilst the middle seems to skip around the edges of the crux of the story. But hit Act 4, 5 and Epilogue...EVERYTHING is tied up and the story starts to close itself and really shines. The issue is that character progression is incredibly slow until act 5, you will use the same weapons and armor, and only later do you hit the meat of RPG goodness.

The story is very slow, so do NOT take it lightly from the start. The game is created for side quests and getting distracted. The main quest pops up at times, and the real way to play this game is to have fun doing whatever, until the main quest becomes involved, then tackle it. Basically in a nut shell: Forget about the main quest and explore every shred of quest and detail whilst playing, and attempt the main quest afterwards...90% of the Witcher's content comes from additional missions and distractions.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

The Witcher's failing is that the beginning and middle do suck. Ass. The beginning seems to be devoid of the point and slow, whilst the middle seems to skip around the edges of the crux of the story. But hit Act 4, 5 and Epilogue...EVERYTHING is tied up and the story starts to close itself and really shines. The issue is that character progression is incredibly slow until act 5, you will use the same weapons and armor, and only later do you hit the meat of RPG goodness.

The story is very slow, so do NOT take it lightly from the start. The game is created for side quests and getting distracted. The main quest pops up at times, and the real way to play this game is to have fun doing whatever, until the main quest becomes involved, then tackle it. Basically in a nut shell: Forget about the main quest and explore every shred of quest and detail whilst playing, and attempt the main quest afterwards...90% of the Witcher's content comes from additional missions and distractions.

Solidus171
Actually, it's not that the story just isn't there in the first few chapters. It's that you're pretty much required to gather info on what's really going on, and you don't actually start finding out until about chapter 3. The game actually requires you to find out for yourself what's going on, not just have you stumble across somebody who's having a cloak and dagger conversation and spills every last detail(which is a really really cheap plot device, btw).
Solidus171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solidus171
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
[QUOTE="Solidus171"]

Greyfeld

Actually, it's not that the story just isn't there in the first few chapters. It's that you're pretty much required to gather info on what's really going on, and you don't actually start finding out until about chapter 3. The game actually requires you to find out for yourself what's going on, not just have you stumble across somebody who's having a cloak and dagger conversation and spills every last detail(which is a really really cheap plot device, btw).

I understand that. It's just that one of my last points said the Witcher is pretty much a game full of diversions (dice poker, contracts) and losing track of the main quest is so incredibly easy. I found myself a couple of times playing and I tripped a key plot point and I forgot what I was originally fighting for. That means you lose track, especially in Chapter 2. Once everything starts coming together and the knots get tied in chapter 4, that is when The Witcher hits gold. Unfortunately it's rather slow paced at the beginning. I found that this setting is wonderful as the tension builds up nicely, but people who aren't experienced with in depth RPGs will lose patience really soon.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
^^ most hilarious comment I've read in recent times. It's good!arijit_2404
or just his opinion on the game? Any its a good game but wayyyyyyyy overated by the pc crowd.
raunaq_morarka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raunaq_morarka
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts
I loved everything about it from start to end.It's a fantastic game.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
Boring click click click gameplay is what killed the experience for me. Ugly graphics too.
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _rpg_FAN
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts
Boring click click click gameplay is what killed the experience for me. Ugly graphics too.nmaharg
Hmmm rpg is neither about gameplay or graphics?
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"]Boring click click click gameplay is what killed the experience for me. Ugly graphics too._rpg_FAN

How so? That makes zero sense.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

i hate witcher i went to act 3 and it sucks, dont play itsauron901

Says the guy with Wario in his avy lol:roll:

But to the thread starter, yes it does pick up after the begining.

_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _rpg_FAN

[QUOTE="_rpg_FAN"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]Boring click click click gameplay is what killed the experience for me. Ugly graphics too.nmaharg

A role-playing game (RPG; often roleplaying game) is a game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional characters.Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization,and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.Within the rules, players have the freedom to improvise; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the game.

Some of best role playing games ever created are not known for graphics.

Planescape Torment vs Unreal Tournament.

