Steve Jobs is dead RIP

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
i was neither airing grievances nor being cruel, but if that is how you want to see it... so be it. i believe in karma, and karma came into effect here. or are you saying im not allowed to speak of my beliefs?AWolfoftheCalla
Not in a way that offends others, no. This is not the time and place, and this is your last warning to stop with remarks that are offensive to anyone who has had a loved one pass away from cancer. I have held off on moderating you, just because you are allowed to believe what you want to believe, but there's a line, and you're about to cross it. Don't test me on this.
Avatar image for AWolfoftheCalla
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AWolfoftheCalla
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts

[QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"]

[QUOTE="theafiguy"]

Honestly, I am very sad that Steve is gone. I've been a Mac lover since about 2007, but it has little to actually do with that. It has more to do with his demeanor as a CEO of a company, and how his actions have indirectly influenced me as a person and changed me a little bit. I don't worship the man, that's a little much, but to say he didn't influence me with some of the actions that he took as a CEO towards his employees would be absolutely wrong. The story of the iPhone was a cool one, that someone simply just came up with it and asked Jobs if he could take a look at it, without hesitation he said yes, and fell in love. Boom, iPhone. From there, no one can doubt that Android became a possibility.

His family, his friends, his colleagues have all lost a brilliant man.

xLittlekillx

apparently you havent read the countless articles about how Steve Jobs would fire, without notice or reason, well regarded employees... would regularly go on tirades throughout apple headquarters cursing and screaming at employees... and would regularly emotionally abuse certain members of his staff to the point where they would have to seek psychiatric treatment for depression.

he was not a nice man... at all. brilliant, sure... but not nice.

no excuse for his behavior, and honestly if all that is true (and i dont doubt that it is) he got exactly what he deserved... a long, slow, probably painful death (pancreatic cancer is known to be the most painful cancer to have). karma is a **** eh?

You are a piece of garbage. If you've ever had a close friend or family member suffer from cancer, pancreatic being one of the most terrible kinds, then you would not say this. Or maybe you would because it's the internet and you can be a cycnical, caustic worm in total anonymity. If you want to talk about karma, I'm sure you have something good coming your way.

i have had several people in my family die of cancer, and it is a tragedy when it strikes great, friendly people. please dont lecture me on what is and is not a tragedy, thanks. i find your method of "setting someone straight" distasteful.
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AWolfoftheCalla

[QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"]i was neither airing grievances nor being cruel, but if that is how you want to see it... so be it. i believe in karma, and karma came into effect here. or are you saying im not allowed to speak of my beliefs?ChiliDragon
Not in a way that offends others, no. This is not the time and place, and this is your last warning to stop with remarks that are offensive to anyone who has had a loved one pass away from cancer. I have held off on moderating you, just because you are allowed to believe what you want to believe, but there's a line, and you're about to cross it. Don't test me on this.

thats fine, but with that logic i find it hard to understand the line of what is offensive and what is not.... anything can be found offensive to anyone. i find cats offensive, because they are annoying as **** and i hate them.... others love them... can they not speak of them lovingly? i understand that is kind of a ridiculous example... but still valid. Im not "testing" you, as you put it.... just asking for clarification...

LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

I've had loved ones die of cancer, why would it bother me if someone I don't even know makes negative comments about it? Cancer is terrible and even worse when you have to watch a loved one die slowly of it but the internet is not the place to go looking for comforting gestures.

AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AWolfoftheCalla

I've had loved ones die of cancer, why would it bother me if someone I don't even know makes negative comments about it? Cancer is terrible and even worse when you have to watch a loved one die slowly of it but the internet is not the place to go looking for comforting gestures.

LUMIN4RY
i agree.... and my purpose was NOT to offend people, but to express my opinion... and again, anyone can find anything offensive sadly.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="LUMIN4RY"]

AWolfoftheCalla

i agree.... and my purpose was NOT to offend people, but to express my opinion... and again, anyone can find anything offensive sadly.

