So what you want to see in Fallout new vegas?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Me?

- Many more guns (confirmed)

- Better gunplay (confirmed)

- weapon upgrades (confirmed)

- geckos (confirmed)

- the city of vegas to be filled with npcs and not beeing a battlezone like the DC in fallout 3

- higher level cap, above 30.

- better story

- better stability in both optmization (memory leaks) and proper quadcore support

- less crashes

Your turn,

Forum: "better dialogues/characters"

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Better animations - The animations in Fallout 3 (and oblivion) were far too stiff and everyone stood there the same, walked the same straight way. It looked like i was playing the Sims up close.

More memorable characters.

Better/more voice acting

Perhaps not zooming into peoples faces as you talk to them, not freezing the game world when conversations take place (i know the likelihood of survival in certain situations would be 0 but it took away from the immersion for me)

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
The potential of Fallout 3 combined with the touch of Obsidian, that's all I want, problem is if it will really be enough to take me away from WoW :P I always return to WoW every year, so it would need an extremely interesting world to change that, for me at least. All I care about is the story, it's doesn't need to have a great story, but something that doesn't hurt when you read/look at it, something that keeps you entertain, makes sense and can be combined with the game experience making a superb atmosphere, that was mostly something that would link the pieces, but for me the most important aspect would be the world after that boss fights and pvp, I don't really care about the weapons and clothes but if they make lots of them they'd better make every single one as unique as possible and I also don't care about levels, it could have even 5 levels, but you need something that needs a lot of time to accomplish besides that, like professions, if not then they should really make a high level cap.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dakan45

Better animations - The animations in Fallout 3 (and oblivion) were far too stiff and everyone stood there the same, walked the same straight way. It looked like i was playing the Sims up close.

Better/more voice acting

Perhaps not zooming into peoples faces as you talk to them, not freezing the game world when conversations take place (i know the likelihood of survival in certain situations would be 0 but it took away from the immersion for me)

lucfonzy
From what i heard they gonna add some since they gonna make the meele system more complex with diffient attack moves and counter attacks. I am also using this http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/2304-1-1233652943.JPG Kinda cool but slows down the response time.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

Better/more voice acting

dakan45

From what i heard they gonna add some since they gonna make the meele system more complex with diffient attack moves and counter attacks. I am also using this http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/2304-1-1233652943.JPG Kinda cool but slows down the response time.

What does that mod do? looks weird.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Me?

- geckos (confirmed)

- the city of vegs to be filled with npcs and not beeing a battlezone like the DC in fallout 3

- better story

- better stability in both optmization (memory leaks) and proper quadcore support

- less crashes

Your turn,

dakan45

I agree with everything apart from the last few... I didn't have a problem with FO3's story, it was pretty good considering what they had to work with AND trying to incorporate the lore from the previous games...

I also never had any of the technical problems apart from random Live signouts on PC (which crashes the game because your save becomes restricted)... So that was Games for Windows Live's fault, not the game's... Apart from that I have never had any issues with either the 360 or PC version and all DLC on both (I am a FO3 fanatic, I have it all apart from PS3 version)... Quite the contrary actually, any of the glitches I experienced were actually beneficial to me...

What I hope for though:

-Like you said, a LOT more NPCs...

-A LOT more quest, sidequest, and unmarked quest... I want there to be so many that I can't even imagine beating them all... Unlike FO3 where you complete the story and the main sidequest and it is a ghost town with nothing to do...

-More stronghold type "bases"... I loved attacking raider camps or Talon Company bases... They were few and far between however...

-Just a lot more "stuff" in general... I loved FO3, I just want it to last longer with more to do... So I could care less if they change a lot (though changes for the better are always good), I just want a MUCH longer game...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

Better/more voice acting

lucfonzy

What does that mod do? looks weird.

Changes the dialogues hud to what you just saw there is another one that changes the loot menu with the ones from fallout tactics. Much better than the black and green default ones.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

Me?

- geckos (confirmed)

- the city of vegs to be filled with npcs and not beeing a battlezone like the DC in fallout 3

- better story

- less crashes

Your turn,

Buttons1990

I agree with everything apart from the last few... I didn't have a problem with FO3's story, it was pretty good considering what they had to work with AND trying to incorporate the lore from the previous games...

I also never had any of the technical problems apart from random Live signouts on PC (which crashes the game because your save becomes restricted)... So that was Games for Windows Live's fault, not the game's... Apart from that I have never had any issues with either the 360 or PC version and all DLC on both (I am a FO3 fanatic, I have it all apart from PS3 version)... Quite the contrary actually, any of the glitches I experienced were actually beneficial to me...

