The PC is the place for a RPG gamer!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fubbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 377

User Lists: 0

#1 fubbal
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts

Man I am a role playing game fanatic but like lots of other kind of games as well. If your an rpg gamer and wondering what machine is the best for RPG's it is with out a doubt the PC.Let Me give you my reasons!

1 star wars knights of the old republic

2 star wars knights of the old republic 2

3 the eldar scrolls 3 morrowind

4 the eldar scrolls 4 oblivion

5 NeverWinter nights

6 Neverwinter nights 2

7 Baldurs gate

8 Baldurs gate 2

9 Fallout

10 fallout 2

11 fallout 3

12 world of war craft

and thats just the tip of the ice berg anyone else want to list some super cool RPG's! This is for anyone wondering about RPG's on the PC.I am telling you I used to hard core console gamer but the PC just set me straight this is the console of choice for role playing games in my opinion!

drumbreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 drumbreak1
Member since 2008 • 1316 Posts
you're aware half of those are for consoles too right?
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
you missed The Witcher >.>
Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
you're aware half of those are for consoles too right?drumbreak1
Well, almost.. But they are still better on PC.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

You mentioned WOW

/Thread fails.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Greyfeld

You mentioned WOW

/Thread fails.

October_Tide

Hate WoW as much as you want, no other game in history can boast an 11 million subscription base.

ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
[QUOTE="October_Tide"]

You mentioned WOW

/Thread fails.

Greyfeld

Hate WoW as much as you want, no other game in history can boast an 11 million subscription base.

11 million no lifers who can't get off their arse and find a decent game to play, true. But on topic: You could have just said either Fallout 2 or Baldur's Gate 2 to prove your point, ya know. :) /fanboyism........but it's true!
Katzenbalger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Katzenbalger
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts
While i agree that the PC is great for RPGs, it's really more the place for WRPGS. If you want JRPGs, then the PS2 is the best option, but otherwise the PC is great.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Partially true. JRPG fans would probably want the Xbox 360 console though.
Katzenbalger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Katzenbalger
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

Partially true. JRPG fans would probably want the Xbox 360 console though.Elann2008

Agreed. I bought my 360 for the JRPGs, but as far as quantity goes, there's far more on the PS2. That being said, i'm sure that over time there'll be tons more on the 360.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#11 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Deus Ex 1?
crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

Deus Ex 1? biggest_loser

the only game that needed to be in that list.

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
[QUOTE="Greyfeld"][QUOTE="October_Tide"]

You mentioned WOW

/Thread fails.

the word subscription hurts my eyes. any game you have to pay monthly for = epic fail.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
um.....................................................yeah. duh
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Where's Planescape?
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#16 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Not to forget Jade Empire, Two Worlds, and Mass Effect I love RPGs. Best thing about them is the enormous worlds they are set in along with the cool monsters. Almost all RPGs I have played, have at least 40 hours minimum of gameplay.
Greyskies87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Greyskies87
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

You mentioned WOW

/Thread fails.

ShotGunBunny

11 million no lifers who can't get off their arse and find a decent game to play, true. But on topic: You could have just said either Fallout 2 or Baldur's Gate 2 to prove your point, ya know. :) /fanboyism........but it's true!

How can you bash WoW when your xfire says youve played it for over 270 hours? Sure thats not a whole lot by WoW standards.... but thats still like 10 DAYS.
DennisKumfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 DennisKumfi
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts
Thread fails due to lack of PS:T and Arcanum.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
you named a bunch of sequels !
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Thread fails due to lack of PS:T and Arcanum.DennisKumfi
and bloodlines
bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#21 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts
Plus, games like Oblivion have a lot of mods to make them better.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
consoles over all have more and better rpgs except none can compare to wow in size and quality
DennisKumfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 DennisKumfi
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts
consoles over all have more and better rpgs except none can compare to wow in size and quality tony2077ca
This is wrong on so many levels.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Greyfeld

You mentioned WOW

/Thread fails.

ShotGunBunny

11 million no lifers who can't get off their arse and find a decent game to play, true.