Especially in writing. There is no emotion anymore

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70663 Posts

I just love how people talk about him/them like they actually knew him, in person. Michael Jackson, Steve Jobs, Andy Whitfield etc. yea, they did some great things and my condolances go to the family but it's not going to affect my life one bit. I DID NOT KNOW THESE PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE.

LUMIN4RY
Exactly.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#59 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70663 Posts
[QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"]i was neither airing grievances nor being cruel, but if that is how you want to see it... so be it. i believe in karma, and karma came into effect here. or are you saying im not allowed to speak of my beliefs?ChiliDragon

I don't understand why anyone should be offended especially since none of us knew the guy personally and this topic as a whole has literally NOTHING to do with PC or Mac games and is off topic for this forum, that is the greater offender.
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AWolfoftheCalla
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"]i was neither airing grievances nor being cruel, but if that is how you want to see it... so be it. i believe in karma, and karma came into effect here. or are you saying im not allowed to speak of my beliefs?Pedro

I don't understand why anyone should be offended especially since none of us knew the guy personally and this topic as a whole has literally NOTHING to do with PC or Mac games and is off topic for this forum, that is the greater offender.

they were offended because somehow my comments about steve jobs were then interpreted as a personal attack on their loved ones that had died from cancer... as ridiculous as that sounds. in other words... they were attention seeking.
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts

know why doctors couldnt cure his cancer?

because it came out with a new version every year. too soon?

RIP either way.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

they were offended because somehow my comments about steve jobs were then interpreted as a personal attack on their loved ones that had died from cancer... as ridiculous as that sounds. in other words... they were attention seeking.AWolfoftheCalla

Are you projecting? Because, it seems like you're talking about yourself...

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
The idea of this thread is too leave condolences here, if you guys despise the man or despise Apple it really doesn't need to be put in here, keep it to yourself and live with that thought, good on you for thinking you're a hero for hating a guy you never knew. RIP Stevie, you moved the pc and mobile industry forward with your thoughts and ideas.
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

Me and my friends drank to his honor last night..... i totally woke up and was still drunk.

RIP Steve, you were an incredible man

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

This is the forum I frequent the most, I read the news and posted it here because I was surprised. Perhaps it would have been better suited in the Hardware or Mobile forums, but however you look at it he and his company, through competition and technological advances, has led the industry to where it is today, whether it be gaming, phones, or hardware. I didn't realize people could feel so much ill-will towards a person they didn't even know on a personal level. If the thread bothers you so much, please feel free not to post in it.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10600 Posts

despite all those billions he couldn't prevent cancer from consuming him.

sobering thought :(

yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#67 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

so?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#68 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Me and my friends drank to his honor last night..... i totally woke up and was still drunk.

RIP Steve, you were an incredible man

jettpack
I will drink to Steve tonight with some good ole childhood friends. He's an extraordinary person. In such darkness, he gave me a glimpse of hope again. The American dream lives on. Rest in peace. "Dont settle." -Steve Jobs
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

RIP Steve Jobs I hate what apple has become but, there is no denying that the industry as a whole was forever changed by the this brilliant man with the innovations he helped create throughout his life.

My respect goes out to him!

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Pretty sad news, feels like an end of era. I don't have anything but respect for the man. He has accomplished things for which any person would become iconic, not once but multiple times. Sure he wasn't perfect or anything, but he didn't needed to be. He did what he was supposed to do and that's all. Also, I didn't know Steve jobs in person --- but If someone thinks that one cannot be affected (either in a good way or bad) by someone who they don't know, they should not try to view the world from something bigger than a peephole.
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 AWolfoftheCalla
[QUOTE="naval"]Pretty sad news, feels like an end of era. I don't have anything but respect for the man. He has accomplished things for which any person would become iconic, not once but multiple times. Sure he wasn't perfect or anything, but he didn't needed to be. He did what he was supposed to do and that's all. Also, I didn't know Steve jobs in person --- but If someone thinks that one cannot be affected (either in a good way or bad) by someone who they don't know, they should not try to view the world from something bigger than a peephole.