What I hope for though:

-Like you said, a LOT more NPCs...

-A LOT more quest, sidequest, and unmarked quest... I want there to be so many that I can't even imagine beating them all... Unlike FO3 where you complete the story and the main sidequest and it is a ghost town with nothing to do...

-More stronghold type "bases"... I loved attacking raider camps or Talon Company bases... They were few and far between however...

-Just a lot more "stuff" in general... I loved FO3, I just want it to last longer with more to do... So I could care less if they change a lot (though changes for the better are always good), I just want a MUCH longer game...

I didnt mind the story either, alot people seem to complain that its not epic, that i can agree. Using live is not even an option for me, i always disabled it in flalout 3 in order to run well. I hope this time there are more towns and more bases with raiders so i can try my modfiried guns on them. HAR HAR HAR :twisted: oh and respawn faster. Oh and yeah more sidequests, oblivion had more, i guess we need a bigger map for that.
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

It's looking to be a lot better than FO3, which makes me happy.

The hardcore mode looks sweet. I'm hoping for maybe a deeper story.

nikita121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 nikita121
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

A more different environment. I have to admit, the screenshots so far of the landscape look A LOT like Fallout 3.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Have more than 3 voice actors.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Buttons1990

A more different environment. I have to admit, the screenshots so far of the landscape look A LOT like Fallout 3.

nikita121

Um, well there isn't much variation in what is left after a nuclear bomb goes off... It isn't like there is one nuke that turns a place into a wasteland and one that turns a place into a colorful haven of rainforests and animals... I am not quite sure what you expect would be different?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
A game that is not Oblivion with guns... o well I won't be picking this up.
cheese1756

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cheese1756
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

Like you said, more NPC's. I would want to find friendly NPC's out in the wasteland and not just in towns. I think it would be great if you could have more than one human friendly in your party, but I don't think that is going to happen. More sidequests would be great, but they are not so necessary. A greater variety of enemies would also be good, fighting only Raiders, Talons, and Super Mutants (with your occasional animal) gets a little repetive.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Buttons1990

Like you said, more NPC's. I would want to find friendly NPC's out in the wasteland and not just in towns. I think it would be great if you could have more than one human friendly in your party, but I don't think that is going to happen.

cheese1756

You can do that, but it requires glitching :D

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45
A game that is not Oblivion with guns... o well I won't be picking this up.millerlight89
Honestly the only thing that reminds me of oblivion is the engine, everything else looks completly diffirent (apart from the npcs) It is definetly not oblivion with guns.
chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

well, im completely fine as it is now.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

What do I want? Basically more of everything, and greater variety.

- Keep the 'fetch and carry' quests to a minimum, and increase the number and variety of other side-quests

- Include a good number and variety of interesting NPCs with 'depth'

- Increase the number of potential companions for each 'reputation', and include more 'pet' companions. Include a pack mule.

- Give more locations a unique look and atmosphere

- Improve main character animations (side-stepping, sneaking, jumping, swimming)

- Have NPCs engaged in more activities instead of just hanging around (requires more 'task' animations, eg, fixing things, making items, even cooking)

- Include a good number and variety of new monsters to encounter

- Increase the texture detail

- Add a pair of binoculars to equippable gear so you can scout terrain without needing a scoped weapon (and thus reduce weight requirement, especially in hardcore mode)

- Include a dwelling somewhere that you can just buy, rather than have to complete a quest to own it - or allow you to 'stake a claim' on a few abandoned shacks

Most of the other improvements I would have wanted are already confirmed, like hardcore mode, more weapons, ability to modify weapons, and tweaking VATS so you can't abuse headshots.

trigun3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trigun3232
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

"So what you want to see in fallout new vegas?"

-More GUNS!

-lots of quest

-Lots of npc

-more towns(and more populated)

-More giant creatures

-more armors

-better animation

-this sounds kinda weird.... but i want a pet taming system, like make a rad roach as a pet :twisted:

-and maybe to become more realistic... you need to feed your character, so we would really try to scavenge in the wasteland,

-and i want a bigger safe house :D

hmm.. theres more, i just dont know where to start....:?

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#20 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Real time shadows! That's all I ever want to see in the game.

