Spore has been delayed... indefinitely. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arisugawa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Arisugawa00
Member since 2004 • 267 Posts

I hope some one gets a brick throught the window for this

http://kotaku.com/gaming/pc/spore-slip-sliding-away-270324.php

SaDiZTiKStyLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 SaDiZTiKStyLeZ
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
Not something i didn't already expect. Not cool none the less
sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sircyrus
Member since 2003 • 6358 Posts

They better slap a new graphics engine on that sucker before it's eventual release or it's going to be seriously dated. It already looks dated today, so just imagine in 2 years time when Crysis and the like are out.

And before you start with the "graphics don't make gameplay!" arguement, I never said it did. However with a game where the main attraction is being able to develop a creature+civilization with a lot of emphasis on the visual customization side of things, poor graphics is something that will hamper the experience.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
end of 2008, still it will be groundbreaking gameplay wise unless another publisher has a sweat shop pc game team working on a similar game.
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
Brick to window dosen't cut it. I'm boycotting all EA games.
Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mithrandir0x
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

Brick to window dosen't cut it. I'm boycotting all EA games.Unstoppable_1

Moving the EA video intro from every EA game to another folder??

Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts

Actually i'm pretty tired of EA games. They are good but they fail to achieve greatness. The reason being is they are still pushing the developers too hard and rushing the games out. C and C 3 had poor multiplayer launch because it was rushed. The single player did not keep me for more than a week before I beat it.

Plus the Kane edition was nothing compared to what people got over seas. They got tons of freebies with their collector's edition. We got a crummy poster and some dvd extras which were nice but not enough for 10$ more.

Also the damned EA logo won't go away on ESC. That's just viral advertising at it's best. A few months ago I sold almost all my PC games and kept the best one's. Needless to say none of the EA game survived the liquidation.

It's just a personal decision and truly has nothing to do with Spore.

To conclude their games are good, but I want them to be great. C and C 3 was tons of fun but it was just missing that spark. The third race was so not done. The spark that is only achieved when people are enjoying making the game without being harassed by the publisher. I don't trust EA it's as simple as that. Blizzard on the other hand is a company you can trust. All their game servers are still online last time I checked. (Warcraft 2 and above apply)

Did you know EA shut down some of their game servers so that people have to buy the new sport franchise version? That's just horrible.

MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts

this game was looking lame

like sim life - teh suck

and sim ant - ummmm, ... yea

and sim tower - kinda fun

sim copter - teh fun ! :P

sim farm - teh lame

Will Wright was probly thinking, oh gosh this game is rubbish..

we all saw the Spore Creature Editor in action, those poor creations looked like circus freaks

Hopefully he will take a new direction in the wild life area

Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mithrandir0x

Actually i'm pretty tired of EA games. They are good but they fail to achieve greatness. The reason being is they are still pushing the developers too hard and rushing the games out. C and C 3 had poor multiplayer launch because it was rushed. The single player did not keep me for more than a week before I beat it.

Plus the Kane edition was nothing compared to what people got over seas. They got tons of freebies with their collector's edition. We got a crummy poster and some dvd extras which were nice but not enough for 10$ more.

Also the damned EA logo won't go away on ESC. That's just viral advertising at it's best. A few months ago I sold almost all my PC games and kept the best one's. Needless to say none of the EA game survived the liquidation.

To conclude their games are good, but I want them to be great. C and C 3 was tons of fun but it was just missing that spark. The third race was so not done. The spark that is only achieved when people are enjoying making the game without being harassed by the publisher. I don't trust EA it's as simple as that. Blizzard on the other hand is a company you can trust. All their game servers are still online last time I checked. (Warcraft 2 and above apply)

Did you know EA shut down some of their game servers so that people have to buy the new sport franchise version? That's just horrible.

Unstoppable_1

I know it, I truelly understand that feeling. Look at what happened with Nox when EA stomped Westwood Studios. Snif... snif...

(Please, give me another handkerchief, again I'm crying with blood tears... -.-)

kakarotxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kakarotxiv
Member since 2003 • 3243 Posts
meh it sucks anyway. game everyone's waiting is crysis. join us
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Actually i'm pretty tired of EA games. They are good but they fail to achieve greatness. The reason being is they are still pushing the developers too hard and rushing the games out.Unstoppable_1
It's some special level of ironic seeing a comment like this in a thread where people are complaining about EA letting Spore be delayed. :D edit: and reading the article, this is STILL the same info from the conference call a month ago.. 'slipping out of fiscal 08 and into fiscal 09' means 'slipped just past march 2008.' fiscal year 09 ENDS in march 2009. my fall 08 guess is still on track!
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Not good, but will give me time to get into this "spore" hype.
Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Oni
Member since 2002 • 1649 Posts
Pretty lame. Sounds like EA is trying to pull a Nintendo with their Uber Hype and Mega Delay of this title. There's a huge difference though .. Nintendo puts out good games.
gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts

meh it sucks anyway. game everyone's waiting is crysis. join uskakarotxiv

its true.

Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mithrandir0x
I disagree -.-U Another s h i t t y FPS with revolutionary graphics that doesn't innovate in the genre itself. Meh, it isn't worth to buy.
astralislux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 astralislux
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

Remember that Spore was never actually intended to be released as a playable game. It was created to test new technologies and Wright and company were influenced to make this into a new game. When I first read about it, I didn't really think the idea was so great but everyone talked about how revolutionary the game engine was. But in the end, the gameplay is what is important. It seems like the delay is to improve the gameplay. They may as well stop where they are and use the technology for an entirely new game they create instead of trying to make this game work.

