StarCraft 2. Where the F$#@ is it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cracker__Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cracker__Jack
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts
Why is there no hype?
mergedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mergedwarrior
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

No Hype?

I think there is going to be plenty of hype, Blizzard is notorious for being hush hush on their games.

I wonder what its like in Korea right now...

koza_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 koza_76
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts

I think that Blizzard is developing the game StarCraft 2 is hype enough. They make quality games and chances are we won't be dissapointed. Plus StarCraft 2 is due when? I think between a year or 2, I'm not too sure. There will be plenty of chances to hype this game up.

Having said that, there must be some hype out there. You just have to find it, or start some yourself. I'm pretty hyped about the game though, woo starcraft 2, awesome.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Your probably in the wrong country.
Cracker__Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cracker__Jack
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts

I think that Blizzard is developing the game StarCraft 2 is hype enough. They make quality games and chances are we won't be dissapointed. Plus StarCraft 2 is due when? I think between a year or 2, I'm not too sure. There will be plenty of chances to hype this game up.

Having said that, there must be some hype out there. You just have to find it, or start some yourself. I'm pretty hyped about the game though, woo starcraft 2, awesome.

koza_76

A year or 2? Realease date says 2007??

Firetech1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Firetech1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

No hype? It will probably won't be out until Q4 2008 because to follow up on one of the greatest games of all time is no easy feat and they don't want to spoil it through, well spoilers!

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
[QUOTE="koza_76"]

Cracker__Jack

OK now, lets be honest here. Are you just making up that supposed release date because you want it so bad? Here on Gamespot the release date is TBA

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starcraft2/index.html?tag=result;title;0

IGN is TBA

http://pc.ign.com/objects/850/850126.html

Gamespy is TBA or no release date depending on the page you look at.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/starcraft-2/

Blizzard.com

"

When is the game coming out?

At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible."

http://www.starcraft2.com/faq.xml

I think you made up the release date this morning while eating breakfast. I bet you were just sitting there eating and said "hey starcraft II is being released this year, and soon. I'm so angry...ewwww I'm just so mad it's not out yet. I promised myself it would be out by Sept 1st 2007... ahhhhhh I'm so angry."

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
theres alot of hype
whgresiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 whgresiak
Member since 2005 • 1889 Posts

koza_76
Hype = PCG and GFW
metalgearowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metalgearowns
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
I'm sure that the Koreans are all like OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!
gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
Just wait till the month before release. lol
THERSOfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 THERSOfi
Member since 2005 • 1214 Posts
I'm sure it will be out near Christmas time this year. (I hope).
schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts
not before 3rd quarter of 2008 i can almost guarantee that
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
Im pretty sure the world stoped turning for a bit when Starcraft 2 was announced.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
[QUOTE="koza_76"]

Cracker__Jack

Are you serious? There is no release date until BLIZZARD gives you one. They have always stated that they DO NOT give release dates to distributers/retailers/publications until it is set in stone. If EB has one, it's because they want your pre-order monies.

the_mad_madman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_mad_madman
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts
Most people who can't wait for Starcraft 2 also know that Blizzard tends to take a hella long time to develop their games. Wait till there's a confirmed released date and it's drawing near, then you'll see hype like few games before! Till then, hey, I'm just glad they're finally making it!
abysmal-mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 abysmal-mk
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

I'm sure it will be out near Christmas time this year. (I hope).THERSOfi

yeah im hoing too :|

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Last i heard there were still designing new units, testing them, throwing them out and thinking of more units to put in the game. That was what Blizzard said there were doing only a month or so ago.
bob9999999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 bob9999999999
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts
There's a reason that all Blizzard games rule... It's because they don't limit themselves with release dates. Instead they work until the game is finished. If you want anything close to the level of Starcraft I wait. Plus i think Starcraft II has been hyped MORE THAN ANY OTHER GAME THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A RELEASE DATE. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M YELLING ABOUT". HOORAY CAPITAL LETTERS!