TF2, A Breath of Fresh Air

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hkhatir
Member since 2009 • 590 Posts

Ok so I picked the game up from best Buy, and had to downlaod all the updates (7gb)

Honestly the agme blew me away. Its so much fun. im primarlily a console player but I can see myself playing this game for a long time.

I put on my headset and since in a NEWb i sucked so i asked for tips and help. The peopel on that game are so friendly and helpful. Everyone just said congrats on joinign the party its a gerat game and proceeded to answer all my questions. I've evr had this ecperience with any console, game. when I play opn Xbox live I never use a headset if im not playing with friends because people are either annoying or just rude.

Is it just that PC agmers are less douchebags. This honetsly makes me wwant to play the game again. I'm so addicted right now.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Yeah it's really fun. i got it at target a couple of weeks ago. still need a mic though.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
In response to the question in your final line... yes, yes it is. :P I love the game as well. And the community (one thing keeping me from really enjoying Counter Strike..) is really cool.
Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

I would say something about spelling, but you seem really excited about the game. Congratulations on picking it up. Team Fortress 2 is one of the reasons i strictly play PC games outside of Fighters. I can't say PC players are less of 'douchebags', per-ce, but we most of us are atleast above the age of 18, thus making some of us a little more mature.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Yep TF2 is by far my most played game in my library. And as far as the PC gaming community vs. consoles, I think you'll find the average age of PC gamers is about 5 years older than its console counterparts.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Congrats and TF2 is very fun indeed. Though i must warn you the community loves to complain, you`ll see once the new update comes out where you will witness the endless complains while in games and in the forums. There are a few douche-bags here and there, but its quite rare based on my experience.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UCF_Knight
Yeah the thing is, hardly anyone under the age of 16 asks their parents to run out and purchase a gaming PC. lol
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts
Yeah the thing is, hardly anyone under the age of 16 asks their parents to run out and purchase a gaming PC. lolUCF_Knight
I did. But failed.
hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hkhatir

Congrats and TF2 is very fun indeed. Though i must warn you the community loves to complain, you`ll see once the new update comes out where you will witness the endless complains while in games and in the forums. There are a few douche-bags here and there, but its quite rare based on my experience. Dante2710

I never realized how a good community really makes a game so good. you dont really see that with consoles. All the servers I played on were terrific. Everyone was helpful and I havent had 1 bad experience.

Do you guys generally stick to 1 server or do you just play any of them???

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UCF_Knight
I did. But failed. martinX3X
And for those that do, their parents would much rather just spend $250 on a console, or listen to their kid whine. :P
Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]Congrats and TF2 is very fun indeed. Though i must warn you the community loves to complain, you`ll see once the new update comes out where you will witness the endless complains while in games and in the forums. There are a few douche-bags here and there, but its quite rare based on my experience. hkhatir

I never realized how a good community really makes a game so good. you dont really see that with consoles. All the servers I played on were terrific. Everyone was helpful and I havent had 1 bad experience.

Whenever you play on a server where you had fun add it to your favourites. I have a list of 10-15 servers that I constantly play on depending on which maps I want to play because I know I'll always have a good time.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Excellent thread, I agree 100%, awesome game is awesome.

Glad you are liking it!

Been playing it since it was in beta and still love it just as much (if not more now)

Here is to a hell of a game and my fav online fps in years

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

You must've accidentally joined a friendly server.. I see and hear just as many idiots on PC and console. There's a reason I've had to turn voice chat completely off on TF2, and it's the same reason I plug my headset into my controller and just dont wear it when I play on 360.

Congrats anyway, it's a fun game and will probably take you a while to get tired of it :)

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

I like how you brought up community's per systems, Ive rarely EVER had a good experience with other people on xbox live, it is 97% covered by people that are just not fun to play with because they are just jerks or simply waaaay to immature. PC without a doubt across most spectrums has a MUCH more friendly community than any console counterpart. With that said though, people on battle.net games like warcraft 3 etc, are some of the worst communities I've ever witnessed.

Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts

I like how you brought up community's per systems, Ive rarely EVER had a good experience with other people on xbox live, it is 97% covered by people that are just not fun to play with because they are just jerks or simply waaaay to immature. PC without a doubt across most spectrums has a MUCH more friendly community than any console counterpart. With that said though, people on battle.net games like warcraft 3 etc, are some of the worst communities I've ever witnessed.

trijity
Overall PC is easily the most mature gaming platform, unfortunately I think it has some of the worst communities as well.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Congrats and TF2 is very fun indeed. Though i must warn you the community loves to complain, you`ll see once the new update comes out where you will witness the endless complains while in games and in the forums. There are a few douche-bags here and there, but its quite rare based on my experience. Dante2710
I'm one of those douche bags who love to complain about valve updates! :D :P Especially on this game! :P Back to the topic PC gamers are usually more mature most of the time I'm not so if you see me in game be prepared to be noobified! :twisted: Oh yeah heal your team when you're a medic please -____- I hate when people think combat medics actually help the team :P
SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts

I would say something about spelling, but you seem really excited about the game. Congratulations on picking it up. Team Fortress 2 is one of the reasons i strictly play PC games outside of Fighters. I can't say PC players are less of 'douchebags', per-ce, but we most of us are atleast above the age of 18, thus making some of us a little more mature.

