Suggest PC Games for Low-End PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bau5Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bau5Panda
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi I am currently stuck with my old Low-End computer and I want to play some games. My Spec are : OS: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E3200 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs) RAM: 1982MB RAM Directx: DirectX 9.0c GPU: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset 256mb Suggest any games that would work on my computer and if you need any more info about my PC then feel free to ask. Thanks :D
GriffinBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GriffinBalls
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

It'll be able to play some but that GPU will be the biggest problem, get a dedicated graphics card. Mine was £20 from some dude round the corner (free ads paper) and has kept my pc playing all the current gen games, nothing I've tried hasn't ran. Its only a GT240 which are not very good now, weren't brilliant on release but they do the job. The CPU, the main problem is its a celeron, but still may be passable, but again, if your board can take a core2duo instead then upgrade it, a core2duo at the same speed won't be a huge price on ebay nowadays. If you did those two upgrades which would be probably less than £50. You would be fine for pretty much all games for a while, not on amazing settings but thats pretty much my spec and games play quite well for the most part. Also the other advantage to upgrading that graphics card is directx9 is **** on a resource level I mean, directx10 and 11 can get a lot more juice out of lower powered equipment. Benchmarking in certain games that allow it generally gives me a huge increase in fps by switching on directx10 mode over 9 and they look better too.

Bau5Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bau5Panda
Thanks for the Reply GriffinBalls. I am going to build a new pc when I get enough money. But for now I am stuck with the s****y old PC. Because I want to build a rig which would last me a few years without having to upgrade too much it's taking me some time to save up.Anyway I asked for games that would run on my old PC until I build the new one :P.
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

Which genres do you prefer? There are a lot of older games out there that are still worth playing, and even some new ones like puzzle and adventure games.

Wilnius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wilnius
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
Well, why not try my game Wilkanoid 2! Old school arcade action all the way ;D
GriffinBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GriffinBalls
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Well the reason I went down that route is because its hard to just start naming games, there are thousands of games and many will run fine on your pc. Older ones more likely than newer ones but even some newer ones. It really depends on the type of support the devs went for. Here ya go then, I'll start ya off. I know Portal 2 can run on not great hardware and also not at the best of framerates but it can run. And given that I would say, quite probably any source game. But let me guess, already played and completed? Very hard question to answer, why not say, will these games work, will xxx work? Its a lot easier to say yay or nay then. Let me think through the games I own on steam, company of heroes will probably run, commandos definately will, portal 2 as mentioned, team fortress 2 as mentioned being its source, call of duty is always a potential as the devs go for high framerates, only way to do that is make the graphics **** lol, Lots of Indie games as they tend to be less demanding, Lone Survivor should easily run and is fairly recent, Limbo will probably work. Its really really hard to just spout off games without at least having a genre to deal with. And with the way that lots of games can scale their graphics right back even some more recent half decent or aaa titles may still work on low settings

Bau5Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bau5Panda
Sorry for not saying what kind of games I want :( well Shooters,RPG,Action,Action Adventure,RTS,MMORPG and Fighting basically any fun and enjoyable games that would run on my system.Thanks for pointing that out :P.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Oblivion is great, I'm re-playing it right now (even though it's modded to the max)

Bau5Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bau5Panda
Thanks HyperWarlock I have played it before on my xbox I was sure it wouldn't work on my old pc but I will try it.
Bau5Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bau5Panda
Thanks Wilnius I tried out Wilkanoid 2 not exactly what I normally play but quite fun and nice old school graphics.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill pack
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Anything before 2005 should work just fine, there are thousands of games to pick from, man. Here are the ones that i recommend:

Prince of Persia Trilogy (Sands of Time, Warrior Within, The Two Thrones)

Hitman 2: Silent Assasin

Half Life and the Opposing Force expansion (which is better than the original)

Icewind Dale + Hearts of Winter (be sure to get theTweak pack. Excellent dungeon crawler with beautiful 2D graphics, the best Infinity Engine combat, tons of wonderfully detailed environments to explore, and tons of loot to collect. I like this game much more than Baldur's Gate, it has better combat)

Divine Divinity (Elder Scrolls/Diablo hybrid, and a excellent one at that. Huge world to explore)

Half Life 2

Mount & Blade 1.011 with the Prophesy of Pendor module (same as Warband, tons of mods, endless replay value, and a excellent combat system)

GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas

Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition

Deus Ex (install the mods in my signature, get the openGL renderer, it'll work good on your old system)

Rise of Nations: Gold Edition

Gothic 2: Gold (my favorite open-world RPG)

Fallout 1 & 2 (with the restoration pack which adds a ton of well placed, quality content. Find them here)

Max Payne 1 & 2

Bau5Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bau5Panda
Thanks for the list Lucianu :D. I will try all of the games you listed.
Avatar image for mynameisjosh657
mynameisjosh657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 mynameisjosh657
Member since 2004 • 1285 Posts

Diablo 2

Starcraft

Warcraft 3

The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind

Half-Life: Source

Half-Life 2

Counterstrike

Doom 1, 2, Final Doom

All timeless classics with low PC requirements

Bau5Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bau5Panda
Thanks mynameisjosh657 for the list I will try the games out :D.