Star Wars: The Old Republic - Megathread/Discussion [Release Day is Upon Us]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Welcome to the SWTOR Megathread! The game is hours away and I'm sure most of you are anticipating the release!

Release Date: December 20th, 2011 Early Access: December 13th, 2011

Latest Info on Early Access thanks toIxX3xil3d0n3XxI!

Synopsis

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Be a hero of your ownStar Wars™saga in a story-driven
massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts.
Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between
the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.

Choose to be a Jedi, a Sith, or from a variety of other CIassicStar Warsroles, and make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side or possibly betray you based on your actions. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamicStar Warscombat and team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges.

Pre-Order Bonuses

---Standard Edition---

Bonuses: Early Game Access, Preload, Color Stone (Virtual Item)

---Digital Deluxe Edition(EA Orgin)---

Bonuses: Early Game Access, Preload, Color Stone (Virtual Item), Flare Gun (Virtual Item), Training Droid(Virtual Item), Holo Dancer(Virtual Item), HoloCam(Virtual Item), STAP(Virtual Item - Vehicle).

---Collector's Edition---

Bonuses:Early Game Access, Preload, Color Stone (Virtual Item), Flare Gun (Virtual Item), Training Droid(Virtual Item), Holo Dancer(Virtual Item), HoloCam(Virtual Item), STAP(Virtual Item - Vehicle), Exclusive Mouse Droid(Virtual Item), Exclusive Collector's Edition Store, TOR Galaxy Map, Music CD Soundtrack, Darth Malgus Statue, Collectible Metal Case, Custome Authentication Key, Journal of Master Gnost-Dural.

Game Setting

Over 3000 years before the rise of Darth Vader.Protected by the legendary Jedi Order, the Galactic Republic stood as a bastion of peace in the galaxy for a thousand generations. Several centuries ago, the greatest threat the galaxy has ever known emerged in the form of the dark Sith Empire. After a volatile war, the Republic emerged victorious and the Sith were assumed to be extinct. Nonetheless, the Jedi have maintained a constant vigil over the ancient Sith homeworld, Korriban, to protect the galaxy from the darkness that still resides in the planet's tombs.

Though a small group of survivors escaped to warn of the Imperial invasion, it was only a minor reprieve for the Republic. Korriban was one of several worlds to fall in the initial onslaught, and in the years that followed, the Republic suffered many more painful defeats. Emboldened by their numerous victories, the Empire soon moved to conquer the Core Worlds, luring the Republic fleet out of position and launching a surprise attack against the noble world of Alderaan.

The courageous stand on Alderaan rallied the spirits of Republic defenders across the galaxy, but the balance of the power remained in the Empire's favor. This only fueled the surprise felt when the Imperial Dark Council extended the offer to the Republic to engage in peace negotiations. Suspecting possible treachery, Republic officials agreed to meet on Alderaan, but insisted that the Jedi Order marshal all its resources to provide comprehensive security. The Jedi complied, sending most senior members of the Order to Alderaan, and leaving only a token force in the Temple on Coruscant...

After destroying the Jedi Temple and overwhelming the Republic's defenses, Imperial forces occupied Coruscant, holding the planet hostage while negotiations restarted on Alderaan. With their capital at stake, Republic officials had little choice but to agree to the Empire's terms.

The Treaty of Coruscant was signed, forcing the Republic to cede control of several star systems and to acknowledge new boundaries of Imperial dominion. Though the treaty brought about an official end to the war, tensions between the two sides have remained high over the last several years, and now, a return to open war seems all but inevitable...