Both are released @ aproximate same time, but unreal looks way bether and its 3D

But,Planescape Torment is one of best ROLE PLAYING games ever created.Why? Not because it have great graphics,but because it offer AWESOME ROLEPLAYING

Here is FALLOUT,also one of greatest RPG games ever,and its released in ~1997. Its graphics are nothing special.

Quake (game from 1996) will own it in graphics/gameplay anyday.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="_rpg_FAN"] Hmmm rpg is neither about gameplay or graphics?_rpg_FAN

A role-playing game (RPG; often roleplaying game) is a game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional characters.Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization,and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.Within the rules, players have the freedom to improvise; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the game.

Some of best role playing games ever created are not known for graphics.

Planescape Torment vs Unreal Tournament.

Both are released @ aproximate same time, but unreal looks way bether and its 3D

But,Planescape Torment is one of best ROLE PLAYING games ever created.Why? Not because it have great graphics,but because it offer AWESOME ROLEPLAYING

You can have all 3. Roleplaying, graphics and gameplay. If a game doesn't have all of these my chances of enjoying it are pretty low. The witcher simply looks like crap and aside from the mini games is pretty boring. Again this is all my opinion. Personally I think its way over rated.
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _rpg_FAN

You can have all 3. Roleplaying, graphics and gameplay.

No you cant. RPG games will allways be behind in graphics,and gameplay depends.

If a game doesn't have all of these my chances of enjoying it are pretty low.

Than you are probably not playing it because of ROLE PLAYING. For you its just another game(shooter?)

The witcher simply looks like crap and aside from the mini games is pretty boring.

It doesnt, it looks pretty good for RPG. Name 3 RPG games that look bether (post pics)

Again this is all my opinion. Personally I think its way over rated.

It might not be great game (for mainstream) but its great RPGnmaharg

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nmaharg
Mass effect, stalker, fallout, and even oblivion look better, and find images yourself. All 4 play better also.
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _rpg_FAN
Mass effect, stalker, fallout, and even oblivion look better, and find images yourself. All 4 play better also.nmaharg
Stalker is not rpg, oblivion is great game but not so great rpg, fallout(3) and mass effect do look bether but not so much especialy console versions.
Titans23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Titans23

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]You can have all 3. Roleplaying, graphics and gameplay.

Than you are probably not playing it because of ROLE PLAYING. For you its just another game(shooter?)

The witcher simply looks like crap and aside from the mini games is pretty boring.

It doesnt, it looks pretty good for RPG. Name 3 RPG games that look bether (post pics)

It might not be great game (for mainstream) but its great RPG_rpg_FAN

um being behind in gameplay and graphics what is final fantasy?
prlyknitswtr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 prlyknitswtr
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts
I just picked up the Enhanced version and the graphics are far from ugly. maybe your system cant handle it or something i dunno. but it runs good, its a more "mature" rpg, the combo system is cool and different. this isnt a typical click click click hack and slash. if you just click over and over, you wont be able to attack very efficiently. if you've actually played the game you would realize this.
TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 TheCaveRat
Member since 2006 • 3672 Posts
I'm in between on it. I got to Act 3, and I guess you could say I'm taking a break. Idk what about it makes it slightly boring to me, at times I found it really fun, but most the time I'm contemplating whether to stop playing for the day or keep going.
TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheCaveRat
[QUOTE="_rpg_FAN"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]You can have all 3. Roleplaying, graphics and gameplay.

It might not be great game (for mainstream) but its great RPGTitans23

um being behind in gameplay and graphics what is final fantasy?

