suggestions of games to play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

az_0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 az_0k
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hi all.I'm looking for a good PC game and hope if anyone can help me out on this one. Actually I'm buying one game every 6 months. The game I'm looking for is something like this: it shouldn't be something addictive or requires a lot of practices like Warcraft or Counter Strike. It would be nice if it's not repetitive. The last game I bought was Halo and it bored the heck out of me, All I did was running from tunnels to tunnels (and all the tunnels are exactly the same!!) for 2 days. O and I'm not really into the kind of game where it takes 700 years to level up and get all the elite gears like Diablo 2 (not that it's a bad game but I really don't have time to do this these days, I just like quick exciting fun). Maybe an adventure type game or one with great storyline might be my taste. I'm really a newbie about games so any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you. ^_^

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
Are you a fan of RTS games or space combat sims? Would you prefer a new game or an older game? And thirdly, what do your system specs look like, just so I don't recommend you something you wouldn't be able to play.
az_0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 az_0k

I haven't takenmany computer science courses so I can't really give you a definite answer. But my OS is windows XP SP2, RAM is about 1G, andthe processor ispentiumD, I think that's about it. I'll pass on RTS because like I said, games like warcraft takes a lot of practicesin order to becomejust adecent player.But space combat sims sounds interesting. Actually I'm very interested to know if there is any anime-related games for PC.

az_0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 az_0k
Nolander420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nolander420
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
Quake Wars is fun because the unlock reset every three maps. This means it wont take forever to unlock items. It does take a wail to rank up but that's just for bragging rights. You can do more more missions than Battlefield 2142 but some people say it gets repetitive.
az_0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 az_0k

Quake Wars is fun because the unlock reset every three maps. This means it wont take forever to unlock items. It does take a wail to rank up but that's just for bragging rights. You can do more more missions than Battlefield 2142 but some people say it gets repetitive.Nolander420

Does Quake Wars have a good storyline?

shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts
KOTOR 1 or 2. They are RPG's but they are my favorite games of all time.
5nake3yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 5nake3yes
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
The Witcher or Oblivion if you fancy losing yourself for 120hours or so. Them two really will take you 6 months to finish, the learning curve isn't too steep and you don't need to play them constantly to get anywhere.
Justrinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Justrinx
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
Oblivion, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Hellgate London, Prince of Persia: Two Thrones, Crysis. A few great games:D!
Rylsadar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Rylsadar
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts

Maybe an adventure type game or one with great storyline might be my taste. I'm really a newbie about games so any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you. ^_^az_0k

"Dark Earth" is what you're looking for "az_0k". The best adventure of all time,with the best fictional story.

Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Raider762
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

I haven't takenmany computer science courses so I can't really give you a definite answer. But my OS is windows XP SP2, RAM is about 1G, andthe processor ispentiumD, I think that's about it. I'll pass on RTS because like I said, games like warcraft takes a lot of practicesin order to becomejust adecent player.But space combat sims sounds interesting. Actually I'm very interested to know if there is any anime-related games for PC.

az_0k

You want a Space combat Sim, look no further than Freelancer, it is one long space combat sim with a great story that takes a while to draw you in. Freelancer will take you about 30 to 50 hours to beat and then you are free to roam the universe.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

As far as I am concerned you got two option:

Option 1, The Orange Box. Episode 2 is, dare I say, the best installment of the HL series since the original. Portal is refreshing, fun, challenging, and hilarious. TFC is casual enough that anyone can jump in and play for hours and hours, or just 20 minutes if you please.

Option 2, The Witcher. Now,I am only about two hours in, but this game is simply stunning. Its the best RPG I have played since KOTOR 1. Nice combat, pretty visuals, awesome (AWESOME!) story, and very lengthy (people are at 50+ hours already!).

Both of these are GOTY quality material imo. If the Witcher doesnt get RPG of the year, I dont know what will. And the Orange Box is a great value, even more so if you dont already own Halflife 2.

rising_falls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rising_falls

well.. you can check out Freespace2 for space combat sims. Excellent game imo

Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Raider762

Freelancer may be hard to find though, might find it at gamestop like I did, or you could get it via http://www.gogamer.com/Freelancer--IMPORT--Front-Page_stcVVproductId5589774VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

If you need an action adventure game try Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind the collectors set, it has the original game and the expansion packs Tribunial and Bloodmoon, you can find it for about $20-$30, and it will last you like 300hours!!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

well.. you can check out Freespace2 for space combat sims. Excellent game imo

rising_falls

And free! Its true, just google it!

If you want space sims (sorry, didnt read all the posts) then I also suggest:

Darkstar One
Freelancer
Independence War 2 (my personal fav, other than Tie Fighter of course)

Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Raider762
I would still like to know your computer specifications so I would know what your computer can handle, try this cpu-z software, take a pic of your specs and post them please. http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts

space sim? freelancer? more like point and click rpg.

if you want space combat simulation play something like starlancer or wing commander series, or even privateer2, and of course, freespace2. and check out the total conversion projects for FS2, like beyond the red line, battlestar galactica freespace2 mod. theres also a wing commander FS2 mod.

As for upcoming, I don't know why space sims arent as prevalent as FPSs, the technology is there to easily create massive fleet combat and battlespaces, just no one cares to make a game like that for some reason. Publishers think the fanbase isnt there, while in reality I know alot of SciFi geeks including me are hungry for massive-scale NON-MM-GODDAMN-O space combat simulators.

theres Tarr chronicles or wtvr the hell that thing is called.

Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Zillaschool
Member since 2004 • 1610 Posts

KOTOR 1 or 2. They are RPG's but they are my favorite games of all time.shaneras

Yes these two game is must for any rpg fan.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Get The Orange Box.
dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
The Witcher is very good, I recommend it.
FallenDeath55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 FallenDeath55
Member since 2007 • 556 Posts

PREY Its very very very GOOD

az_0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 az_0k
Thanks guys, ill definitely check them out.
sgt_fragg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sgt_fragg

Get The Orange Box.thusaha

its got something for everyone

TF2 for those FPS online gaming people

Portal for the Puzzle People

and HL:2 HL:2 EP 1, HL:2 EP2 (new)

Nolander420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nolander420
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

[QUOTE="Nolander420"]Quake Wars is fun because the unlock reset every three maps. This means it wont take forever to unlock items. It does take a wail to rank up but that's just for bragging rights. You can do more more missions than Battlefield 2142 but some people say it gets repetitive.az_0k

Does Quake Wars have a good storyline?

Not to much of a story line. Defend earth as GDF or attack it as Strogg. It's an on-line FPS not a RPG. You will like it if you have ever liked any ID Software title. It's the Quake story. There have been four Quake titles before this one.