Stalker is killing Bioshock!

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 J-REAL
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
I bought both of these game the same day and I started playing Bioshock first. Bioshock is great and I was all in it and still am. I havent beaten it yet but the other day I install stalker. I wasnt going to buy it or give it a try because of some of the reviews and graphics, but I have to say those reviews were wrong on this one. Glad I gave it a shot. This game is the BOMB! Ever since I start playing I havent put it down and I forgot all about Bioshock! Im going back to Bioshock once I beat stalker because right now stalker is making me late for work every morning because I cant stop playing!
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts
They are both great games, and I'd have to agree with ya, I liked STALKER a bit more.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
Ya, I stopped playing Bioshock to go back to STALKER too.
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
Stalker is a good game but Bioshock is better in my view :D.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I haven't beaten bioshock and I'm installing stalker right now LOL :D
Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts
I like bioshock a lot more.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I havent played either of them. 8)

But stalker looks like a better game to me. Bioshock just...i dunno...doesnt grasp my interest.

Grove_City09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Grove_City09
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I havent gotten too far into STALKER to say yet... but it seemed like a good game.. I stopped playing it for BIOSHOCK because of the graphics... We will see though.. Gotta keep lookin around in both games!
DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts
I really want to get into Stalker...I love the whole post apocalyptic feel to it and the realism of the scenery. Its very atmospheric but...its sooo hard! I get to the second area and start dying of radiation sickness. Add to that my health going down from gun fire and I keep getting killed. Are there any good cheats for this game? lol
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
I really want to get into Stalker...I love the whole post apocalyptic feel to it and the realism of the scenery. Its very atmospheric but...its sooo hard! I get to the second area and start dying of radiation sickness. Add to that my health going down from gun fire and I keep getting killed. Are there any good cheats for this game? lolDAZZER7
dont use cheats, get better. Use cover more, use short bursts, move around often from cover to cover to ge the jump on the enemy and so they dont surround you, equip artifacts that increase your health or bulletbroof cap and endurance, equip better armor, evntually you'll get better guns.
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

I bought both of these game the same day and I started playing Bioshock first. Bioshock is great and I was all in it and still am. I havent beaten it yet but the other day I install stalker. I wasnt going to buy it or give it a try because of some of the reviews and graphics, but I have to say those reviews were wrong on this one. Glad I gave it a shot. This game is the BOMB! Ever since I start playing I havent put it down and I forgot all about Bioshock! Im going back to Bioshock once I beat stalker because right now stalker is making me late for work every morning because I cant stop playing!J-REAL

I grew quite bored with STALKER the first time I beat it, and the same went for Bioshock.

I thought both of them were...lacking.

ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts

Bioshock is full of polish and shine. It doesen't try to be too daring though as beneath the shine and polish is the ig icon syndrome of consoles.

Stalker moves against convention, its not your bog standard American shooter , we don't get poor voice actors like i have seen in alot of recent releases. It does lack polish made up for in lighting and texture levels.

I bought them both but if i had to stick my neck out i would go with Stalker mainly because it hasen't been held back by console disease.

kristjanp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 kristjanp07
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts
prolly gonna get bioshock tomorrow but ive finished stalker like 5 times now, and i still sumtimes get da munchies 4 it, i cant w8 fo S.T.A.L.K.E.R. clear sky
sahera_cpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sahera_cpr
zfksgksdgfgjklgglg
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Stalker's the most underrated game of the generation. Maybe even the decade. Just needed a little bit of patching up, that's all. Some really neat mods out there for it too.
beckoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#16 beckoflight
Member since 2006 • 848 Posts
Well their both are in 2nd place ofr me after HL2 ..... but still STALKER is better in fact if STALKER had the story a little bit more better told i whould say that it cchould surpass evan HL2's story ! + STALKER is way bigger & much more real than Bioshock & HL2 ! Sure can't w8 for the expansion tough CLEAR SKY FTW !
tsb247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 tsb247
Member since 2004 • 1373 Posts
I have yet to play Bioshock, but I have to say that I absolutely love STALKER. I haven't even beaten it yet because I've just been wandering around exploring all the areas. I've been doing so for over a month, and I'm still not at Pripyat! It's a great game!
everson_rm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 everson_rm
Member since 2004 • 1664 Posts