I hate WoW for my own reasons.  However, blizzard did one thing right when they created the game.  They made it extremely friendly to solo/casual players.  Which, think whatever you want, is the majority of the playerbase.  Just because you don't like it doesn't make it false.  Hell, I've tried every free MMO out there, and a few pay-to-play ones... WoW is the only MMO that massive, that is that friendly to solo/casual play.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
The PC is the place for every genre except for sports games I suppose. I guess you could also give fighting games to the consoles, but if you know where to look - all the best fighting games ever released can be played on the PC (and with online capabilities!).
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#27 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="October_Tide"]

You mentioned WOW

/Thread fails.

Greyfeld

It's a good game, I enjoy it. Whenever anything is popular, it will tend to have more haters than a lesser-known game. People can **** all they want, but really - if you don't have anything good to say then why bother saying anything at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

oh for the love of god! one of the most popular TV shows in history is American Idol for crying out loud!

And what will whining about American Idol do to get it taken off of the air? And really, just because you want it to be taken off the air, that doesn't mean there aren't people who enjoy watching the show. There are worse shows on television that are pretty popular as well - Oprah for example. I'm not going to go to a talk show forum and complain about how much Oprah sucks, because then that pretty much contradicts my previous statements that people who watch Oprah have no lives.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
[QUOTE="SEANMCADoh for the love of god! one of the most popular TV shows in history is American Idol for crying out loud!

best selling hamburger is most likely McDonalds.

I guess a Honda Civic is a better car becuase they sell more of them then Porche's

Yea...not really sure where you are going with this now. But McDonalds, Honda and American Idol all have their great share of haters, which is pretty much what you are doing now which actually supports my arguement...so, what exactly are you trying to say?

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Greyfeld

Yea...not really sure where you are going with this now. But McDonalds, Honda and American Idol all have their great share of haters, which is pretty much what you are doing now which actually supports my arguement...so, what exactly are you trying to say?

1. I am really sorry my words do not make my point clear to you and that I have to spell it out for you but there it is I will.
2. Sales DO NOT EQUAL quality.

Sales mean SOMEBODY is enjoying the product.  Just because you don't happen to think the product has the qualities you believe it should have, does not mean it does not have quality.  It just means that you don't enjoy the product.  Don't look at something subjectively and try to pan it off as facts.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]consoles over all have more and better rpgs except none can compare to wow in size and quality DennisKumfi
This is wrong on so many levels.

hows that
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
ps2 is the rpg place sorry
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 naval
Yeah, I agree pc has got many and so much better rpgs
you are aware that he hasn't even listed half of half of the rpgs available for pc
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="naval"]Yeah, I agree pc has got many and so much better rpgs
you are aware that he hasn't even listed half of half of the rpgs available for pc

i have to disagree there are good ones on pc but over all consoles have more good ones for me atleast
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 naval
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"]Yeah, I agree pc has got many and so much better rpgs

i have to disagree there are good ones on pc but over all consoles have more good ones for me atleast

please consoles don't even come close ... they just have those linear weird jrpgs that's all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Thank you Greyfield, I am glad to see somebody else sees it my way. And Sean, I made my point. Anything that is popular has its share of haters, it doesn't mean it's a bad game because you and other people say it is. You keep talking about how people supposedly think if one person likes a game everyone else must, which a lot of people might think that way I don't know, but it is completely out of context with what I said and doesn't really apply much to the current conversation we are having. I am just saying I enjoy WOW and think it's a good game, and I am pretty sure if you look anywhere on the Internet you will see smear topics about WOW from people who have nothing better to do. If you don't like a game, you are entitled to that opinion, but don't start dissing that game and putting down the people who play it. That is all I am trying to say here.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"] you are aware that he hasn't even listed half of half of the rpgs available for pc

please consoles don't even come close ... they just have those linear weird jrpgs that's all

lol i wish i could believe you but its just not possible and whats wrong with jrpgs don't like rpgs with good stories or what
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 naval
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"] i have to disagree there are good ones on pc but over all consoles have more good ones for me atleast

lol i wish i could believe you but its just not possible and whats wrong with jrpgs don't like rpgs with good stories or what

lol i wish i could correct you but its not possible. and yeah i like jrpgs with good stories and what, but i havn't found any till now
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Greyfeld
[QUOTE="Greyfeld"]

1. I am really sorry my words do not make my point clear to you and that I have to spell it out for you but there it is I will.
2. Sales DO NOT EQUAL quality.SEANMCAD

Sales mean SOMEBODY is enjoying the product.  Just because you don't happen to think the product has the qualities you believe it should have, does not mean it does not have quality.  It just means that you don't enjoy the product.  Don't look at something subjectively and try to pan it off as facts.