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Steameffekt
Planets  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Deep Core --ALLEGIANCE-- Galactic Republic --STATUS-- Largely Unexplored --TERRAIN-- Mountains and forests --KEY FACTS-- Ancient home world of the Jedi  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Imperial-controlled Outer Rim --ALLEGIANCE-- Sith Empire --STATUS-- Tightly controlled by the Sith --TERRAIN-- Red, rocky desert --KEY FACTS-- Original home world of the Sith  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Hutt Space --ALLEGIANCE-- Neutral --STATUS-- Over-industrialized; Polluted --TERRAIN-- Swamps and Industrial wasteland --KEY FACTS-- Also known as Nal Hutta, this is where the Hutt Crime Cartels originated  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Mid Rim --ALLEGIANCE-- Galactic Republic --STATUS-- Embroiled in civil war --TERRAIN-- Saltwater seas and Islands --KEY FACTS-- Despite the planet's status as a critical Republic military outpost, the local government is controlled by criminal elements  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Core Worlds --ALLEGIANCE-- Republic --STATUS-- Capital of the Republic --TERRAIN-- Cityscape --KEY FACTS-- Sacked by the Sith Empire several years ago, Coruscant is still recovering. Many sectors in the lower levels have fallen under gang control.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Colonies Region --ALLEGIANCE-- Independent --STATUS-- Occupied by the Empire --TERRAIN-- War-torn Plains --KEY FACTS-- The Sith Empire has taken a special interest in the manufacturing facilities on Balmorra, but a local resistance stands between them and full occupation.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Core Worlds --ALLEGIANCE-- Independent --STATUS-- Several of Alderaan's noble houses are battling for the throne in a brutal civil war --TERRAIN-- Forests, Hills and Snow-Capped Mountains --KEY FACTS-- Following the Treaty of Coruscant, Alderaan seceded from the Galactic Republic.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Outer Rim --ALLEGIANCE-- Independent --STATUS-- Haven for Pirates and Smugglers --TERRAIN-- Seas of Sand and Rock --KEY FACTS-- Abandoned by the Czerka Corporation  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Sith Space --ALLEGIANCE-- Sith Empire --STATUS-- Imperial Capital --TERRAIN-- Swamps, Jungle, and the Metropolis of Kaas City --KEY FACTS-- Rediscovered by the Sith Empire following their defeat in the Great Hyperspace War. Home to the Emperor and his Dark Council.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Outer Rim --ALLEGIANCE-- Independent --STATUS-- Republic Re-Colonization Efforts Have Begun --TERRAIN-- Swamplands, Modern Ruins, Frequent Rainfall --KEY FACTS-- Razed by Sith Lord Darth Malak 300 years ago during the Jedi Civil War.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Outer Rim --ALLEGIANCE-- Republic --STATUS-- Following the Chaos of an Imperial Prison Break Initiative, the Republic is Striving to Restore Order --TERRAIN-- Ice Covered with Small Pockets of Volcanic Temperate Zones --KEY FACTS-- Prison world maintained by the Republic  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Outer Rim --ALLEGIANCE-- Independent --STATUS-- Failed Imperial conquest, now both sides vie for alliance --TERRAIN-- Forest, Mountains, Plateaus --KEY FACTS-- Jedi and Sith ruins point to ancient contact  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Outer Rim --ALLEGIANCE-- No government --STATUS-- Contested --TERRAIN-- Frozen, Desolate wasteland --KEY FACTS-- A major battle of the Great War occurred in Hoth's orbit littering the planet with wreckage.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Hutt Space --ALLEGIANCE-- Neutral; Controlled by the Hutts --STATUS-- Nar Shaddaa has profited greatly from the war, rampant crime, and chaos. --TERRAIN-- Vast cityscape, ranging from neon towers to squalid dens --KEY FACTS-- Due to the lack of regulation, many corporations conduct testing on Nar Shaddaa.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Core Worlds --ALLEGIANCE-- Republic --STATUS-- Rumors of Imperial Influence Over Corellian Leaders --TERRAIN-- Environmentally-Conscious Cityscape --KEY FACTS-- One of the most important centers for starship construction and other military-industrial developments.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Unknown Regions --ALLEGIANCE-- None --STATUS-- Ilum's natural crystal formations are capable of harnessing power that the Empire has become interested in. --TERRAIN-- Mountainous Ice World with Subterranean Crystals --KEY FACTS-- The Sith Empire has sent a covert team to Ilum to harvest crystals for a dangerous new project.  --ASTROGRAPHICAL REGION-- Hutt Space --ALLEGIANCE-- Republic --STATUS-- The Empire has moved in to hijack Republic mining operations. --TERRAIN-- Primarily Toxic Swampland and Marshes --KEY FACTS-- Naturally occurring chemicals in the planet's atmosphere can be used to create valuable adrenals.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Steameffekt

