Star Wars KotOR problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strategist1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Strategist1117
Member since 2006 • 5954 Posts

Hey, I just got Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and it installed fine, everything's working great for a while, it runs perfectly most of the time. But once I get to Dantooine, the second planet you go to, the game has a habit of crashing when I leave the Jedi Temple for the first time. Weird lines show up in the sky and at some part before the crashing point grass floats sideways.

I have an Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family graphics card, and I have pics. Any help would be appreciated. Pics are in the spoilers.

[spoiler] [/spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler] [spoiler] [/spoiler]

Around the last picture is when I usually crash.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

Hmmm, I don't know but that really looks like issues caused by the graphics card. Tried re-installing drivers, or maybe installed a previous ("dated") driver? Are you using Vista or XP?

Strategist1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Strategist1117

Hmmm, I don't know but that really looks like issues caused by the graphics card. Tried re-installing drivers, or maybe installed a previous ("dated") driver? Are you using Vista or XP?

dinuattila
I'm using Vista. I don't think it would be the graphics card though, the game's several years old and it runs newer games like Civ 4 and Sims 3 just fine.:?
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
[QUOTE="dinuattila"]

Strategist1117
I'm using Vista. I don't think it would be the graphics card though, the game's several years old and it runs newer games like Civ 4 and Sims 3 just fine.:?

Roll back your graphics card drivers to an earlier version. Also Enable forced software sound. Restart your computer then try running the game.
Strategist1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Strategist1117
[QUOTE="Strategist1117"][QUOTE="dinuattila"]

ferrari2001

Roll back your graphics card drivers to an earlier version. Also Enable forced software sound. Restart your computer then try running the game.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that.
HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts

3. I can't get the game to work on an intel integrated graphics card!    Solution: DO NOT BUY COMPUTERS WITH INTEL INTEGRATED GRAPHICS! Ever! Technically the hardware is not supported by the game and should not run. However intel insists that their hardware is quite capable and released this fix.    Solution:    Use the latest Intel® graphics driver along with the setting change described below. Refer to the driver README file for installation instructions as needed.    The following steps can be used to eliminate or minimize the "minimize to the taskbar" issue:    Go to:  Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Intel(R) Extreme Graphics (or Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator) > Graphics Properties...  Select the "OpenGL" tab.  Change the "Flipping Policy" to "Blit".    Thanks to cheapass for posting it on the boards. Now go and buy a real video card.  

Straight from the technical self-help from the BioWare forums (I have nothing against integrated graphics).I know it isn't exactly what you are experiencing, but I just wanted to put it out there.

It's a shame this game won't work without downgrading drivers and such. It is such a good game and the hours you spend trying to get it to run perfectly really mar it.

borge100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 borge100
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
It seems that everytime i try to enter the sand people enclave, the game goes right back to the main menu, and i cant click on anything, i have to use the control, alt, delete combo to exit the game after it zaps me to the menu