the crysis beta is terrible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Deamon321
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts

wow this was horrible. on the rig in my sig i could BARELY run it on medium and it wanst very playable it just didnt lagg lieke crazy. I swear if the demo is like this, im not even going to consider touching the game. the sad part is that u can see a good game underneath but its so poorly optimized that you cant even play.

Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts
Possibly the lack of 512MB or more VRAM? also try OCing the CPU and Grafx Card,you should notice a considerable performance jump.
IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IQT786
Member since 2005 • 2604 Posts
u need more vram
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Um, NDA?
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

Um, NDA?Einhanderkiller

Saying the game is choppy violates NDA? Like those things ever work.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Um, NDA?Deihmos

They do work. People generally just get quietly tossed out of the beta or blacklisted for future ones if they get caught. I think the silliest example was the guy in [H]... he got into the Conan beta, posted in a thread saying "I'm in the Conan beta," then got an email a few hours later saying he's been kicked out for making that forum post. :)
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deamon321
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts
wow man, they said they were gonna be optimizing for the next six months, its been 3 months and they ahve a lot of work to do.
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihmos"]

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Um, NDA?Makari

They do work. People generally just get quietly tossed out of the beta or blacklisted for future ones if they get caught. I think the silliest example was the guy in [H]... he got into the Conan beta, posted in a thread saying "I'm in the Conan beta," then got an email a few hours later saying he's been kicked out for making that forum post. :)

I find it hard to believe anybody could get kicked out of a beta by breaking NDA on gamespot. How would they ever link your gamespot account with your beta account unless you told them? Doesn't add up...

sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts

it isn't your gpu, don't listen to the people with the vram, they know jack all about PC's. It is just a beta, lack of full optimization. Give it time.

Also, what settings and at what resolution are you playing it at? That may cause some problems.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
Demo is in Dx9 or Dx10?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

Its likely just bad optimization. Maybe it doesnt like your brand motherboard, maybe it got dissed by the memory...who knows, but the game WILL run well on your setup upon completion. Thats the important thing.

Just in case, however, I would still do the demo before buying.

dmn_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dmn_fox
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

if that is the case then how were hey able to show crysis on e3 and leipzeg conventions.when i first heard about this game i had a feeling that even the 8 series cards will have difficulties playing this game.........its turning out to be true.

:( :( :( :( :( :( this news is making me reallll sad.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

[QUOTE="Einhanderkiller"]Um, NDA?Deihmos

"*This is a closed beta under NDA. You may not share any information related to the beta. Please refer to the beta NDA for further information."

So, yes, saying the game is choppy violates the NDA. The game developers are simply asking that we not disclose any information about the game just yet as it may hurt them in the future. We should show them some respect for working their asses off to create this game.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
It's so funny when people say all the computer stuff you need to run this game..but they don't know squat. If you have the best hardware out there and the game runs like crap people will say you need more this or you needmore that..people just love to look for dumb excuses to justify a poorly optimized game. You actually may need NASA equipment to run this game decently! And people stop saying Vram..pfft. "Deamon321" what resolution are you running it in?
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
Could be the drivers, could be your OS, are you running XP or Vista? Could be alot of things (probably not a hardware issue, you've got a great rig and should be able run it on high). I assume this is a multiplayer beta maybe you got on a laggy server. Anyway, I agree with others here, you shouldn't be talking about this since you're in the beta.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

u need more vramIQT786

they have a 320m card and can barely run it on medium... it's the GAME

sheesh

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

Possibly the lack of 512MB or more VRAM? also try OCing the CPU and Grafx Card,you should notice a considerable performance jump.Indestructible2

His computer is more than good enough to run Crysis, I'm sure. But it's beta, what do you expect? Of course it's going to be horribly programmed and optimized.

dmn_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dmn_fox
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts

[QUOTE="Indestructible2"]Possibly the lack of 512MB or more VRAM? also try OCing the CPU and Grafx Card,you should notice a considerable performance jump.Skullheart

His computer is more than good enough to run Crysis, I'm sure. But it's beta, what do you expect? Of course it's going to be horribly programmed and optimized.

i hope wat u r saying is true.....i hope this game runs smooth on a decent computer....now im feeling a little better

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="Indestructible2"]Possibly the lack of 512MB or more VRAM? also try OCing the CPU and Grafx Card,you should notice a considerable performance jump.Skullheart

Also alot of games recently have been having compatibility problems(for me). SupCom wasn't playable with AV on. ET:QW couldn't have a second display running or I would get 1-2fps on my easily badass rig. My guess its either optimization issue or something that will most likely be fixed after release (only said most likely because we all know how EA goes about patches).

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts
[QUOTE="Skullheart"]

[QUOTE="Indestructible2"]Possibly the lack of 512MB or more VRAM? also try OCing the CPU and Grafx Card,you should notice a considerable performance jump.Swiftstrike5

Also alot of games recently have been having compatibility problems(for me). SupCom wasn't playable with AV on. ET:QW couldn't have a second display running or I would get 1-2fps on my easily badass rig. My guess its either optimization issue or something that will most likely be fixed after release (only said most likely because we all know how EA goes about patches).

Oh god. Quake Wars' demo was absolutely terrible in every way (performance). I could barely play the damn thing on medium. If you ask me, I say demos are as half as important as the actual game...that's the only way we PC gamers can determine good performance with the real game or not before we buy it.