CIasses  Specializations --Commando-- Role: Damage, heal Weapon: Assault Cannon Armor: Heavy Resource: Energy Cells --Vanguard-- Role: Tank, damage Weapon: Blaster Rifle Armor: Heavy Resource: Energy Cells  Specializations --Gunslinger-- Role: Damage Weapons: 2 Pistols Armor: Medium Resource: Energy --Scoundrel-- Role: Heal, damage Weapon: Blaster Pistol, Scattergun Armor: Medium Resource: Energy  Specializations --Jedi Guardian-- Role: Tank, damage Weapon: Lightsaber Armor: Heavy Resource: Force --Jedi Sentinel-- Role: Damage Weapons: 2 Lightsabers Armor: Medium Resource: Force  Specializations --Jedi Sage-- Role: Heal, damage Weapon: Lightsaber Armor: Light Resource: Force --Jedi Shadow-- Role: Tank, damage Weapon: Double-Bladed Lightsaber Armor: Light Resource: Force  Specializations --Mercenary-- Role: Damage, heal Weapons: 2 Blaster Pistols Armor: Heavy Resource: Heat -Powertech-- Role: Tank, Damage Weapons: Blaster Pistol Armor: Heavy Resource: Heat  Specializations --Operative-- Role: Heal, damage Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Vibroknife Armor: Medium Resource: Energy --Sniper-- Role: Damage Weapons: Sniper Rifle, Vibroknife Armor: Medium Resource: Energy  Specializations --Sith Sorcerer-- Role: Heal, damage Weapons Lightsaber, Force Armor: Light Resource: Force --Sith Assassin-- Role: Tank, damage Weapons: Double-Bladed Lightsaber Armor: Light Resource: Force  Specializations --Sith Juggernaut-- Role: Tank, damage Weapons: Lightsaber Armor: Heavy Resource: Rage --Sith Marauder-- Role: Damage Weapons: 2 Lightsabers Armor: Medium Resource: Rage COMPANIONS  In Star Wars: The Old Republic, a variety of these Companion Characters will join your cause. Some will join you for adventure, some for greed, and some for motivations that will remain hidden until much further along in your adventure. The Companions run the gamut from intelligent droids to bizarre aliens, from an honorable princess to a roguish pirate, and each class has a completely unique set of Companions. While traveling the galaxy, your Companion Characters will provide commentary, information on plots and directions to points of interest-- all from their own unique perspectives. Companion Characters may act as your conscience, and try to influence your decisions. In turn, you will influence them, and change how they develop as the story progresses. Based on your choices, some Companions will become your closest friends, others may become your lovers, and a few may even become your enemies! CREW SKILLS --Gathering Skills--  Archaeology – the ability to seek out imbued items like Lightsaber crystals and ancient artifacts Bioanalysis – the practice of collecting genetic material from creatures and plants Scavenging – the art of recovering useful materials and parts from old or damaged technology Slicing – a skill in accessing secured computer systems and lockboxes to acquire valuable data and rare schematics --Crafting Skills--  Armormech – the ability to work with hard metals and electronic shielding to construct all types of personal armor Armstech – the skill of constructing blasters, blaster rifles and upgrades Artifice – the delicate work of constructing Jedi and Sith artifacts Biochem –the engineering of performance-enhancing chemical serums and biological implants Cybertech – the technical expertise to construct gadgets and components for Droids and high-tech armors Synthweaving – the art of creating lighter outfits and armors that are imbued with supernatural qualities --Mission Skills--  Diplomacy – the art of conducting and managing negotiations Investigation – the skill of examining evidence and following clues to discover valuable secrets Treasure Hunting – the ability to track down and recover valuable items by investigating a series of clues Underworld Trading – expertise in the trading of illegal goods and services

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Please change early access to Dec. 13th. :) I'm stoked. I really want to see the endgame content. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Source

Take from faqs page:

When does Early Game Access begin?

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), seven days prior to the official launch ofStar Wars: The Old Republic. The length of your Early Game Access period will vary depending on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. The speed of your download of the Game may also affect when you start playing.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Steameffekt
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Please change early access to Dec. 13th. :) I'm stoked. I really want to see the endgame content. I hope I won't be disappointed.

I thought it was the 15th? I am too on the endgame content. :D
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]Please change early access to Dec. 13th. :) I'm stoked. I really want to see the endgame content. I hope I won't be disappointed.

I thought it was too but it's actually the 13th. I edited my post above. Taken straight from their faqs page. And many websites like Eurogamer have reported on it as well. Cheers!
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Steameffekt
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]Please change early access to Dec. 13th. :) I'm stoked. I really want to see the endgame content. I hope I won't be disappointed.