Ok so lets follow this a bit shall we. Step 1: I see an add for a game and I read a review seems like a good game Step 2: I buy the game Step 3: becusae I bought the game it must mean I liked it. Even though I havent actually played it yet. if you please, try to figure out my point above without me having to spell it out in even more detail.

And here I thought we were talking about mcdonalds and honda.

The game market works differently than other standard product companies.  Since games are a 1-time sale, you have to look at player reviews and sales over time, instead of initial sales.  You're comparing apples to oranges here.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"] please consoles don't even come close ... they just have those linear weird jrpgs that's all

lol i wish i could correct you but its not possible. and yeah i like jrpgs with good stories and what, but i havn't found any till now

correct me?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"] i have to disagree there are good ones on pc but over all consoles have more good ones for me atleasttony2077ca

II agree, I tend to find more good console and jrpgs than I do good PC rpgs. There are some good PC rpgs, but in my own opinion console rpgs have more depth and a certain style of play that you usually don't receive from playing a PC rpg.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"] please consoles don't even come close ... they just have those linear weird jrpgs that's allOvirew

II agree, I tend to find more good console and jrpgs than I do good PC rpgs. There are some good PC rpgs, but in my own opinion console rpgs have more depth and a certain style of play that you usually don't receive from playing a PC rpg.

play any ps2 ones like p3 .hack ff
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naval
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"] lol i wish i could believe you but its just not possible and whats wrong with jrpgs don't like rpgs with good stories or what

correct me?

ah .. don't take it seriously ... i just wanted to show there is no point in arguing over opinion, so i was trying to copy what you say and present it from my point of view. anyways personally speaking, i have yet to find a console exclusive rpg that I would give more than 7.0-7.5 out of 10
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"] lol i wish i could correct you but its not possible. and yeah i like jrpgs with good stories and what, but i havn't found any till now

correct me?

ah .. don't take it seriously ... i just wanted to show there is no point in arguing over opinion, so i was trying to copy what you say and present it from my point of view. anyways personally speaking, i have yet to find a console exclusive rpg that I would give more than 7.0-7.5 out of 10

i was just wondering what you meant by that
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 naval
[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"] correct me?

by correct you i meant to show you pc has better rpgs (it was just a sarcastic statement to point out that you cannot change someone's opinions by presenting yours)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
[QUOTE="Ovirew"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"] lol i wish i could believe you but its just not possible and whats wrong with jrpgs don't like rpgs with good stories or whattony2077ca

play any ps2 ones like p3 .hack ff

Ps2 had some good RPGs, but I also thought the system had a problem with too many sub-par RPG releases as well. I never cared for the persona or .hack games, (shin megami tensei digital devil saga was okay, but not really unique or amazing or anything...again kinda subpar.) liked FFX of course, Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits was intriguing, Disgaea was great, the Dark Cloud games were fun, enjoyed Drakengard, had fun with a lot of them but then there were just a lot of them I felt were a waste of money and unoriginal in every way from the story to the gameplay. And some that were pure crap. But yeah, it had some good rpgs.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tony2077ca
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="naval"] ah .. don't take it seriously ... i just wanted to show there is no point in arguing over opinion, so i was trying to copy what you say and present it from my point of view. anyways personally speaking, i have yet to find a console exclusive rpg that I would give more than 7.0-7.5 out of 10

by correct you i meant to show you pc has better rpgs (it was just a sarcastic statement to point out that you cannot change someone's opinions by presenting yours)

oh ok no harm done and over all each has good and bad rpgs so saying one has better isn't really correct just that there more consoles one because there are more then one console and it will always be that way and some rpgs are released on a console that aren't released on pc