Lol, I do agree, I can't stand menu navigating turn based RPGs. But I remember when FFX came out, my brother got it, I was like OMG BEAUTIFUL! But that's really the newest FF game I've seen more than 5 minutes.
TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheCaveRat
[QUOTE="_rpg_FAN"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]Boring click click click gameplay is what killed the experience for me. Ugly graphics too.nmaharg

I agree, sure graphics definately aren't everything. Seriously though, gameplay shoud be the most important thing of any game. I guarantee no one, unless they are stupid, will keep playing a game if they hate the gameplay.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nmaharg
I just picked up the Enhanced version and the graphics are far from ugly. maybe your system cant handle it or something i dunno. but it runs good, its a more "mature" rpg, the combo system is cool and different. this isnt a typical click click click hack and slash. if you just click over and over, you wont be able to attack very efficiently. if you've actually played the game you would realize this.prlyknitswtr
Timed click click click is still click click click. Only difference is now they make me pay attention to the lame combat.
Titans23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Titans23
I just picked up the Enhanced version and the graphics are far from ugly. maybe your system cant handle it or something i dunno. but it runs good, its a more "mature" rpg, the combo system is cool and different. this isnt a typical click click click hack and slash. if you just click over and over, you wont be able to attack very efficiently. if you've actually played the game you would realize this.prlyknitswtr
why do ppl say this game is mature? cuz the whores in it? other than that it's pretty standard to me.
iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts
i finished this game and was pretty dam good
prlyknitswtr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 prlyknitswtr
[QUOTE="prlyknitswtr"]I just picked up the Enhanced version and the graphics are far from ugly. maybe your system cant handle it or something i dunno. but it runs good, its a more "mature" rpg, the combo system is cool and different. this isnt a typical click click click hack and slash. if you just click over and over, you wont be able to attack very efficiently. if you've actually played the game you would realize this.Titans23
why do ppl say this game is mature? cuz the whores in it? other than that it's pretty standard to me.

yea thats basically it. and the language.
zaxafreon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 zaxafreon
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

social

[QUOTE="prlyknitswtr"]I just picked up the Enhanced version and the graphics are far from ugly. maybe your system cant handle it or something i dunno. but it runs good, its a more "mature" rpg, the combo system is cool and different. this isnt a typical click click click hack and slash. if you just click over and over, you wont be able to attack very efficiently. if you've actually played the game you would realize this.Titans23

Well it also has racial and social ( eg elves and dwarfs are outcasted ) issues portrayed in game as well nude pictures

prlyknitswtr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 prlyknitswtr

social[QUOTE="Titans23"][QUOTE="prlyknitswtr"]I just picked up the Enhanced version and the graphics are far from ugly. maybe your system cant handle it or something i dunno. but it runs good, its a more "mature" rpg, the combo system is cool and different. this isnt a typical click click click hack and slash. if you just click over and over, you wont be able to attack very efficiently. if you've actually played the game you would realize this.zaxafreon

Well it also has racial and social ( eg elves and dwarfs are outcasted ) issues portrayed in game as well nude pictures

plus, there isnt anything in the game that could be considered "cute" and/or "childish". It pretty much has a serious tone throughout both visually and story.
Titans23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Titans23
[QUOTE="zaxafreon"]

social[QUOTE="Titans23"] why do ppl say this game is mature? cuz the whores in it? other than that it's pretty standard to me.prlyknitswtr

plus, there isnt anything in the game that could be considered "cute" and/or "childish". It pretty much has a serious tone throughout both visually and story.

well i mean its not like it should stand out cuz its "mature."
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

It is mature because it touches alot of subjects such as rasism, biggatry, betrail (and no not the lame cookie cutter final fantasy kind). It is dark and brooding, and holds little punches to what a fantasy world would likely look like.

Also on the subject of graphics: yeah umm I usually play my games on maxed out gfx, and if you think Oblivion or Fallout 3 looks better then the witcher, then you are 1) blind as a bat 2) simply saying it since they are first person. Oblivion is pretty abysmal looking with alot of bloom covering over bad texture and pop ins.

the witcher does have alot of cheesy moments, some of them make me grind my teeth, but they are far better then Mass effects extremely sub par sci-fi clichees.

One thing that might be hard on alot of people is the fact that IF you want to learn about things in the witcher you better search for answers yourself, youre being spooned nothing, and alot of people seems to get somfused by the fact that there is no right or wrong in the game.

It is a game that goes hand in hand with old wrpgs, and that part of it I love (altho the lame sex scenes make me cringe).