I thought it was too but it's actually the 13th. I edited my post above. Taken straight from their faqs page. And many websites like Eurogamer have reported on it as well. Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up! Will change asap. Hopefully I can have this thread done before tonight. It's technically done but Glitchspot is giving me some HTML errors.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

get me in early, get me in early, get me in early, get me in early! :D

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Wait...how can there be an Alderaan, I thought that world was destroyed in the films.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Steameffekt
Wait...how can there be an Alderaan, I thought that world was destroyed in the films.topsemag55
Game takes place 3000 years before the rise of Vader.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Nice thread. Cant wait.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Steameffekt
Nice thread. Cant wait. IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Thank you. It's pretty basic right now. Hopefully tomorrow I can snazz it up. :D
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Steameffekt

wis3boi
I'm pre-loading as we speak!
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wis3boi
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Steameffekt

lucky me the beta client was already the retail client :D
dudy80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 dudy80
Member since 2004 • 1787 Posts

Preordered this, diden't get a chance to check the beta out so i hope i like it.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Steameffekt
[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

Technically yes. It obviously had to update right? I would be let down if the beta build was the release build.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Caved in and pre-ordered it today

Told myself I wasn't going to but the inner KOTOR/Star Wars geek in me gave in

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="Steameffekt"] I'm pre-loading as we speak! Steameffekt

Technically yes. It obviously had to update right? I would be let down if the beta build was the release build.

Yeah had to download patches but that's it ^_^. Super stoked, **** I wish I had pre-ordered day 1 then I could be playing on tuesday. I am praying I get in 15'th latest but we'll see xD

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="topsemag55"]Wait...how can there be an Alderaan, I thought that world was destroyed in the films.Steameffekt

How I hope it'll reach Vader through expansions and such :(.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gunmaster55555
[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="topsemag55"]Wait...how can there be an Alderaan, I thought that world was destroyed in the films.DanielDust

lol no chance, that would be really weird though to have a character that you create from 3000 years ago all the way to darth vader rofl.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Doesn't have to be accurate, I doubt they're even planning on making an accurate representation and considering the kind of genre it is, fantasy, you can always go through a dimensional rift or something on a quest and go under Vader's command in the future for a quest or two, aid him against the jedi or the other way around :P.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23974 Posts

Pre-ordered the game a few months ago.

Problem is, I never got a pre-order key so I have to wait for the 20th :(

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
The 13th is for North America. The 15th is for Europe.steveandvicki66
No it's 13th for all. Worldwide release of the game now is the 20th also.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Got my preorder+early access.

My bawdy iz ready.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

Got my preorder+early access.

My bawdy iz ready.

Am_Confucius
Problem is, the earliest access depends on how far back you pre-ordered the game. I only pre-ordered after my first Beta which was mid november, so I doubt I'll get the 13th early access. Hoping for 15th though ;)
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="Steameffekt"] Game takes place 3000 years before the rise of Vader.gunmaster55555

lol no chance, that would be really weird though to have a character that you create from 3000 years ago all the way to darth vader rofl.

That, plus in Episode 1 they say this "Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium." which would mean Republic only. And us poor sith won't win this battle :(
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="steveandvicki66"]The 13th is for North America. The 15th is for Europe.ducati101
No it's 13th for all. Worldwide release of the game now is the 20th also.

Yep, i'm from the UK and i have my email saying the 13th
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

[QUOTE="gunmaster55555"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]  How I hope it'll reach Vader through expansions and such :(.mep69

That, plus in Episode 1 they say this "Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium." which would mean Republic only. And us poor sith won't win this battle :(

See the power fluctuates.

We don't know what happens between that 2000 year period between TOR, and the millennium that the Sith were (supposedly) extinct.

Remember now, at the end of Return of the Jedi, once the second Death Star was destroyed, and Emperor, and Vader killed, that did not mean the rebellion had won! Truth be told they only shifted the power to where they are equal. Most of this is covered in the Thrawn trilogy.

But expansions to Vadar, I do not see it happening, Maybe his extremely distant Ancestor's, remember he was born of no father, but his mom was.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Steameffekt
Updated/fixed some things. Getting some more things in order and should be implemented soon. Reply if you feel something should be fixed or added. What I have in mind in adding is Flashpoints, Allegiance and playable species.
SrpskiVojnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SrpskiVojnik
Member since 2011 • 166 Posts

[QUOTE="mep69"][QUOTE="gunmaster55555"] lol no chance, that would be really weird though to have a character that you create from 3000 years ago all the way to darth vader rofl.Lach0121

We don't know what happens between that 2000 year period between TOR, and the millennium that the Sith were (supposedly) extinct.