In reality, they should have been working on SimCity 5.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58336 Posts
[QUOTE="Unstoppable_1"]

Mithrandir0x

I know it, I truelly understand that feeling. Look at what happened with Nox when EA stomped Westwood Studios. Snif... snif...

(Please, give me another handkerchief, again I'm crying with blood tears... -.-)

Holy sh**!!!

Someone else played Nox!? Didnt know you existed!

But ya, when EA took over Westwood they killed everything but the C&Cname. Most people dont realize that Westwood was multitalented; Bladerunner, Nox, Dune franchise (Emperor: Battle for Dune = underrated!), Lands of Lore, etc.

You would think that these huge powerhouses like Microsoft and EA would make the best games due to their huge budget, but they dont. It really is disappointing.

123monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 123monkey
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts
How annoying, i hope they give the game a new graphics engine, otherwise the game is going to seriously dated.
Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mithrandir0x
Holy sh**!!!

But ya, when EA took over Westwood they killed everything but the C&Cname. Most people dont realize that Westwood was multitalented; Bladerunner, Nox, Dune franchise (Emperor: Battle for Dune = underrated!), Lands of Lore, etc.

You would think that these huge powerhouses like Microsoft and EA would make the best games due to their huge budget, but they dont. It really is disappointing.mrbojangles25

Well, people recognise often the distributor rather than the developer. A good example would be the Halo franchise. It's more often linked to Microsoft rather than Bungie software (developer of some games for Mac and the excelent game Oni).

How annoying, i hope they give the game a new graphics engine, otherwise the game is going to seriously dated.123monkey

Hmmm should I say that beauty isn't the only thing in this world?

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
wow just wow never thoght this would happen ever. spore looked like ti would have been a good game for pc. I would like to know why it is not coming out was it too bugy or something
Feran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Feran
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

Im not sure if it is deylayed "indefinitly" as that link puts it. It just states that Spore has slipped out of fiscal 08 and into fiscal 09. Which basicly means financial year not normal year. so fiscal 09 I think is actually after march 08

check this link out for more info

http://totalspore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=600

mad0260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 mad0260
Member since 2003 • 1198 Posts
the game looked done like2 years ago
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="Mithrandir0x"][QUOTE="Unstoppable_1"]

mrbojangles25

Holy sh**!!!

You would think that these huge powerhouses like Microsoft and EA would make the best games due to their huge budget, but they dont. It really is disappointing.

Hey! I am playing Nox for the first time right now :P Pretty fun game too. Thanks for suggesting it in another thread, MrBonjangles.

Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mithrandir0x
Then try the Quest Mode in multiplayer, it's the Gaunlet Holy Grounds. Or the Noxball, friggingly insane Oo
ERingpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ERingpwns
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I bet if Maxis was its own company instead of being owned by EA the game would have been out by now or at least a very close and set release date.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Makari
I bet if Maxis was its own company instead of being owned by EA the game would have been out by now or at least a very close and set release date. ERingpwns
Good god, where does this kind of stuff come from? Maxis WAS its own company/publisher in the late nineties, and you know what happened? They wanted to cancel the Sims. They were going to. EA didn't want them to. Usually the complaint has that EA rushes games, now that they're not - people are complaining that they're -not- rushing them. I mean.. this just blows my mind. You think EA doesn't want to push this game out the door ASAP and make $$$?
ERingpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ERingpwns
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I knew they were their own company, and I'm not talking about The Sims, I'm talking about Spore.
Erandel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Erandel
Member since 2004 • 1164 Posts
Amazon already got wind of this (in the UK anyway) and set the date for March 31st, April 1st. Of course that could move, but then end of march is 2009 fiscal year as mentioned above.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Makari
I knew they were their own company, and I'm not talking about The Sims, I'm talking about Spore.ERingpwns
Yeah. So what I'm telling you is that if Maxis were still its own company, Spore just plain would not be made. Something like The Sims was too risky/intensive to pull off for them alone. Spore is a continuation of the same game philosophy that The Sims almost singlehandedly proved to be feasible and wildly popular. Seriously though, anybody getting pissed off at EA for not rushing a game out the door is just a major, major whiskey tango foxtrot moment. So you're one of the people that prefers unfinished games pushed out the door too soon? You must hate Blizzard and Valve, since they just love to take their sweet time for a quality game.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

[QUOTE="Unstoppable_1"]Brick to window dosen't cut it. I'm boycotting all EA games.Mithrandir0x

Moving the EA video intro from every EA game to another folder??

And that folder is named brick!

Aufban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Aufban
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts

Im guessing they (Will) realized there's no there there.

Without game play, can you call it a game? I've wondered all along how much fun a game like this could be. I doubt it will ever be released.

AssassinDT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AssassinDT90
Member since 2007 • 308 Posts
I bet it never releases
Flameberge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flameberge
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

Not really all that surprised. Always thought Spore was going to be another one of those games, that if it did get released, was gonna be one most gamers would read reviews of it, and think "hey, that's pretty cool".

...and proceed to ignore it; á la Psychonauts.

0_Wii_Man_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 0_Wii_Man_0
Member since 2006 • 919 Posts

[QUOTE="kakarotxiv"]meh it sucks anyway. game everyone's waiting is crysis. join usgamerchris810

its true.

amen to that (lol)