he made electronics..... seriously come on. the man was no mother teresa.... grow a thicker skin for pete sake
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 naval
[QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"][QUOTE="naval"]Pretty sad news, feels like an end of era. I don't have anything but respect for the man. He has accomplished things for which any person would become iconic, not once but multiple times. Sure he wasn't perfect or anything, but he didn't needed to be. He did what he was supposed to do and that's all. Also, I didn't know Steve jobs in person --- but If someone thinks that one cannot be affected (either in a good way or bad) by someone who they don't know, they should not try to view the world from something bigger than a peephole.

he made electronics..... seriously come on. the man was no mother teresa.... grow a thicker skin for pete sake

1. He did more things than making electronics 2. It doesn't really matters if someone made only one thing as long as it can help others. 3. Everyone does not need to be mother teresa, to be respected. 4. I would like to ask you grow something common but I am not 100% sure if forum rules will allow it so i won't.
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 AWolfoftheCalla
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"][QUOTE="naval"]Pretty sad news, feels like an end of era. I don't have anything but respect for the man. He has accomplished things for which any person would become iconic, not once but multiple times. Sure he wasn't perfect or anything, but he didn't needed to be. He did what he was supposed to do and that's all. Also, I didn't know Steve jobs in person --- but If someone thinks that one cannot be affected (either in a good way or bad) by someone who they don't know, they should not try to view the world from something bigger than a peephole.

1. He did more things than making electronics 2. It doesn't really matters if someone made only one thing as long as it can help others. 3. Everyone does not need to be mother teresa, to be respected. 4. I would like to ask you grow something common but I am not 100% sure if forum rules will allow it so i won't.

he started a computer hardware/software company and he founded Pixar.... those are his two greatest claims to fame. people who are brainwashed into the apple cult are making this entire situation completely ridiculous. the man was no humanitarian.... he ran a business and made money, that is all. he doesnt even have a college fund named after him for underpriviledged people like Bill Gates... give me a flippin break.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Never was a big fan of him but I'm sure he will be remembered for a long time to come.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 naval
[QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"][QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"] he made electronics..... seriously come on. the man was no mother teresa.... grow a thicker skin for pete sake

he started a computer hardware/software company and he founded Pixar.... those are his two greatest claims to fame. people who are brainwashed into the apple cult are making this entire situation completely ridiculous. the man was no humanitarian.... he ran a business and made money, that is all. he doesnt even have a college fund named after him for underpriviledged people like Bill Gates... give me a flippin break.

Who said that he was a humanitarian ? I don't see anybody claiming that. Why does he needs to be an humanitarian ? As you said "He ran a business and made a ton of money" -- as he was supposed to do and people respect him for that. Being "humanitarian" doesn't comes into the picture here. Is this simple stuff too complicated for you to grasp ?
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AWolfoftheCalla
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="AWolfoftheCalla"][QUOTE="naval"] 1. He did more things than making electronics 2. It doesn't really matters if someone made only one thing as long as it can help others. 3. Everyone does not need to be mother teresa, to be respected. 4. I would like to ask you grow something common but I am not 100% sure if forum rules will allow it so i won't.

Who said that he was a humanitarian ? I don't see anybody claiming that. Why does he needs to be an humanitarian ? As you said "He ran a business and made a ton of money" -- as he was supposed to do and people respect him for that. Being "humanitarian" doesn't comes into the picture here. Is this simple stuff too complicated for you to grasp ?

so... you are saying that people should be sad he is dead... because he made a lot of money? so you are saying you are going to be sad when Donald Trump dies because he made a lot of money as well? if this is honestly what you are saying then.... wow. just wow. words cannot describe the materialistic, conceited nature of this idea. people who dedicate their lives to the service of others deserve the kind of mourning that steve jobs is receiving.... the greatest thing he did was make a **** ton of money off of the ideas of other people at his company....goody for him. He barely even gave back anything to the community from what i can see after doing a little research. its absurd.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Word of advice to both of you, for future reference: If someone's posts offend you, report them for trolling or flaming. Do not respond in kind, that makes you a troll as well, and as likely to be reported and/or moderated. We've asked you several times, but since it's obviously impossible for either one of you to keep this thread on topic and at a civilized level, you give me no choice but to close this. Apologies to OP and everyone who used the thread for its intended purpose.