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 weirjf
[QUOTE="Skullheart"]

[QUOTE="Indestructible2"]Possibly the lack of 512MB or more VRAM? also try OCing the CPU and Grafx Card,you should notice a considerable performance jump.dmn_fox

i hope wat u r saying is true.....i hope this game runs smooth on a decent computer....now im feeling a little better

They would only be hurting the sale of their own product if they didn't make it scalable and optimized for the high-end rig

commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts
Bcoz of u face problem.......need wear power ranger mask.....to fix...it....^^
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

[QUOTE="IQT786"]u need more vramweirjf

sheesh

You expect a 320mb card to run it on medium? If they can pull that off then kudos to Crytek.

Given the footage i've seen I was expecting my twin 768mb 8800GTX's to struggle on the higher sittings so a single 320mb card running it on medium... maybe but who knows.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
I got like EVERYTHING in that guy's sig for my own. If I can play Company of Heroes on high in DX 10 with 25fps I should be able to play Crysis high too.
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 weirjf
[QUOTE="weirjf"]

[QUOTE="IQT786"]u need more vramRocKtheCasbaH

sheesh

You expect a 320mb card to run it on medium? If they can pull that off then kudos to Crytek.

Given the footage i've seen I was expecting my twin 768mb 8800GTX's to struggle.

Then from that logic you are telling me that Crytek is making a game that will stuggle with rigs that are owned by 0.001% of their client base. In which case they will go out of business and deserve it 100%. That isn't the case, but you probably won't realize that until it is released. By release or patch 1 or 2 it will probably run on high with no AA on dual 256 SLI. Why do I say that? Because that is the only way they will SELL GAMES. They will optimize it for the average computer and high-end rigs will be able to run it with all eye candy.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
how many plp dont understand the word beta? It means testing, means there still making the game. What did you expect? Smooth, balanced gameplay with 100 percent optimization? BETA! BETA BETA! not demo BETA!
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="weirjf"]

sheesh

Given the footage i've seen I was expecting my twin 768mb 8800GTX's to struggle on the higher sittings so a single 320mb card running it on medium... maybe but who knows.

ROFL!
Laviethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Laviethan
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

I wonder why EA and Crytek put up CLOSED OFF beta boards that only approved beta testers could access after getting the password. I mean, you got gamespot boards and IGN!, why waste time on putting the flag in the ground signaling "FOCAL POINT FOR BETA INFO" when people are STILL gonna dance around it?

/facepalm

Vasot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vasot
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts

Lets hope the final game runs better from the Beta

Or else many people are going to avoid buying it

DaRockWilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaRockWilder
Member since 2002 • 5451 Posts

I dont think you can expect a beta to be very optimized.

shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts
Yea I have the following : C2D 2.4ghz @ stock speeds Evga 8800GTS 640mb @ Stock speeds 2 gig Ram 500gig Raid config Running on Windows Vista 32bit with the latest Nvidia drivers for crysis. My average FPS = around 15-25 fps..... Regardless if its Crysis or not, people aren't gonna keep playing it if its unplayable, they need to hurry up and at least make it playable so that folks will continue to play it, to give them feedback.
acsguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 acsguitar
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts
[QUOTE="weirjf"]

sheesh

You are smoking crack.

A 320 MB card should run it maxed at 1280x720 no problem. 8800gts 320 runs every game maxed so far for me at 1360x768 at 40-60fps. Dont make things up. Your dual 768 isn't going to struglle and you know it you are just saying that because you want people to think you are way cool for having a rich kid system.

Anyways A: Its Beta B: it could be an issue with the guys PC

acsguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 acsguitar
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts

Yea I have the following : C2D 2.4ghz @ stock speeds Evga 8800GTS 640mb @ Stock speeds 2 gig Ram 500gig Raid config Running on Windows Vista 32bit with the latest Nvidia drivers for crysis. My average FPS = around 15-25 fps..... Regardless if its Crysis or not, people aren't gonna keep playing it if its unplayable, they need to hurry up and at least make it playable so that folks will continue to play it, to give them feedback.shaggymcp

Ugh...can you tell us your resolution. Your FPS doesn't mean squat if you are running at 2400x1200 or whatever.

Riisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Riisu
Member since 2003 • 216 Posts
It's a beta.. A beta is for people to find errors and unoptimized bits and stuff..
Mr_Dukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Mr_Dukes
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

listen, stop being morons, please! its a BETA, its not polished, and poorly optimized right now. there doing this for bugs and improvements, its going to run reasonably crappy reguardless of what you have.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
how many plp dont understand the word beta? It means testing, means there still making the game. What did you expect? Smooth, balanced gameplay with 100 percent optimization? BETA! BETA BETA! not demo BETA!darkfox101
Ever since the Halo 3 public beta thingy people seem to be expecting more from betas. Whenever I join a beta I don't expect everything to be smooth and if anything people should expect a demo to run smooth. A demo is a demonstration of how the final product should turn out, a beta is not.
Mr_Dukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Mr_Dukes
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

listen, stop being morons, please! its a BETA, its not polished, and poorly optimized right now. there doing this for bugs and improvements, its going to run reasonably crappy reguardless of what you have.

RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
[QUOTE="RocKtheCasbaH"][QUOTE="weirjf"]

[QUOTE="IQT786"]u need more vramacsguitar

sheesh

You are smoking crack.

A 320 MB card should run it maxed at 1280x720 no problem. 8800gts 320 runs every game maxed so far for me at 1360x768 at 40-60fps. Dont make things up. Your dual 768 isn't going to struglle and you know it you are just saying that because you want people to think you are way cool for having a rich kid system.

Anyways A: Its Beta B: it could be an issue with the guys PC

Just my two-penneth but I wouldn't have thought a 320mb card would play Crysis on anything better than high-low or low-med. I'm just going on the footage I've seen - it looks like it's going to be a real system hog. & I think the beta excuse is bs TBH. We're too near gold for any major changes to the code.