I really want to get into Stalker...I love the whole post apocalyptic feel to it and the realism of the scenery. Its very atmospheric but...its sooo hard! I get to the second area and start dying of radiation sickness. Add to that my health going down from gun fire and I keep getting killed. Are there any good cheats for this game? lolDAZZER7

NO way... STALKER isn't hard, you must have in mind that, until you got better battle suits you can't go heat2head with others... they'll kill you in no time. BTW... Bioshock is a great game (well, played it for an hour or so), for me, is better them STALKER, but need to finish Riddick first...

Hayden_hajed2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hayden_hajed2

I havent played Bioshock yet, i Brought Stalker about a week ago and it really is an amazing game, very underated, probaly the best shooter i have played in a very long time and one of the only games to really scare me in about 5 years,the first time i encountered a bloodsucker itit popped out of its invisibility about 1 foot infront of me iabsolutly poopedmyself andjust started spraying and making weird noises :oops:

alijib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 alijib
Member since 2003 • 178 Posts

I agree with @backoflight Half life is still the GAME!

However, I've played STALKER about 4 times, and It always gives me a satisfaction of in a world , unlikely of anyother FPS out there, all of NPC's accents , russian hardware, look and feel is very very rare in FPS world. After a little patch up this game really shines. Bioshock on other hand is very different, it gives me the powers of fantasy in a modern era of 1960 with a story line and some pretty looking levels. If I have to grade the FPS, then I will grade them

Half Life

Stalker

Bioshock ( I really like to Zap people)

Fear

Crysis ( Very Far Far Far Away Graphical Candy)

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

IMO, i wouldnt even put half life in the same category as stalker. In a way, they are different games, albeit both are FPS. I just love stalkers atmosphere, an atmosphere that wasnt replicated in bioshock imho. I thought bioshock was guna be a game for me that would want me to keep playin...but not really tbh. Stalker i love just walking around and taking in the sights and seeing a dog getting catapulted across the land...lol.

Stalker to me was by no means boring, theres always something to keep you looking/guessing. Bioshock is a good game, but i feel stalker was great.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts

I hate stalker's presentation. I hate reading thru texts and it makes it dizzy. There was no lip synching, and textures are just too dated. However, i have to admit the game is deep.

Bioshock.....is powerful, and a masterpiece, tho the potentials are left untapped at times. Its one of the most freshest fps experience on pc for me since the first half life.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

I hate stalker's presentation. I hate reading thru texts and it makes it dizzy. There was no lip synching, and textures are just too dated. However, i have to admit the game is deep.

Bioshock.....is powerful, and a masterpiece, tho the potentials are left untapped at times. Its one of the most freshest fps experience on pc for me since the first half life.

shalashaska88

There are graphics-enhancing mods for Stalker that bump up the texture quality, among other things. There are mods for Stalker that tweak just about everything about that game.

For the record, I do think Bioshock is better than Stalker. It's one of my favorite games ever. Stalker's just so damn underrated, though. Most people have no idea how good that game is.

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 anandram

shalashaska88

Wow, peoples taste and preferences are really, REALLY different :P

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anandram
Whats the best mod to install for stalker for textures and grapx? Float32?
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

i sold my stalker at the pawn shop .... i felt it was such a bad game ...
the a.i. is unstable ... (like weak sometimes or bugged, and the next time it blows you away)
running around for completing stupid and useless quests was pissing me off ....
the rediculous recoil was frustrating
the not-realistic stupid way the radiation was used is just retard

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Just gotta say STALKER rocks! I was very impressed when I finally got around to playing it. Of course by then the patches were already out, so I have no technical complaints. Could be better optimized I guess, but so could some other games (Rainbow Six Vegas).