Bros89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bros89
Member since 2004 • 624 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]A game that is not Oblivion with guns... o well I won't be picking this up.dakan45
Honestly the only thing that reminds me of oblivion is the engine, everything else looks completly diffirent (apart from the npcs) It is definetly not oblivion with guns.

agreed

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dakan45

Real time shadows! That's all I ever want to see in the game.

mhofever
Then prepare for a saints row 2 perfomance. Real time shadows on an open world game are killing perfomance.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

The main thing I would like improved going from from Fallout 3 to Fallout: New Vegas is far less crashes ad better optimization. Not to say Fallout 3 was poorly optimized but they have had time to tweak the engine since Fallout 3.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45

The main thing I would like improved going from from Fallout 3 to Fallout: New Vegas is far less crashes ad better optimization. Not to say Fallout 3 was poorly optimized but they have had time to tweak the engine since Fallout 3.

PublicNuisance
I want that too, but i fear that osbidian lacks experiance with the engine and they can mess things up even worse.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

dakan45

I want that too, but i fear that osbidian lacks experiance with the engine and they can mess things up even worse.

That is a possibility all I can say is I have faith. Obsidian has a good track record with me.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

PublicNuisance

That is a possibility all I can say is I have faith. Obsidian has a good track record with me.

It sure is a mess though, right now plaining in geck and its pretty confusive to use in detail. I kinda see why most devs use unreal engine, its so easy to use.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PublicNuisance

It sure is a mess though, right now plaining in geck and its pretty confusive to use in detail. I kinda see why most devs use unreal engine, its so easy to use.dakan45

It does seem easier to use and Obsidian does have experience with it but as far as I know it costs $500 000 to license it. With Bethesda already having their own engine it wouldn't make financial sense to spend that kind of money.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"] It sure is a mess though, right now plaining in geck and its pretty confusive to use in detail. I kinda see why most devs use unreal engine, its so easy to use.PublicNuisance

It does seem easier to use and Obsidian does have experience with it but as far as I know it costs $500 000 to license it. With Bethesda already having their own engine it wouldn't make financial sense to spend that kind of money.

I am still "Plaining" trying to find what i need, from all the engines i have tried, this has the most confusive, i am like this :shock: its a plain filled with buttons and very confusing controls. I hope now that they are with id, their next games will use id's engine.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
More Fallout. You know, style and role playing. Pity the recent screens have kinda of nuked the potential style revival. Seriously communists, M4 carbines and orbital satellites?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]More Fallout. You know, style and role playing. Pity the recent screens have kinda of nuked the potential style revival. Seriously communists, M4 carbines and orbital satellites?

hehem indeed, its Nevada with m4s and geckos.
Bigsteve3570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bigsteve3570
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts
-Hardcore mode.... o wait... they did that... -No more stupid VATS and slow mo gun play -Enemies not having god aim and being able to shoot you with steadfast precision even if you're 50 yards away with a pistol -Better customization of character stats and more interesting choices -More quests -More rewards for exploring -Better graphics than what we have seen in screenshots -Dynamic enemy AI that allows for proper stealth and what not -A better variety of different kinds of enemies
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dakan45
From what i heard vats stays and they will make the combat "Better" although they mention that you will be able to do headshots easier. I dont know how much "better" that is.
yourmajesty90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yourmajesty90
Member since 2006 • 1420 Posts

A better PC port without crashes and all that's in dakan's list

keren_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 keren_man
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts

I really want to try hardcore mode, hope it will make the game more challenging.

Also, a new weapons and skills will help too.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#35 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I would like to see the variety of mutanted creatures within the game.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Compared to Fallout 3 - Better plot, story, characters, dialogues, quests, world etc Compared to Obsidian's previous games - Bug Free
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

In short, much better PC optimizations.

Honnodenrei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Honnodenrei
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

This post was already posted. learn to post, and while your at it, learn to post some more. man , the nabs these days...

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] It sure is a mess though, right now plaining in geck and its pretty confusive to use in detail. I kinda see why most devs use unreal engine, its so easy to use.dakan45

I am still "Plaining" trying to find what i need, from all the engines i have tried, this has the most confusive, i am like this :shock: its a plain filled with buttons and very confusing controls. I hope now that they are with id, their next games will use id's engine.

I'd be fine with that. ID has a history of making engines that when maxed out look very good for their time but on the low end can be run by many machines.

nikita121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nikita121
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

This post was already posted. learn to post, and while your at it, learn to post some more. man , the nabs these days...

Honnodenrei

Obvious troll is obvious.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]More Fallout. You know, style and role playing.

In the spirit of this post, I want the ability to kill a mafia boss by giving his little son a loaded gun, and send him off to tell his dad all about the fun new game he just learned...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

PublicNuisance

I'd be fine with that. ID has a history of making engines that when maxed out look very good for their time but on the low end can be run by many machines.