Aslyum_Beast
I've had the same experience as the op did... i play pc games online occasionally and most i have in countered aren't douches at all. cept on wow.. theres a ton on there lol.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]Congrats and TF2 is very fun indeed. Though i must warn you the community loves to complain, you`ll see once the new update comes out where you will witness the endless complains while in games and in the forums. There are a few douche-bags here and there, but its quite rare based on my experience. hkhatir

I usually add them to my favorites if i find a good server. Just stay away from those achievements servers. Ohh and you will find a few annoying players every once in a while, just give it time. ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

trijity

It does have the worst community. Play a few days of Heroes of Newerth and you will feel like the people on Xbox Live are nice.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Is it just that PC agmers are less douchebags. This honetsly makes me wwant to play the game again. I'm so addicted right now.

hkhatir

Actually its just that the douchebag capital of PC gaming is Counter-Strike: Source.

Anyway its good to have you on board, good luck and have fun with Team Fortress 2 :D!

Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
The only douchebaggerry I came across was in Insurgency and the AVP demo, where they made fun of my username, which was "Liam" which is my actual name and I couldn't be bothered to come up with something "witty and cool", I'm sorry that it wasn't XxXxK1LL34$$$xXxX!! Douchebags.
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
I'd say PC gaming has the best and worst community at the same time. If you join a group of people who are mature and fun all around its great, but then you join the servers with all the idiots shouting memes, and spaming the mic with captain planet, and all the disgusting sprays, and you see the bad side of the community. Also the elitist attitude a lot of PC gamers have doesnt help.
ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

[QUOTE="hkhatir"]

Vesica_Prime

Actually its just that the douchebag capital of PC gaming is Counter-Strike: Source.

Anyway its good to have you on board, good luck and have fun with Team Fortress 2 :D!

Douchebags are at Counter Strike: Source, the kids are at Modern Warfare 2.

But welcome aboard! Team Fortress 2 is deffo my favorite game so far.

BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BDK-Soft
Member since 2009 • 795 Posts
I has lasted me well over 800 hours so there's tons of value in that game =)
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

My roommate was playing it to test some stuff, and he got addicted to it again after not playing a long long time, so I got in the act too after watching him play. It's so much better with the added customizations. I've been playing TF2 very much the past week. I forgot how fun it was. I had not really played it since before all the updating with new items and what not.

khanabyss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 khanabyss25
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts

im done with that game but its the fps wich i sticked the longest :) engineers ftw!

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
[QUOTE="martinX3X"]I did. But failed. UCF_Knight
And for those that do, their parents would much rather just spend $250 on a console, or listen to their kid whine. :P

unless your parents already have a decent pc and know how to upgrade it.
musclesforcier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 musclesforcier
Member since 2004 • 2894 Posts
It's my favorite multiplayer game right now, and one of my favorites of all time. Right up there with Quake, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, etc. Great community too.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Yeah, it's a fun game my problem is that i don't like any of the classes... =/

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Glad you are enjoying it tf2 is a great game lots of fun times i had playing. As for the community tf2 has one of the best communities i've seen there still **** on there but compared to other online communities its alot better.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

hkhatir

Yep, console players with mics are usualy 12 years old who scream, or just idiots.

Gaming on PC is just so much more fun.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UCF_Knight

unless your parents already have a decent pc and know how to upgrade it.Kh1ndjal

Which again, makes up a very small portion of parents.

Of course there are exceptions.. the whole point was that it's easier for a younger person to just obtain/play a console.

Few 12 year olds out there say 'Hey mommy can you upgrade the processor and graphics card for the PC in the living room?'. Conversely, several of my friends have purchased consoles for their children. No PCs, but a few consoles.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
it's the only multiplayer only game my brother likes, and he's strictly singleplayer only, yesterday one of my friends got TF2 wondering what it was like and all the time i looked at my freinds list on Steam he was all ways on TF2. He only play RTS's
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Never liked the game but the support it gets is great.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

The community is generally great on TF2, simply because its a more casual game. Go on LoL or DotA and you'll soon learn that "hardcore" PC gamers are far worse than anything a console could ever produce. But congratz on buying the game, it is a personal favorite of mine as well.

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts

17 backstabs in one life as a spy is my best :D

Bigsteve3570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bigsteve3570
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts
Team Fortress 2 is arguably the best multi player game of all time (aside from MMOs); in terms of community, gameplay, and graphics.
hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hkhatir

yea its just different because i never really have a positive experience on xbox live or even when ive played on psn outisde of frends, but i guess it does vary from game to game.