Remember now, at the end of Return of the Jedi, once the second Death Star was destroyed, and Emperor, and Vader killed, that did not mean the rebellion had won! Truth be told they only shifted the power to where they are equal. Most of this is covered in the Thrawn trilogy.

But expansions to Vadar, I do not see it happening, Maybe his extremely distant Ancestor's, remember he was born of no father, but his mom was.

Virgin Shmi. Yes I went there. I was at first pretty excited for SWTOR but the last two weekend betas pretty much ended my enthusiasm for the game. The game is just another WoW knockoff in a line of a million WoW knockoffs since WoW was released...
AssRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AssRhino
Member since 2003 • 515 Posts

Preordered and have had my code registered since July 21st so i could play it day one like i did with wow. Just hope i can get that same feeling again in an mmo. The first year or two of wow felt so right. It was the first and only mmo i have played where i was genuinely excited to see what was around the next corner. I began to love wow less and less over the years. Hanging around raiding only because i liked the people i met and didn't wanna let down the guild(really can't believe i raided resto druid for 6 years). Now, it has been a year since quit wow for good and ready for a new mmo. Getting very excited with SWTOR less then a week away. Have it preloaded and ready to go on my pc. All i know for sure is there is no way in hell i'm playing healer for another 6 years :P

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Steameffekt

Preordered and have had my code registered since July 21st so i could play it day one like i did with wow. Just hope i can get that same feeling again in an mmo. The first year or two of wow felt so right. It was the first and only mmo i have played where i was genuinely excited to see what was around the next corner. I began to love wow less and less over the years. Hanging around raiding only because i liked the people i met and didn't wanna let down the guild(really can't believe i raided resto druid for 6 years). Now, it has been a year since quit wow for good and ready for a new mmo. Getting very excited with SWTOR less then a week away. Have it preloaded and ready to go on my pc. All i know for sure is there is no way in hell i'm playing healer for another 6 years :P

AssRhino
I feel the same way. I played a Mage on WoW for the past 4 years and just recently quit WoW this past August. Cata was great, but had it flaws. Rehashing old content, raiding wasn't a challenge, no sense of exploration, everyone sitting in either SW or Org. After playing the beta of SWTOR, I can honestly say it's in the right direction. There are some "WoW elements" but it TOR easily does them better.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Cant wait to get my hands on this game, beta was great. I will have it just in time for my long christams break.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23974 Posts

[QUOTE="AssRhino"]

Steameffekt

I feel the same way. I played a Mage on WoW for the past 4 years and just recently quit WoW this past August. Cata was great, but had it flaws. Rehashing old content, raiding wasn't a challenge, no sense of exploration, everyone sitting in either SW or Org. After playing the beta of SWTOR, I can honestly say it's in the right direction. There are some "WoW elements" but it TOR easily does them better.

That is my impression of TOR.

It is like WoW but with a fresh coat of paint and without some of the horrid additions, such as the LFD system. With the exception of Voice Acting and cinematic presentation (2 of the 10 plagues gaming suffers from) SWTOR is what WoW should have been.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Been waiting so long for this game i enjoyed beta..Havent enjoyed a mmorpg since everquest...Tried wow just couldnt get into it..Fealt like a dumbed down version of old eq..Ive been trying every other mmorpg to get my mojo back i had when i enjoyed eq..Hopefully this will fill that mmorpg void..Dc online was fun but it was a let down when they went free for me for some reason..Its star wars though..Ill be playing a jedi healer..Its what im good at so im heading back that road...If any one has a casual raiding guild let me know in a email on gamestop..Friend an me are lookin for one )..Hope to see yall in game next week..

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="mep69"] That, plus in Episode 1 they say this "Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium." which would mean Republic only. And us poor sith won't win this battle :(SrpskiVojnik

Virgin Shmi. Yes I went there. I was at first pretty excited for SWTOR but the last two weekend betas pretty much ended my enthusiasm for the game. The game is just another WoW knockoff in a line of a million WoW knockoffs since WoW was released...

Well I am sorry to hear that for you, but that rhetoric is getting a little tiresome. I have a feeling the game will be a little different for me.

ZombiezLovePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ZombiezLovePie
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

Cant wait to get my hands on this game, beta was great. I will have it just in time for my long christams break.