Will definitely be looking forward to STALKER Clear Sky.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
IMO BioShock beats Stalker by a looong shot.
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts
I agree...S.T.A.L.K.E.R is lot better optimized, then BIOSHOCK and much easier to play, thou too short for me;)
humbugdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 humbugdude
Member since 2004 • 278 Posts
STALKER is among the best games out there EVER. It's just reallly badly optimized
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
If they release the Free Roam patch they promised, STALKER will be much better than Bioshock. Currently It's not there yet.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#32 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
I've played both of them and think both of good. Stalker however needs patching and i'm simply not playing it again until they fix it.
wiebelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#33 wiebelo
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

Bioshock sucks. One of the most overrated boring games i've played. I only like the graphic style.

Go Stalker!

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Pistols in STALKER suck lol... The only reason I kept playing that game was too see how many headshots I could get on the people in the arena (playing on friends computer). While I was playing there was a major lack of storyline and I wasn't tempted to do the main quests whatsoever.
J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 J-REAL
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
Stalker A.I. is great! When you get into a fire fight there is a 50/50 chance you are going to come out of it alive. The best things about Stalker is when the Military invades a base at night now that is hard without night vision goggles and when a pack of cat werewolf thingys start running around you at night and you just see the white of there eyes. This game made me jump more than any other game and im not even half way through it yet!
gfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gfile
Member since 2007 • 1565 Posts

IMO, i wouldnt even put half life in the same category as stalker. In a way, they are different games, albeit both are FPS. I just love stalkers atmosphere, an atmosphere that wasnt replicated in bioshock imho. I thought bioshock was guna be a game for me that would want me to keep playin...but not really tbh. Stalker i love just walking around and taking in the sights and seeing a dog getting catapulted across the land...lol.

Stalker to me was by no means boring, theres always something to keep you looking/guessing. Bioshock is a good game, but i feel stalker was great.

anandram
Agree completely!
rudyroundhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rudyroundhead
Member since 2003 • 9612 Posts
There is a trainer that you can download online somewhere. Search google for Stalker Cheats and it will pop up somewhere. The only part of it I used though was ulimited wieght so I coudl carry a ton of crap. :)
big_al123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 big_al123
Member since 2004 • 547 Posts
I found STALKER and Bioshock to be very different games, but I enjoyed both immensly
Tehgiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tehgiggles
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts

I only just started bioshock, and I think its awesome.

My PC cant handle stalker haha.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

I only just started bioshock, and I think its awesome.

My PC cant handle stalker haha.

Tehgiggles

Thats just wierd, my pc can handle stalker pretty well in full dynamic lighthing and so on, but bioshock runs pretty bad.

DeathEaterR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DeathEaterR
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
I still like Bioshock for the water graphics, but STALKER really brought home the bacon when it comes to scaring the crap out of you. That's worse when I played with the lights off =D
smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts
stalker is way too boring for my taste, i tried it, died, tried again... too much repetition, little storyline, bah, Bioshocks better
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I like STALKER more. I don't like it how you can go rampaging with a wrench and spam first aid kits.
Legend4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Legend4000
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts
Bioshock hands down. Not enough action for me in STALKER
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 A1B2C3CAL
And it goes back and forth back and forth lol...these threads are always so productive.
mclazyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#47 mclazyj
Member since 2003 • 4391 Posts

Bioshock is full of polish and shine. It doesen't try to be too daring though as beneath the shine and polish is the ig icon syndrome of consoles.

Stalker moves against convention, its not your bog standard American shooter , we don't get poor voice actors like i have seen in alot of recent releases. It does lack polish made up for in lighting and texture levels.

I bought them both but if i had to stick my neck out i would go with Stalker mainly because it hasen't been held back by console disease.

ardylicious

You do know that that 2K Games used a separate PC development team to give the PC a different feel and interface. Just checking.

Shrodinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 Shrodinger
Member since 2005 • 994 Posts
Heh. STALKER is definitely a better game. But I can actually get Bioshock to run on all high settings at at 30+ fps. STALKER=4 :(
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 A1B2C3CAL

[QUOTE="A1B2C3CAL"]And it goes back and forth back and forth lol...these threads are always so productive.naval

well this thread is not about stalker v/s bioshock but more about the fact that stalker was quite underated. people who have ignored stalker till now may give it a try sometime. i remember long time back i bough vampire bloodlines based on some similar thread and i enjoyed that game greatly .

Could of fooled me that this isn't a Game Vs. Game thread...