True, but id is being out of the game for sometime, they better remain on that area with rage, because with all that console focus devs are doing lately, only god know what can possibly happen that will work against us.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]More Fallout. You know, style and role playing.

In the spirit of this post, I want the ability to kill a mafia boss by giving his little son a loaded gun, and send him off to tell his dad all about the fun new game he just learned...

Wow, is that the kind of stuff you could do in the first 2 Fallout games? If so I now understand why old-school Fallout fans are not too impressed with the new games.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dakan45
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"][QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]More Fallout. You know, style and role playing.

Wow, is that the kind of stuff you could do in the first 2 Fallout games? If so I now understand why old-school Fallout fans are not too impressed with the new games.

Not totally, fallout 2 had moments like that, not that many though. For example i remember one mission that i found someone and instead of trading him in i foced him to go outside new Reno (something like new vegas) and dig a grave that he hide some stolen stuff and then make him get in the grave and burry him. Did i mention that i had a wife at that point right next to me? :lol:
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Not totally, fallout 2 had moments like that, not that many though. For example i remember one mission that i found someone and instead of trading him in i foced him to go outside new Reno (something like new vegas) and dig a grave that he hide some stolen stuff and then make him get in the grave and burry him. Did i mention that i had a wife at that point right next to me? :lol:dakan45
The depth of role playing really doesn't compare.

I love it in the original Fallout series, how your character build legitimately changes the game - playing with low intelligence for instance only allows you to communicate in grunts. The amazing outcome is that the dialogue and reactions of npcs completely change to respond to the character build; and yet the game is just as playable - only of course very different when fitting into this character.

Fallout 3 isn't nearly on a similar level, honestly its astounding how immature and underdeveloped Bethesda's work is in comparison; even in creating a reactive world and quests.

Nonetheless Bethesda absolutely nail exploration, I would honestly say its the biggest draw-card of their games I have played.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dakan45
You mean that if you make a character with low intelligence and charisma you talk like you are "special" yeah i guess that was a nice feature to play with, but i couldnt do many quest that way. On the other hand bethesda made a big world with exploration and bioware sticks to dialogue options. To be honest i cant really say if osbidian is gonna make much of a diffirence, but we will see what they wil manage to achieve. So far it looks alot like fallout 3.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="skrat_01"] In the spirit of this post, I want the ability to kill a mafia boss by giving his little son a loaded gun, and send him off to tell his dad all about the fun new game he just learned...

It's a side-quest in Fallout 2, in New Reno. You could also get addicted to a card game called Tragic: The Garnering, and there was some beautiful political and religious satire in that game as well. So yes, you could do things like that, but that wasn't the point. The mood and the atmosphere that made those things seem perfectly natural was the point. Compared to some of the things Interplay put in the first two games, Bethesda's fallout is a tame and watered down version about walking around a wasteland and shooting things. And I got rid of wife into slavery Fallout 2, since I thought she was the most useless NPC in the whole game. I thought she was a complete waste of a group spot I could put a competent sniper in. I sold her to a group of slavers after the second time she got us killed with her incompetence... :twisted:
You mean that if you make a character with low intelligence and charisma you talk like you are "special" yeah i guess that was a nice feature to play with, but i couldnt do many quest that way.dakan45
I always liked going in the other extreme. Sky-high charisma and intelligence reveals some astonishing dialogue options and extra quests. Add a very high agility, and you can actually complete the entire first Fallout game without killing a single creature. You run from some battles and just talk your way out of the rest. It wasn't as fun, but just the fact that it was possible blew me away at the time.
venjhammet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 venjhammet
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

hope the game will be optimize, less bug or crashes and a good gameplay

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PublicNuisance

[ True, but id is being out of the game for sometime, they better remain on that area with rage, because with all that console focus devs are doing lately, only god know what can possibly happen that will work against us.dakan45

You're right about about ID beng out of the game a while. I actually can't remember their last game they developed themselves. Doom 3 ? Hopefully it's like riding a bike. I am worried about the console development hurting Rage and Doom 4. I just have to hope that they don't forget who put them at the top all those years ago.

Bros89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bros89
Member since 2004 • 624 Posts

i would love to see: no more freaking frame drops on windows 7

I had no trouble playing the game on vista, maxed with 8xAA

Now i get frandom framedrops (indoors, outdoors, looking at the freaking ground)

and this with a 4870x2, this card consumes the game, spits it out and consumes it again, what the hell is wrong?!?!