Advid-Gamer
Probably won't feel long anymore. lol
SrpskiVojnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SrpskiVojnik
Member since 2011 • 166 Posts

[QUOTE="SrpskiVojnik"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Lach0121

Well I am sorry to hear that for you, but that rhetoric is getting a little tiresome. I have a feeling the game will be a little different for me.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the game will be better with patches after launch. If it is, then I'll buy it but it's not a buy right now, not at launch.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gunmaster55555

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="SrpskiVojnik"] Virgin Shmi. Yes I went there. I was at first pretty excited for SWTOR but the last two weekend betas pretty much ended my enthusiasm for the game. The game is just another WoW knockoff in a line of a million WoW knockoffs since WoW was released... SrpskiVojnik

Don't get me wrong, I hope the game will be better with patches after launch. If it is, then I'll buy it but it's not a buy right now, not at launch.

Don't forget that WoW is a knock off of previous MMO's before it can't forget that!
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="SrpskiVojnik"]

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

gunmaster55555

Don't forget that WoW is a knock off of previous MMO's before it can't forget that!

Don't forget every shooter is a knock off of DOOM, and Elder Scrolls is a knock off Catacombs3d(also id) :D

I don't know why MMO's are so much more heavily classified by their gameplay than other genre. No one would dare call HL a Quake knockoff, even though they have all of the same core mechanics. The execution is what's so different...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Elann2008

The 13th is for North America. The 15th is for Europe.steveandvicki66

You don't like reading, do you?Posted this on the very first page.

When does Early Game Access begin?

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), seven days prior to the official launch ofStar Wars: The Old Republic. The length of your Early Game Access period will vary depending on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. The speed of your download of the Game may also affect when you start playing.

Kamuikankatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kamuikankatsu
Member since 2005 • 596 Posts

The world only being UK and US, because apparently no other places exist... Just waiting for an announcementon when the places that aren't apart of the world get the game :(

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wis3boi

The world only being UK and US, because apparently no other places exist... Just waiting for an announcementon when the places that aren't apart of the world get the game :(

Kamuikankatsu
Shipping to mars is expensive :P
Kamuikankatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kamuikankatsu
Member since 2005 • 596 Posts

its not the avalibilityof the game thats the problem, its weather they decide to block ip's from red zoned areas, I think alot of places have began too refuse purchases from non-us and uk credit cards too. On the plus side, i'll be able to see if the game will fail before I purchase it.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="gunmaster55555"][QUOTE="SrpskiVojnik"] Don't get me wrong, I hope the game will be better with patches after launch. If it is, then I'll buy it but it's not a buy right now, not at launch.

Inconsistancy

Don't forget every shooter is a knock off of DOOM, and Elder Scrolls is a knock off Catacombs3d(also id) :D

I don't know why MMO's are so much more heavily classified by their gameplay than other genre. No one would dare call HL a Quake knockoff, even though they have all of the same core mechanics. The execution is what's so different...

The originial Half-Life used quake's engine. It's not a quake ''Knock-off''. You obviously haven't played it.

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

The originial Half-Life used quake's engine. It's not a quake ''Knock-off''. You obviously haven't played it.

HyperWarlock

Reading comprehension much?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lach0121

[QUOTE="gunmaster55555"][QUOTE="SrpskiVojnik"] Don't get me wrong, I hope the game will be better with patches after launch. If it is, then I'll buy it but it's not a buy right now, not at launch.

Inconsistancy

Actually wouldn't every shooter be a Wolfenstien knock off? I mean if we are going that route...

lol sorry couldn't resist.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lach0121

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

Am_Confucius

Reading comprehension much?

Your sig tripped me out a little while I was staring at it earlier, lol.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I can't wait to see the reaction when this game flops. I played the beta and it was the dullest MMO I've ever played. It wasn't terrible, but I had no urge or desire to play it for longer than a day which has never happened to me before with an MMO (usually I no-life them). The areas all feel dead and lifeless, abilities feel very similar to one another, there's very little visual difference between armors (even Bioware has freely admitted this when they explained why they didn't do color matching), and the voice acting is pretty annoying to sit through when you just want to hurry up and finish/start the quest.

Also, for those who will be playing the game, pick Republic as your faction. The Sith NEVER have any victories at any point in their storyline, all of their major characters die, no Republic characters ever die (except for one I think), and the Sith basically just get **** on throughout the entire story. So unless you like playing the role of a villain from a 1980s or 1990s children's cartoon ("I'll get you next time Batman!") you're probably going to hate playing Sith.